It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist bombers target Olympics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Islamist bombers target Olympics

www.timesonline.co.uk

A MILITANT Islamic group has threatened to attack the Beijing Olympics with suicide bombers and biological weapons and has claimed responsibility for a string of fatal bombings and explosions in China over recent weeks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I initially had my doubts about radical islam being able to infiltrate into China but I guess they have if this is accurate.

Looks like this might be a memorable Olympics and not in a good way.

Just another reason why radical islam must be terminated.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT to insert additional interesting snippets from the article:

a bearded man identified as “Commander Seyfullah” is seen reading a declaration of jihad against the Olympics and warns athletes and spectators, “especially Muslims”, to stay away.

And

in an earlier five-page communiqué the group had promised to unleash suicide bombers against the Olympics and told Muslims that the use of biological weapons would be religiously justified.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
wow I love fundamentalists and their well 'exaggerated' views. I can't understand why killing thousands of people will make them a better person in the eyes of their god.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

About a month ago, I made a "prediction thread" about this happening...(it got moved to BTS though).

I wonder though, who do we think is funding these MILITANT terrorists?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I wonder though, who do we think is funding these MILITANT terrorists?

That is a good question. I have no idea but I could think of a few possibilities however it would be pure speculation at this point.

How about yourself? Any ideas regarding who is funding them?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

well, what's a major world event w/out "a terrorist threat." Had there not been one, it would have been like missing out on the throwing candy portion of a parade. *whew* I was getting worried we'd get through this w/out a little fear and paranoia.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I guess it all depends on what the bombing happens to accomplish. If it somehow is used as a catalyst to start a war with Iran for example..... well, it would be awefully convenient.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Honestly, this is something I'd expect in a war on terror. The Olympics are an international affair, with many dignitaries and tourists from all over. Its an obvious target of course (how much have we heard about China stepping up its police and military efforts as of late?), but for fundamental Islamic terrorists it doesn't get much better. You are attacking a nation of infidels who believe in no god even, there are muslims in the western part of China under repression, and with it being such a big deal, it has the added effect of being televised and covered throughout the world. Hit the Olympics at any level, and you have something to talk about for a few more years.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I was getting worried we'd get through this w/out a little fear and paranoia.

It's more than just paranoia since a radical islamic group has taken responsibility for the recent bombings and explosions in China.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here is another snippet from the article which I find interesting because they are actually declaring jihad against the Olympics.

a bearded man identified as “Commander Seyfullah” is seen reading a declaration of jihad against the Olympics and warns athletes and spectators, “especially Muslims”, to stay away.

Who are they going to bomb if they want the athletes and spectators to stay away?
Who is left to bomb? I would guess that he is only really warning Muslims to stay away.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I initially had my doubts about radical islam being able to infiltrate into China but I guess they have if this is accurate.

It was issued by a group calling itself the Turkestan Islamic party. The group may be allied with the East Turkestan Islamic Movement – designated a terrorist organisation by the US, China and several other countries – which seeks independence for the Muslim Uighur people of China’s far west province of Xinjiang, which Uighur separatists call East Turkestan.

After this invasion, East Turkestan was renamed "Xinjiang" or "Sinkiang", which means "New Dominion" or "New Territory", and it was annexed by the Manchu empire on November 18, 1884.
- Rough overview on Uighur Peoples

The Uighurs are "Islamic Tibetans", for want of a rough comparison:
Both groups have their homelands controlled by the majority-Han Chinese government, and both groups seek independance from China - though Tibet has the "stronger" case for independance.

As much as I'd like to chalk this down to "radical Islam", I don't believe "radical Islam" is really the driving force behind these attacks:
I believe that these attacks are largely due to ethnic-separatist intentions - the use of Islam and the "declaration of a Jihad on the Olympics" are merely hiding their seperatist intentions under the aegis of Islam, and hence garner as much radical Islamic support as possible.

And as other ATS members have mentioned - what better way to advance your cause than attack the Olympics the government you loathe is hosting?

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Chaoticar]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
And as other ATS members have mentioned - what better way to advance your cause than attack the Olympics the government you loathe is hosting?

Well, if this is true then they will not gain any support IF they start killing innocent athletes and spectators from various nations who are attending the olympics. I will only harden people's resolve to stop them and it will only reinforce beliefs that they are a radical islamic terrorist group.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here is another interesting snippet from the article:

in an earlier five-page communiqué the group had promised to unleash suicide bombers against the Olympics and told Muslims that the use of biological weapons would be religiously justified.

Hmmm......biological weapons would be religiously justified!!!
Wow, that makes me all fuzzy and warm inside.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Yes, isn't organized religion wonderful? At least no one ever alters it for their own sick purposes.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think it is one of the greatest egnima's to humankind that it is not learned by all yet, violence begets violence. How can death in the name of religion make anyone better in the eyes of God? I really hope nothing like this happens during the Olympics, but I have had some dreams in the last 8 months that make me think something will happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good I hope they do. Then China's million man army can invade pakistan and kill every last one of those nuts.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yip,ive been wondering if anything is going to go down now that the olympics is so close....but the chinese have also probably been expecting it....I can see china doing everything in their power to stop any terrorist attack,the olympics is going to be a big day for their nation...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I always get highly suspicious of these "Islamic Fundamentalist" or "Jihadi" websites calling for death and destruction against the infidels and making threats against large events. I mean, why give a heads-up to the world that you are going to target an event, thus making it harder to actually do so due to the additional and tighter security that results?
It just doesn't add up, unless of course the websites, and those on them making the threats, are linked to government agencies pushing an agenda. Get the name of the perps / group fresh in everyones minds before the event so the finger of guilt for any attack is swiftly pointed towards the already identified enemy. Simple really!

Go carry out the attacks THEN claim responsibility, it would have a bigger impact than doing something that everyone was expecting anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

2 million actually and that would be so great

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
These bloody fundamentalists, trying to ruin everybody's enjoyment.

Who exactly made these miserable bastards hate the olympics in the first place? How on earth can you put a jihad on a sport?

Surely they've taken the 'fun' from fundamentalism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join