It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This isn't me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's not bad today, some days it looks like blisters all over my hands. Doesn't hurt, can't feel it, not bumpy, is still feels like my skin, just red blotches. Other days my hands look like the rest of my skin.

Source Pic is 800x600

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Thats pretty much exactly how my hand looks.

Sometimes there's red blotches, but most of the time there's not. I don't know what that means though.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Man that's one REALLY SHORT lifeline
I'd sort out your will..

Just kidding.. I don't believe in that stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The palm issue sounds like acrocyanosis, it's fairly common and usually benign. The head pain COULD be ice-pick headaches. At least, they sound like what I get, and the closest description for my own problem that I could find was ice-pick headache... For me, I usually only get them when I'm stressed, but they can be triggered, oddly enough, by a negative thought. As in, I think the thought and wham, the pain hits and leaves. Annoying stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the next time these thoughts pervade the tranquility of your mind, fully feel the weight and density of each emotion that the thoughts trigger. FEEL THEM.

Now

after a few minutes of this, change your perspective to that of an observer. Observe yourself experiencing these emotions.

The moment that you observe yourself, you transcend and instantly become more than yourself in that period of time in which you experienced that mindstate.

now observe yourself observing yourself...

each time you do this, you are getting closer to the real you.

Anger stems from fear, and fear is natural. Fear is also overcome by love.

Many people have different interpretations of love, and Im not talking about those interpretations. Im talking about the love of being alive.

How fortunate you are to have opposable thumbs and an amazingly harmonious mindbody that has been perfected over millions of years. How fortunate are you to be able to experience life on the planet earth, which spins around the sun, which spins around in the galaxy, which is only one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe.

What do you have to be angry about???Really?

Attitude is ultimately a choice.

I dare you to watch this entire video

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You won't go to a doctor when you have pains in your head? For all you know it might not be a mental problem it could be a physical one, it might even be something as mundane as stress! Please go and see a doctor, it's the best thing for you at the moment in my humble opinon. Take action now in case it's something bad, better that then you hurting yourself or someone else if it turns out to be bad.

Whatever happens i wish you the best of health.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

We live in interesting times . I do not think your reaction to the turmoil we see happening all around is unusual. Indeed , anyone who is not sensing the pressure that so many other people are experiencing is too disconnected. I hope this helps.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by justamomma

You're right. I do care about the world and those that are making something of themselves.

My anger is towards people who are weak, uneducated, hopeless and ignorant. Not those that can help themselves and take the time to educate themselves.

I can't stand seeing these wastes walk around, and everyone else has to pick up after them. I'm tired of it.

i feel the same way, actually and I think i've just realized it. I'm generally a very happy person, very optimistic and I love life and people. But lately I've found myself getting unnaturally irritated by things that shouldn't bother me...like you said, people who are ignorant and hopeless. It bothers me that it irritates me so much, haha. I want to accept and love everyone as they are; and I cannot understand why this is such a challenging feat. it makes me feel like a bad person

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I occasionally get he head-aches that you describe. For me atleast, they are not connected to any emotion - meaning I get them when I feel happy, when I feel sad, and they do not really change my emotion. Strange, but the first time I got them was many, many years ago.

The emotions... try giving into them. I have learnt to use them to my advantage, as they, particularly anger, helps me get things DONE. Try it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
if you spend alot of time reading on the internet especially
interesting subjects with intense subject matter
Remember to blink
it is very important to do this
It can cause head pains if you do not do this

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
about 2 days ago, for three datys straight i got this piercing pain in the back of my neck near the left side of the bottom of my skull, and the front part of my skull on the left side simultaniously. that sould come and go over the 3 days. almost like a sinus headache, but my sinuses didn't hurt.

i still don't know what was causing this, but i wasn't having the same feelings about the ignorant people.

i used to get those feelings alot. and delt with depression for a few years. tried all the anti-depressants that didn't help at all. and came to the realization that i needed to deal with these on my own. i did a lot of soul searching and realigon searching(trying to find the right denomonation/religion) for a few years.

at anyrate i don't want to ramble on, but this audio book helped me alot with dealing with those feelings and how the mind works. so i thought i would put a link in here for anyone wanting to listen.

www.learnoutloud.com...

its called "as a man thinkith" its about 54 minutes long and its a free download.i suggest if you listen to it do it at work, or while lieing down relaxing before bed.

what i did was d-load it and put it on my phone, and i would listen to it at work.

it really helped dealing with some co-workers. hope it helps

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I used to always loathe ignorance abundant in the majority of society, but the only thing it ever caused me was significant stress.

I Suffered from migranes and health problems and always was angry about how people could just be so dumb and unconscious. Like sleep walking through life.

But with meditation, conscious observation of my life, attempting to educate and learn with others using humor, and realizing that you can lead a horse to water but cannot force it to drink I have attained a much more positive outlook towards the future.

