It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is masturbation a sin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RushLimbaugh

from a biblical standpoint

thou shalt not covet

and jesus says if you do it in mind you do it in deed

read Job

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

thou shalt not covet

and jesus says if you do it in mind you do it in deed

Covet? Thy genitalia? How does one covet themselves? I thought it read "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife." Maybe there was a verse removed back long ago that said..."but feel free to covet thy private parts."

From Exodus:
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." (Exodus 20:17 KJV)

It doesn't say anything about one's own sex organs. To covet is to desire or to wish for earnestly. I guess, according to the bible, you can't wack off while watching your neighbor's wife. Not even if she's just out mowing the lawn. I guess you can't fantasize about her in your head either while pleasuring yourself.

Now....it appears straight women have a free ride here per the Big Guy Upstairs. He doesn't say anything about thy neighbor's husband. I guess gay men also have a free ride here from the Big Guy. It's only straight men and lesbians that can't covet. Straight women and gay men: HAVE AT IT!!!

I coveted chocolate once.....man my crotch was a mess!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

From Exodus:
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's." (Exodus 20:17 KJV)

I think "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors ass" covers the gay part of the
covet business. And I think we should steer clear of the "Ox" deal. Get it, "Steer clear" ....

Chocolate huh...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
.....Still, though, sometimes that urge....

Ahem.

Its only a sin if you're by yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors ass" covers the gay part of the
covet business. And I think we should steer clear of the "Ox" deal. Get it, "Steer clear" ..

Maybe....after all, He is talking about the male, not the female here. But I imagine it's okay for women to covet their neighbors' asses...whether straight or gay this is okay.

I think "Ox" was slang for the male genitalia back in the day...the time period that this fiction was written.

edit to add: Hello DG!!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Is masturbation a sin?

..Ofcourse not, silly
Lustful thoughts natural and not imperfect..!

My tip of the day:

HAVE A GO AND ENJOY MASTURBATING

I rather be a what 'they' call a sinner then not having sexual pleasure by myself or with someone else.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maturbation...sex...sharing with a partner who is willing, able and legal....all a beautiful experience. I was taught by my spirituality to enjoy what the goddess gave me. Don't harm others...a basic precept but an easy one. If a girl does not wish to have sex with me then we will not.

And before anyone says it...I believe that women are COMPLETELY equal to me. They shouldn't be worshiped above us and they shouldn't be demoralized below us.

I just had to say that before I got jumped.

Otherwse...enjoy your bodies...your life...your senses. That is my view anyway. Thank goddess I found a darling girl who agrees

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

if/when you fantasize at the time you are

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I remember watching Larry King years ago where he literally said:
"Rosie from Palmdale you're on the air."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join