It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dead' Nights - Anyone else experience this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

call me nuts...

okely dokely...

Would you rather a mob right in front of your house, getting drunk, howling, shrieking, screaming, taunting you, maniacally laughing, dumping/throwing trash on your lawn, breaking liquor bottles, & taunting you, doing unholy things during unholy hours, angrily & ignorantly asserting you have no right to complain what they do outside your property? Would you rather this happen to you for years all hours of the day? Now imagine, if by some cruel chance, the whole damn neighborhood thinks the same way and you find yourself the odd man out.

Your situation sounds like a paradise to me

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

Man that must be nice! I rareley get the chance to hear NOTHING. All the noise I hear is all man made. Airplanes,Cars,machinery....sucks. And at 2 a.m. when the bars close all I hear are those damn motorcycles rumbling down the road, everyday. I like motorcycles but at 2 a.m. everyday come on!!! (bars+motorcycles=accidents waiting to happen)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigmoose
Sounds to me, like rather than asking what we think, you're waiting for someone to ask what you think.

Because you have an idea why you think it is, dont you?

Why DO you think it's happening?

Haha... I wasn't expecting that and you're probably right. The thing is though, I don't know what I think.
Just that something doesn't feel right I suppose...

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Sensing the danger lurking in the shadows of the night, the potential prey endevours to remain perfectly still.

Hoping against hope that the gaze of the predator will overlook the cowering prey, time slows to an agonizing crawl, and a palpable silence blankets the scene until, satisfied that the danger has passed, life and breath resume, shaken but still alive.

Very nice! Did you write that? It's fairly creepy reading that and remembering last night's context.

I'm glad a few people know what I'm talking about, I suppose it isn't riveting and many people think it's just business a usual, but for me those nights are very odd. I appreciate the replies given that this is so vague and not tied to anything exciting like reptilian NWO's.

Perhaps it's just a side-effect of modern life. I'm so used to being 'on' all the time, either socially or through electronics and media that when it all goes away and there's dead silence it feels totally wrong. Who knows!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah I sometimes notice this late on but I love it! Its like the world is at peace! lol. When its like this I like to jus sit outside for a bit and stare at the stars. (As long as the sky is clear of course!).

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Come to Baltimore Md. and never worry about dead nights again. We always have a wide variety of noise to choose from. Police choppers and siren, all variations of gun shots, victims screams and cries and of course our nature sounds. Rats, crows, junkies and the homeless, chewing their way through you trash at night. hope this will help.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean and would agree with the poster who mentioned that its not only at night. I live in a busy city where there is always something going on at all hours of the day. I noticed about 3 months ago that things were, for want of a better word "odd".

Examples : The wind drops suddenly and its eerily silent, or a calm night can suddenly have a massive gust of wind that blows open the curtains and bangs any open doors. I live on a realy busy street only 10 metres from a main road and Ive noticed there have been times when the traffic just seems to dissapear for as long as 5 minutes.

The strangest example of all though is the fact that we are having mornings when there is no early morning bird call. I grew up with my grandfather, a man who lived his life in tune to nature who taught me to listen and watch. Belive me when I say that dry sunny mornings with no birds singing at break of dawn is wrong.

Something else Ive noticed is that the gulls are feeding way inland just now, their habitat in Scotland is changing and yes I know they are scavingers and go looking for food among us, but there are way too many of them in the dry areas and hardly any at the beaches or waterways.

I know that its very hard to evidence the issues raised by the OP and that in itself gives rise to flaming and scepticism so please keep an open mind to the thoughts, impressions and theories that are posted.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I live in the chicago suburbs and have experienced this. I stay up very late very frequently and I feel like the only one. I even have a feeling come over me that I should not go outside, almost as if it is illegal. It is a very strange feeling, although i am almost 40 years old, I feel like I will get in trouble from authorities if I even decided to go for a moonlight walk.

