It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remember life before I was born

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

My five year old does as well. He has explained in great detail what being "inside mommy" was like, right down to the umbilical cord and what it was for. When he was three-ish, he used to talk about his life "with God before mommy and daddy." Not so much any more.

Ever since September 2007, when he has a very bad stomach-ache, he says it feels "like when a skyscraper" falls down. He has never seen or heard of any of the events of 9/11.

Pretty amazing conversations overall.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Very nice insight_javascript:icon('
')

also, follow this and practice doing the things that upset you _javascript:icon('
')
until you positively manage that practice

then conquer your next "fear" as if your well-being depended on it

(Long range - you might get to choose what you want to do next time you resurface in this funky dimension which is not what it is purported to be)

I am a 51 year old who is clearly aware that I have chosen my difficulties. Every time I forget that... I struggle.)_javascript:icon('
')

"We Are All Bozo's on This Bus" = Firesign Theater

Peace, baby!_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow. just wow.

I have had almost an identical experience... except the "beings" (which I don't remember what they looked like) somehow convinced me to go so I wasn't fighting it. I remember that wherever I was, I liked it and was going to miss it though.

I also remember them talking it over with me kind of asking me what I wanted my life to be like... and I remember telling them that I wanted a slightly challenging life. god how I regret this decision.

I used to think it was just some cracked out dream that I had when I was little... but It seemed so vivid. Over the years I just kind of forced myself to try to forget it... and to that point I was successful until I read this thread.

I've forgotten every other dream I've ever had when I was little... why in gods name do I still remember this one?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

My fault if someone else already pointed this out... Back in 2000, before I really got my feet wet in the whole paranormal thing, I happened across a book by Sylvia Browne. I know there probably is a lot of debate as to whether or not she is legit and I don't have an opinion either way. However, I did find some of her ideas interesting. One of her points was that while we are on the 'other side' (or dead, as it were), we map out our entire lives before we come back down to Earth. Now, she also said that we don't necessarily like the transition down to Earth, because the 'other side' is a place of complete peace. The people or spirits who aid our transition to Earth are usually people we knew from a past life or our spirit guides and are still interacting with us now (albeit in a much more discreet manner).

Keep in mind, I'm just relaying this information for you to use to formulate your own opinion, I'm not trying to start a debate over the validity of Sylvia Browne.

Her book is called The Other Side and Back. Fairly interesting read.

Also.

I recall seeing something on television a while back - I cannot remember specifics, but there was this toddler who was able to name off specifics on different World War II fighter aircraft and how to fly them. His parents were baffled, so they started to do some research. Come to find out, the kid was right about everything. The family said he was never exposed to aircraft after birth and the parents were not aviators, nor did they know anything about the information he was talking about. The belief is that he was a pilot back during that era and he either died while in flight or died and was reborn naturally. That is kind of sidetracked - but it just serves to show that it could be very plausible that you 'remembered' something from 'before.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
whoever mentioned the channel readings above I believe those are from the pleiadians.

just wanted to add believe it or not I remember years ago in college listening to NPR and they had a short segment on how some scientist theorize that child prodigys you know the kids who can play mozarts 5th at age 2 etc....were evidence for reincarnation NPR can be out there but I remember being really surprised to hear it on a major station in the middle of the day.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I am extremely torn when it comes to my opinion about this one. On one hand I believe in an after life, maybe not the traditional heaven/hell outcome but more along the lines that we are energy and energy never dies, is never born but can take on other forms. Energy has to go somewhere. If there is an after life why is it so incomprehensible that there is a prelife? I too have heard this. I have also done some research into the subconscious and dreams. It's been years ago but I also remember reading that dreams with this "plot" are very common as well. That is where I am torn. I enjoyed your post and appreciate the complexity. Thanks for sharing and rekindling my interest in this topic.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

My question is, Should I be locked up or are there others out there who have similar experiences?

Grow up.

Youre here. Make the best of it.

You came here to learn not whine about it.

sarc

[edit on 27-7-2008 by sarcastic]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I remember a few days after I was born. I had gotten sick and I was laying in this special crib thing with plastic and temperature regulators and crap all over it. I remember laying there, and just being like "Man, I hope I get out of this thing. What the Hell is this?"

I was definitely a human in my previous life. My mother says I used to describe surgical procedures to her and I could read medical dictionaries.
I remember really liking the medical dictionaries, but I don't recall actually reading them or describing surgical procedures!

I remember when I was two or three years old, walking around in the backyard, thinking to myself "Wow, I've been here for three years already. I can't wait until I'm five."

I also remember quite a few memories of people and houses and buildings that were never actually in my current life. Every time I remember the memories, I feel like I really miss them.

I can only assume we go on forever. I have also experienced some things consciously that has confirmed to me that we definitely go on for quite a while longer than just one life.

If this is true, which I can most assuredly say YES it is, then all of this fear mongering and allegiences to this or that ideal and insane material distraction is very very pointless... but maybe that's the point. To learn a point from the pointless.

I also wonder whether our incarnations are linear. If time and reality are as blossoming as I think they are, then they would bloom in all directions.
We may not be able to handle the whole truth without going "insane".

