It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 reasons to not vote for McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I just found this wonderful article. I really like it, and i think its fitting for this forum right now, amongst all of the 'non-issue' stuff.

Here's a few REAL reasons not to vote for McCain.

1: McCain-Lieberman Bill. Forecasts of global warming remain speculative at best and global warming alarmists themselves admit any feasible reductions in greenhouse gases would have very little effect on climate. This bill has a mandate to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 2000 levels by 2010. Charles Rivers Associates, in cooperation with the National Black Chamber of Commerce's United for Jobs project, analyzed the projected costs of this bill:

* It will cost the average U.S. household at least $600 per year by 2010, rising to at least $1,000 per year by 2020.
* It will cost the U.S. economy at least 39,000 jobs in 2010, and at least 190,000 jobs by 2020.
* It will force at least a 13% rise in electricity prices by 2010 and at least a 19% rise in electricity prices by 2020.
* It will force at least a 9% rise in gasoline prices by 2010 and at least a 14% rise in gasoline prices by 2020.

2: McCain-Kennedy Immigration Reform Bill. This bill would allow illegal aliens to stay in this country and sign up for a visa program by paying $1,500. This amounts to amnesty that undercuts the rule of law by rewarding those who have acted wrongly and it will only encourage further illegal entry. Elect McCain president and you will see this piece of mishigoss in your face again with anyone disagreeing with it being accused of being "un-American". Imagine that.

3: McCain-Feingold Bill. This piece of work is supposed to combat corruption, or the appearance thereof , in the political process. But by restricting the quantity and regulating the content and timing of political speech, the law serves incumbents, who are better known than most challengers, more able to raise money and uniquely able to use aspects of their offices--franked mail, legislative initiatives, C-SPAN, news conferences--for self-promotion. Pretty nice for two incumbent senators to cook up.

4: McCain was close to leaving the Republican Party in 2001, weeks before then-Sen. Jim Jeffords (Vt.) famously announced his decision to become an Independent, according to former Democratic lawmakers who say they were involved in the discussions.

In interviews with The Hill this month, former Sen. Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) and ex-Rep. Tom Downey (D-N.Y.) said there were nearly two months of talks with the maverick lawmaker following an approach by John Weaver, McCain’s chief political strategist.

Democrats had contacted Jeffords and then-Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-R.I.) in the early months of 2001 about switching parties, but in McCain’s case, they said, it was McCain’s top strategist who came to them

Source of information

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Good reasons.

But sorry, this is way too funny to pass up.
I must use big font for extra political silliness.

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
1: McCain-Lieberman Bill. Forecasts of global warming remain speculative at best and global warming alarmists themselves admit any feasible reductions in greenhouse gases would have very little effect on climate. This bill has a mandate to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 2000 levels by 2010. Charles Rivers Associates, in cooperation with the National Black Chamber of Commerce's United for Jobs project, analyzed the projected costs of this bill:

* It will cost the average U.S. household at least $600 per year by 2010, rising to at least $1,000 per year by 2020.
* It will cost the U.S. economy at least 39,000 jobs in 2010, and at least 190,000 jobs by 2020.
* It will force at least a 13% rise in electricity prices by 2010 and at least a 19% rise in electricity prices by 2020.
* It will force at least a 9% rise in gasoline prices by 2010 and at least a 14% rise in gasoline prices by 2020.

Barack Obama was a Co-Sponsor of both the 2005 Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act and the 2007 Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act.

This is his Obama's bill as much as McCain's.

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
2: McCain-Kennedy Immigration Reform Bill. This bill would allow illegal aliens to stay in this country and sign up for a visa program by paying $1,500. This amounts to amnesty that undercuts the rule of law by rewarding those who have acted wrongly and it will only encourage further illegal entry. Elect McCain president and you will see this piece of mishigoss in your face again with anyone disagreeing with it being accused of being "un-American". Imagine that.

Barack Obama was a Co-Sponsor of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act.

This is his Obama's bill as much as McCain's.

Obama wasn't a Senator yet when McCain-Feingold was enacted. Darn.

