It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toys!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well my mate got me a preysant yesterday.

Here's a shot of them

It's motorized, and runs around on treads. But it's unstable so I had to attach a cart made of Popsicle sticks.

Claps hands and says 'Ta-Da!'

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
some toys are great fun to have, especially if it becomes a bit of a hobby.

these micro heli's are only about 30 bucks, and i rekon i got about 100 flights out of 6 ordinary AA's that charge it + power the transmitter.

pretty easy to learn to fly good, can have 3 of them flying at once, and they take a whole lot of abuse.

[edit on 27/7/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Yeah, and just think once micro cams come out you'll be able to stick one onto your mini-RC heli and make your own Google Earth!

Are those very loud?

Have you seen any on youtube? Here's a neat one, but prob. not the best. Looks like you have to fly them indoors only?

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Awwwwwwwwwwww! It looks like Wall-e....

It look so sweet

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Every generation has it's own toys, and they can help define that generation. I'm going to really date myself here and post a Pic of my favorite childhood toy.......
The Incredible "Mr. Machine"

More info here:
scientificsonline.com...:trackingCode=991147C5-2D5B-DD11-AFF6-000423C27502&mr:refe rralID=NA&bhcd2=1217177185

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Marvin Glass and Co were the inventors of 'Mr. Machine'. They also made a toy which I liked a lot.

Very clever how they simulated a radio command. You set the command on the remote control then exhaled sharply as you said it. This (ideally) caused a metal plate to flop backwards in the 'mouthpiece of the remote control, completing the circuit.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My favorite toy growing up was my imagination. I would day dream like no other. Of course I had G.I. Joes, but they were just a tool. I still day dream and envision frequently.

Those robots looks awesome

Ever noticed when a kid has a birthday party, frequently the adult men have to check it out. See how thing work, and fiddle with it for a little bit?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
reply to post by Badge01

Awwwwwwwwwwww! It looks like Wall-e....

It look so sweet

I know.

See it with someone you love, child or adult.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow....Yes I remember him..I bought one for my son on his 10th birthday!!!!

top topics

join