It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the deal with every one talking about vampires?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
@ OP

Read what you just typed, look at the website you are posting on, and then punch yourself in the face for being an idiot. You can't disprove/prove vampires as much as you can any other creature people believe they have seen, have footage of, or some other dumb thing.

DIAF next time instead of making a QQ thread.

As for my own thoughts on vampires, I don't really care if they are or are not real. Because if they are, they just hide under rocks like every other critter such as dragons, aliens...I don't know, Team America?

[edit on 30-7-2008 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

I commend you, Caldensfey. That was seriously funny!!
wow... really. It does get boring, this idea that we have to justify our interests, on this sort of site. Asking why people here post about vampires. Silly...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
Yes! Thankyou! I was just about to ask the same thing: What IS "the deal" with this thread in the first place? Some of us have to justify our thoughts on creatures that have been documented, in one form or another, in every country throughout the world? Some people's lives are so lame they have to make such comments?

Oh, and i'd like to know how jitombe would deal with becoming an energy supplier for one of those psis! Only hypothetically, of course; it would be darn funny.

I've been meaning to check this thread, my response to your moronic thought....bring it on!!! We'll see who sucks out the energy out of whom. Hypothetically speaking of course, because vampires do not exist, simpleton.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I vill suck yor blood!

Hey guys!
I watched a discovery channel show about vamps.
They DO EXIST, just not Holywood style....

Vampires are people who drink other peoples blood.
There are many "vampire" cults who do this.

Hope that shed some light on it, remember vampires are people too....people who drink blood....and are freaks....

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngtank
what are your thoughts on Vampires?

I think they are someone's genetic engineering project, or maybe it is a combination of genetic engineering and having a relationship of some sort with an entity with advanced knowledge; "possessed by a demon" would be one way of putting it.

I like to theorize about such things because simply saying they don't exist is boring. I'd rather try to rationalize their existence, if only as a mental exercise.

I think that "entities" exist; ghosts, demons, angels, aliens, gods, devils; whatever you want to call them; I think they are all the same thing, or at least different varieties of the same thing. I think they have advanced knowledge and technology, and are primarily "spiritual" entities, with physical capabilities. I think that they far predate humans. I think that some are "good" (benevolent) and some are "evil" (malevolent).

I think that their advanced knowledge and/or technology allows them to manipulate energy/matter. I also believe they have a full understanding of biology, including DNA.

I have a family member, a Christian, who claimed to have encountered a demon in the mid-'70s. She didn't see the demon, because she was kneeling in prayer at the time, and chose not to look up, but she heard someone walk up the steps, along the porch (she assumed it was just an ordinary person coming to visit) but the door didn't open. Suddenly the air around her got cold, and the "demon" spoke to her, and she spoke back to it. Now the point of this story is the cold, and it is a common detail that is mentioned when people tell of supernatural encounters, including alleged encounters with vampires.

In order for a "spiritual" entity to do anything in the physical world, even to simply manifest or "appear", it would need energy. Heat energy is everywhere (there is no place on earth that is at "absolute zero") and would seem like an obvious choice. So if an entity is pulling heat energy from its surroundings, and converting it to something else (such as sound waves or matter), it would create a localized cold spot.

So with that in mind, I think that pretty much any of the mythical creatures may have existed at one time or another. Some of them may have had hard-coded DNA alterations, and others may have been done "on-the-fly" with energy/matter manipulation parlor tricks.

This is my take on the "giants" of the Hebrew scriptures as well. The Bible claims that the "sons of God" came in unto the "daughters of men", which produced offspring which were giants; apparently angel/human hybrids. Is such a thing possible? I doubt highly that a spiritual being could breed with a human, or breed at all for that matter; so I think the angels did genetic engineering on unborn human children to produce giants. They were their "fathers", but not in the conventional sense.

So what about vampires? I would guess that they are genetically altered to give them enhanced strength, speed, and longevity, and perhaps an altered metabolism and appetite which results in a craving for blood, as well as the ability to subsist on blood. The fangs? I'm not sure. I suppose it depends on what mythology you subscribe to. If the fangs are a permanent feature then it would be a DNA alteration. If the fangs grow when they are needed, then it would most likely be the "possessing demon" doing some matter/energy manipulation.

What about flight? Again, not all vampire legends include flight as an ability, but I don't see it as being out of the question. However, it would have to be a matter/energy trick, as I can't imagine any physical characteristic that could be coded for in the DNA which would grant anti-gravity capabilities to a human.

I would expect that werewolves and other "shapeshifters" would be entirely done by matter/energy manipulation by the possessing entity.

Again, I'm just thinking up stuff for fun. I'm not claiming anything here as "fact".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join