It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you want disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
In nearly every UFO/aliens thread its full of people wishing and hoping for alien contact, or world disclosure but why?

I want to know what these people want. Are their lives so empty they need something to fill it? Do they think that their own personal problems will be solved? They seem obsessed with disclosure of some sort that it almost clouds their judgement.

So to everyone here, what do you hope to gain from the revelation of alien contact? Why do you think we would be better off for it? And what would you like to happen after disclosure?

If they came down and said "we're here" it would be pandemonium in my opinion and detrimental to our society, people are expecting way to much from this.

I seriously doubt they are the saviours that people are hoping for.....

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Because it would be the single most amazing discovery in the history of mankind for aliens to make themselves know to the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

what do you hope to gain from the revelation of alien contact?

A better understanding of ourselves and the universe, and that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and knowledge that we can make it without blowing ourselves up!

If they could do so can we.

what would you like to happen after disclosure?

Man the biggest block party you ever saw! Chicks, Booze, Music and a lot of freaky dancing

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeh ok... then what? It would be an amazing event. Then after a few months, if it gets accepted, what would happen then?

Is that all you want from it, an amazing discovery? What if you found out that they were at the same stage of evolution as us and simply stumbled across the means to travel at great distances at great speed by accident?

What if they have no answers to our greater questions?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Does there need to be anything else?

Seriously they are not our saviours but it would be nice to know for a fact that we are not alone. Hopefully by something of this magnitude mankind will realize that we should stop killing ourselves over stupid petty things like oil or what color your flag is etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
double post sorry mods

[edit on 27-7-2008 by halfmask]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would like disclosure to happen, because then with the revealing of alien life, I believe that it will make people open their minds to reality and unite our entire population together on a stronger level. Now we currently think we are the top and only compare ourselves to each other and create discrimination. If an alien race equal to or greater then use in technology and evolution will force use to raise our bar as a race and hopefully will lead to the betterment of human kind.

I also believe the disclosure would get use thinking outside our current box as a society. There are just way too many close minded people now a days and society as a whole seems to have a very small outlook on thinks in our world and the universe. Right now I figure that when the average person looks up they see a giant void and think nothing of it and don’t continue to look out at the universe to see what we could become. If aliens were proven then people will look up and see not a void and have a question and hopefully continue to look up.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So OP, you like to be lied to? Is that what you are saying?

Or you enjoy ignorance? Is that it?

I would think that anyone on a website with the motto "Deny Ignorance" would be interested in know the truth about the universe. But that is an assumption.

Vas

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Does there need to be anything else?

Seriously they are not our saviours but it would be nice to know for a fact that we are not alone. Hopefully by something of this magnitude mankind will realize that we should stop killing ourselves over stupid petty things like oil or what color your flag is etc.

I think you are being seriously naive if you think the worlds ills will be cured because of their emergence.

Will they stop the oil crisis? World hunger/poverty? Mans inhumanity to man?

Do you really believe that terrorists, rapists, murderers, or any evil bastard will stop what they're doing just because aliens arrive?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

The mere fact that im here shows that im not close minded.
And tell me when I said I enjoy being lied to. Which last time I looked, had absolutley nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

I think you are being seriously naive if you think the worlds ills will be cured because of their emergence.

Will they stop the oil crisis? World hunger/poverty? Mans inhumanity to man?

Do you really believe that terrorists, rapists, murderers, or any evil bastard will stop what they're doing just because aliens arrive?

LOL now who is being naive oil crises?
You really think we had one? I say profitering there buddy.

as far as the rapist and terrorist yadda yadda blah blah yakity yak

No it wont I was refering to the average joe on the street not the Jefrey Dalmers of the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Personally, I would like to see all religions of the land contradicted and destroyed.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I want disclosure because nothing is more beautiful than the truth.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So if aliens told you to stop smoking and drinking (if you do) and become a vegetarian would you?

I can't honestly see me changing my life just because they arrive. Nor should anyone else.

And im sorry but you are being naive if you think the conflicts of the world will cease because of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

What if you found out that they were at the same stage of evolution as us and simply stumbled across the means to travel at great distances at great speed by accident?

What if they have no answers to our greater questions?

Well at least they'd be able to give us that technology and let us get out there and maybe find those answers ourselves.

If they've come here then that means we can go there. Space, the final frontier and all that. That's it in a nutshell for me.

That and change. Disclosure by its very nature will force change. I think we need change right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
where is disclosure suppose to come from, and how would you expect disclosure to happen?? if it came from the government, would you believe it? Or would it just be more fodder for a larger conspiracy?? Why would anyone think that disclosure would happen anyhow??? According to everything Ive read and seen.. they have been visiting earth since the beginning of man,

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

And im sorry but you are being naive if you think the conflicts of the world will cease because of it.

I never said that
Sorry your reading something else or is the reason for this post just trolling for an arguement? I never understood why some people ask for other peoples opinions on a subject then attack what other people think.

I said

Hopefully by something of this magnitude mankind will realize that we should stop killing ourselves over stupid petty things like oil or what color your flag is etc.

I never said they will give us all the answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Yeh but your not explaining why though. You want truth and that's it?

So you'll be happy just for confirmation then?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Reasons for wanting disclosure:

1. All religions destroyed
2. All nations become borderless
3. Our true history revealed
4. Better technology
5. Space travel
6. Maybe our understanding of spirituality improved
7. End of all wars
8. Free energy
9. No more government (if possible?)
10. I would love to visit our planets, especially the moon Titan

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ive been here long enough to know that trolling is pointless. I'm simply disagreeing with your opinion that's all. Not berating you.

I personally don't agree with the general consensus that life will be better because of disclosure. I just wanted to know what other peoples hopes are if and when it happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join