And #4 only matters if you like Republicans. Though I think it's a more than valid reason for him not to get the Republican nomination.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

That's a good list, but what about McCain's charming personality? He has the personality of a fried lobster.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

That's a good list, but what about McCain's charming personality? He has the personality of a fried lobster.

Ya, when Mccain hits the stage in his Hoover-round scooter you know it!

I HEARD he once sling shot his spent diaper at the liberal section of the press core...???

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

LOL and you think Obama's proposed programs won't raise your taxes either? How about adding socialized medicine to McCain's list, and raising taxes on everyone to pay for it? LMFAO let's face it, when faced with two piles of crapola to vote for it's hard for me to read any of these threads bashing either one without spraying out my beer or iced tea....

You're living in a dreamworld if you think that either one of these jacka$$es is better then the other one, if you think that either one is going to get us out of Iraq, going to get us "green," going to get us off the Middle East Oil "tit", going to do anything for this country, besides running up the national debt, our taxes, and doing anything to curb immigration, you're living in a HUGE slab of DENIAL.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It seems to me that there can be little doubt that far fewer people can still be in support of McCain realative to Obama. Therefore the poles are lying to make the election look close.

Why would they do that?

So they can once more rig the election under the guise of a mere shred of credability.

Unless Obama has a powerhouse anti vote-fraud machine standing in the wings, McCain will be handed the election despite his unelectablity.

How did he get the nomination anyway? Do they rig everything?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

The polls are lying? That's hilarious...where's the proof?

What the polls are showing...is what the last two elections have shown, that there's a very close race between conservatives and liberals. That when it comes down to it, America sticks to it's party lines...that even though you can win the popular vote, as the last two elections have shown, you won't be president.

I am old enough to remember when I used to have a hard choice between the Democratic nominee and the Republican nominee, as I am an Independent, a "swing voter" if you will. I used to have to actually study their platforms etc...the last 3 elections? It was strictly a choosing of which crook would do the least amount of damage to my country and my wallet. It's pathetic at best.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I find it really hard to believe that while McCain spent last week shooting himself in the foot and looking jealous.

And while Obama was looking Presidential and taking his place among world leaders, demonstrating the ability to regain the respect of the world for America.

That while that was going on, McCain rose in the polls and Obama dropped.
Somethings are hard to believe. This is impossible.

Indeed you are correct when you say "What Polls?" What polls indeed. I have only the word of biased media that there were any polls. And even if there were, they were shams.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Nice choices . UN gun controls loss of your 2nd amendment with Obama

or a brain dead senile old coot who thinks its a good i dea to leave the border wide open and more than likely forced NAU merger and loss of all of the constitution

Only the blind deaf and the dumb left voting for those 2 parties this year !

I would vote to round them up and execute the lot of them for treason

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Get it on the ballot, and I will vote for it too!

Obama makes me nervous, because he is so much a construct. I have seen politicians where you could not see past the persona they portray.
But Obama appears to be completely natural within his persona.
He plays at a higher level, for better or worse I cannot see. We would either get relief with Obama or sink more quickly to the end of the American dream. With McCain I see that end as a certainty.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Those are good reasons not to vote for him, alright. There's just one slight problem: if you don't like those stances, the other guy is hardly an improvement. Obama supports a similar cap-and-trade carbon tax proposal as McCain. He also wants to spend tens of billions of dollars yearly pushing 'green jobs' as his website details. Immigration? He's pretty much open borders and supports giving licenses to illegals. And I might be willing to believe that he accepted true campaign finance reform, if it wasn't for the fact that he did a 180 a month ago and passed on public funding because he knew that if he did, he could probably outspend McCain 3 to 1 this fall. Do as I say, not as I do, apparently.

So tell me, if I don't like that stuff, why would I choose the other guy that we know you support? He's not any better. In fact, unlike McCain, he'll have to kow-tow to his party, which is beholden to both the radical environmental movement AND the wrong side of the illegal immigration issue.

This isn't a defense of McCain on this, mind you. I despise his positions on these issues. I'm just trying to see a realistic alternative for someone who largely agrees with the rest of his platform. Obama certainly isn't it and I'm not flushing my vote on a 3rd party candidate, especially when I have my own disagreements with them.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by vor78]

new topics

top topics

join