Whatever you focus on becomes bigger.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I understand the anger you feel very well. Anger is the most illogical and blinding of all emotions. If this is somehow connected to the feelings people have had lately (myself included), then perhaps "they" are preparing us for something. Perhaps our greatest weakness, as humans, is our emotions. If "they" exist, then "they" would have to know this. Just a thought.
As for the anger, my suggestion is to let it go. I've had anger problems in the past, but what helps me is to think about the situation logically. Anger is backwards, once you realize this, you will find it easier to let it pass. It's backwards because we feel anger towards those who have a lower IQ or who weren't raised correctly and therefor find themselves in circumstances that we cannot understand. Should we not pity these people instead? You will never be rid of your impulses, but if you look at things in a different light, you will be able to see things more clearly. Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Okay, I think this is a bit too vulnerable..

What I mean is, anyone have a bad time for any reason in their life, and who have also had their hands in their lap or up against each other in a firm press without really knowing it, to make the hands redder, could fall into this and say "me too!". I see the redness in the pic, and yeah, even my hand looks like that, but im pale, and can't recall what position my hands have been in before i started typing this post, suffice to say theyve moved into different positions.

And yeah, ive had headaches, abrupt "head stings" like this deep pierce pain that some are describing, and weird thoughts lately, but I always have abrupt head stings and headaches, its from lack of sleep, not the greatest nutrition, and strained eyes.

Hmm, thats weird, I just heard the horn of a train outside at 5:10am, anyways.

so yeah, i even had an outright panic attack to the point of tremors the other night, but kinda brought that on to myself in hindsight.

but theres always going to be a percentage of the population here that isnt feeling well and are angrier than normal, and considering i almost reasoned if something had been going on with me made me post this, because i realized it was some big time "me too" syndrome..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Here I go off on alimb again (a big one this time)...

Could it be possible that the frustration toward these ignorant people is a sign that some of us are attaining a more awakened state? Finally able to see the errors of human ways, and how detached many of us are from each other?

The reason I hypothesize this is because I have a nagging feeling that I was the same as the people I now despise not too long ago...

(or maybe I´m just losing it?)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm so glad I found this topic, I thought I was all alone in what I was thinking and feeling, but by the looks of it that is not true.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

I agree with what you're saying, I feel as I have ''awakened'' while everyone else are still sleeping zombies.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I also seem to be attracting more hostility from people around me. People I have no contact with beforehand. In the last 2 weeks I have been physically attacked in road-rage like situations where the other person was wholly to blame.

People stare at me a lot. At the market, in the street, all over the place. especially older people, they just stop where they are and stare at me as I walk by, turning their heads to do so.

I don´t have a weird appearance or dress in a way that should attract this kind of attention.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Have you considered that you may be earthquake/volcano sensitive? A lot of what you are describing could be attributed to this phenomenon. Check out the thread ' An Experiment in Alternative Methods to Earthquake Predictions', it could enlighten you.

Of course if you have continued problems I urge you to at least get a check up with your doc.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

You have somewhat of a point there, but there are valid places for anger. That sense of superiority could be better defined as disgust; not because you feel superior, but because they are letting their most valuable resource (their brain) go to waste. This waste of brain that is piling on the earth is something we will all have to pay for.

Seems to me that the anger you feel isn't unwarranted. It shows to me that you care about this world and those that actually are thinking.

I can definitely relate to this. It isn't close to being ever present, luckily, bit I definitely know that feeling.

Part of my job/hobby being a software developer, I think for me it's part of the "hacker"* mind set.. the "inquiring minds want to know"-McGuyver-meets-A-Team-meets-Star-Trek's-Data kind of feeling.

(* Note: in my dictionary: hackers MAKE things and crackers BREAK things. This is not the general mass media meaning. )

The deeply rooted drive to learn as much as I can about as many things as I can, combined with a flavor of creativity on top of it. All of this with the desire to propel mankind forward!

What comes to mind from this computer-related material are:

"How to become a Hacker:"

1. The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved.
2. No problem should ever have to be solved twice.

Creative brains are a valuable, limited resource. They shouldn't be wasted on re-inventing the wheel when there are so many fascinating new problems waiting out there.

3. Boredom and drudgery are evil.
4. Freedom is good.
5. Attitude is no substitute for competence.

www.catb.org...

What also comes to mind is the Hacker Manifesto

"Damn underachiever. They're all alike."
en.wikipedia.org...

And now this will return into a small rant...

With what we can achieve technologically, this world could be something that rivals the Gardens of Eden.

But because of everything underachieving, wasting brain power to the greed, abuse of power and the downright criminal and evil we are everything but reaching something that comes close.

Basically my approach is a bit like the Borg from Star Trek, but without the freaky hive mind mentality and the desire to squash everything in your path: learn everything you can and work together as 'one smooth engine' to be able to live in an awesome world with technology that borders on the miraculous. Peaceful, honorable, ethical, but powerful enough not to mess with.

And what do I just read?

That a group of Dutch female students, aged 17 - 25, were all horribly raped while working on a project to rebuild schools in Kenia.

The evil and injustice in that is close to making me explode.

I wished some Zeus-like figure ("for great Justice!") would appear in the heavens and instantly zap those evil critters that are nothing but a waste of flesh.

End rant.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join