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

sounds like whatever you did in your past life... you really enjoyed. maybe almost to the point where when you died... you weren't ready to go. I dunno thats just what I'm getting from your post.

hopefully you can find that same passion in something in this life.

reply to post by Sarcastic:

Ouch. you gotta chill man... that was completely uncalled for. he probably threw that in there for sake of being flamed and called crazy... but he should have known that someone would find some way to use this comment against him.

get a life.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
When my middle daughter was 4 years old she told my wife that she remembered being in heaven with God and that she looked down on us and saw us as her family. She says she was sad because she had to wait a bit longer before she could be born into our family.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've read a lot of stories about individuals who are able to remember a life before birth. Unfortunately, I don't remember anything like that. My earliest memory was an odd one, though. I was sitting down at a table, reaching up for a mug of hot cocoa (it ended up being my favorite drink to this day, actually
) when I ended up tipping the mug and spilling it on myself. Thankfully it wasn't actually hot, but it scared my mom to death.
I remember her rushing over to me, just freaking out and getting me over to the tub as fast as she could. I just kept saying "I'm okay, I'm okay..." the entire time, trying to keep her from worrying.

When I told my mom I remembered that event like it happened yesterday, she was shocked because apparently I was only a baby when it happened (not a newborn or anything, but like less than a year). She didn't think people could actually remember that far back, mostly because she herself never remembered anything that happened at such a young age.

My guess is that some people have better memories than others when it comes to this type of thing. Some remember things that happened as babies, others when they were actually being born...it wouldn't surprise me at all if some people are able to remember a life before they were born as well.

Great topic! I'm always interested in reading this kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
makes perfect sense. In fact, Im sure if more people seriously pondered the thought more often, they might be surprised at what they can actually recall.
For me it seems natural only because of my belief system (gnostic hinduism).

Maybe the reason why you wanted not to have to come here was because of how close you got last time to not having to return. Perhaps you were upset that you would be forced to drink of the waters of forgetfulness and were worried you would forget why you had to come here.
Then again, perhaps this is your first return and you were not exactly sure why you even had to come the first time, so a second go around did not seem so awesome.
So the next thought I presume one may ponder is the reason and question of WHY. Well, I can only give opinion, and through analysis and reason, I purport that the purpose of this event (physical existence) is to understand. To make things a bit more simplified, perhaps one should start with understanding the nature of mind, then after one feels confident in such knowledge, perhaps the next pursuit is to seek to know the nature of the experience. If you do decide to seek such knowings, do not forget the great aspect of meditation, one can only go so far looking outwards in seeking answers.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Your story is very interesting. I don't think your'e crazy at all. I believe we all can remember being in the womb etc. Also I can remember a few things from when I was a 1 year old as if it were yesterday. So if I think that if I challenged myself I could possibly remember back even further than the age of 1.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thanks for all of the input.
I don't remember much but what I do remember doesn't go away with time. The videos I watched on page one were awe inspiring and made me want to weep. I was raised as a Baptist and this whole topic is not taked about in such circles. It was when I had my first out of body experience at age 16 that I started to question what I was being told.

As for now, I constantly preach to family and friends that death is the biggest lie ever put forth to the human race. There is no such thing as death. Only birth, wheather in this world or the next. There is only birth.
When you "die" in this world you are mearly being born in the next.
When you "die" in the other world you are mearly being born into this world. I am not afraid of death. I will resist it and try to avoid it, But I am not "afraid" of it because It is all an illusion. It is no different than your car breaking down on the side of the highway, stepping out, and getting another ride. It is really that simple. Anyways, thaks for the input, I am really enjoying everyones input. Sanity is being restored!!!!

[edit on 28-7-2008 by cbass]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack

Maybe the reason why you wanted not to have to come here was because of how close you got last time to not having to return.

That is very possible. I remember thinking thoughts of "I am done"
"I don't want to go back" It was so awsome where I was. I don't have any specific memories but I only remember not wanting to leave and NOT wanting to go "back".

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Holy snaps, there was one time where I passed out over some really strong marijuana. I had the craziest dreams and felt I was passed out for days or weeks.

Before I was shaken to wake up I had the image of two female beings (sisters) in my head. I was only able to tell they were female from the hair. I asked the people who woke me up "how long was I out for?", and they said "only a second". Only a second! I felt I was gone for days or weeks.

Its funny you mention two females as well. They must be gatekeepers or something.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
There is no such thing as death. Only birth, wheather in this world or the next. There is only birth.
When you "die" in this world you are mearly being born in the next.
When you "die" in the other world you are mearly being born into this world. I am not afraid of death. I will resist it and try to avoid it, But I am not "afraid" of it because It is all an illusion.

What you say here realy hits home for me, I have had this feeling since April 28,1978. If you wonder why that date. I was on a construction job and due to a co-workers mistake I was zapped with 18,000 volts, and yes I was dead for 4-5 minutes. It has had an impact on my life ever since.

Death is not to be feared, I'm not scared at all, if it's my time I,m ready. I have been to funerals of friends and family and feel sad that this person is gone but yet somehow I'm happy too, maybe it's the knowing of what waits for them.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayarea

When we mourn, we mourn not for the dead for they are in a better place.
But, it is when we reach for the fruits of their labor that they are truely missed.
Mourning is a VERY selfish act and should be done away with.
when we mourn, we mourn for ourselves and not for the dearly departed.
It is "we" who miss them and not "They" who miss us!!!!
We are not concerned about their well-being rather we are concerned about ours. How to deal with life in the absence of our loved one.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
its well known phenomenon that children, sometimes adults remember their past lives. i think its perfectly ok and its part of evolution. weird thing tho... i somehow never heard that someone would ever remember being in mother's womb so this smells fishy...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
well i dont remember what i had for dinner last night so u may just have a good memery

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join