I know this will sound strange to some.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I learned to adapt to it. I usualy run a fan when im in a room, even if its pointed at a wall, and I cannot sleep with out a running fan. The sound of nothing is louder than the soft hum of a fan, aka white noise.

Run a fan, run the TV or play music in the background.

And the dead nights come alive in your favor.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

I know exactly what you mean. I used to be quite addicted to staying up until 3-4am simply for the peace and quiet you speak of. Call me crazy (really, go ahead)... But if you are a believer in "energy" people put out it makes sense that when all the world around you is sleeping that there is less psychic turbulence. Maybe you are one of those individuals that is more sensitive to other peoples energy so you are inclined to notice it's absence all the more. There is a reason why some writers and artists get their best work done in the wee hours of morning before even the birdies begin to stir.
For an experiment, try getting up a couple hours before sunrise and sitting outside in the stillness and open your senses. It's an amazing feeling to experience the energies awaken around you. Great way to start the day too. Sets a nice peaceful tone.

(I only read the initial post should someone have already posted this idea.)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

We stay at our cabin in the summer. It's dead silent other than wildlife. The sleep you get there is fantastic. The fridge cutting in is the only noise pollution. No tv allowed short periods of radio,this is the life. We would love to live there year round.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
...I'm glad a few people know what I'm talking about, I suppose it isn't riveting and many people think it's just business a usual, but for me those nights are very odd. ...

I'll give you another example that most people can relate to. Have you ever been outside late at night, with a new covering of snow on the ground, and it is still snowing heavily? The "silence" that the OP is referring to is like that silence. When it snows like that, the silence is somehow fitting, tranquil, and peaceful. The silence that the OP talks about is the same, but instead of being peaceful, it is ominous and eerie. In the snow, the silence seems to belong. What the OP is talking about is a silence that doesn't belong, and you seem to know it on an instinctual level.

I've heard a few of those nights. They are indeed creepy.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes I've experienced and hated plenty of those nights, as well as Lively nights, when everysounf comming through the window seems to be blaring. I live 14 miles from the highway, I cannot hear it except on said Lively nights, and that is only if I can here them over the other areas of sound.

There is something unsettling about the Dead nights. It's gotten to the point were it keeps me up. I find dead silence at times when at least the crickets should be chirping a bit unnerving.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
ah yeah those special moments are moments of total clarity when you become aware of the world around you, then i get bored of the silence and turn on the tv or music to keep my mind busy on something else.

no time to think about such things i guess, if we ever got stuck in such a state of awareness i think we might go mad with whatever is out there for us to find.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah I know those 'dead' nights you speak of. One night, after a few too many energy drinks, me and a friend decided to go get some food at about 1:30 on an early monday morning. Outside it was dead quiet. No wind, no bugs, no cars, nothing, and I live in the city (a small one, but a city nonetheless). I noticed that there were no people walking around either. I even commented that it reminded me of I Am Legend, or some sort of zombie movie. Then, when an odd noise did occur, it made it all the more creepier.

I do remember heading down one street, hearing a bizarre noise, and having the feeling that we really shouldn't walk down there.

Probably just my nerves getting the best of me haha

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its in your mind, I belive it to be a sign of a mental illness.

seems to me like you are scared, take a week of from ATS. or at least take things on here with a grain of salt

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Umm, I don't know about anyone else but this was happening before I ever found ATS.

And I don't see how a mental disability can cause all the normal sounds of an area to 'quit'

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

I've also experienced nights like this before ATS, way back when I was a kid. I sstill do get them every now and then. I live right behind one of the bigger intersections in my town, so no matter what time it is theres bound to be cars going through the intersection every 2-5 minutes, plus it seems like half the houses on my cul-de-sac have windchimes, so everytime theres a gust of wind, you hear it.

When I was a kid and those kind of nights rolled around, I'd always get the feeling I was the only person on the planet. Always gave me a weird feeling.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have noticed that quiet a few times the "darkness" in my bedroom seemed darker than usual as if something was causing it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join