It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Audacity of Hype"- The Obama "Facts" Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hey ATS!!!
Right now we have an election featuring one of the most charismatic candidates we have seen since R. Reagan!

Exciting, isn't it!

(except he's not a Reagan...)

So with my being an older college student, and a veteran to boot, I felt that I should do what I can to help our young friends see the truth in this election cycle. After all, they have been called on the carpet, so to speak, and I have to deal ALL DAY with Obamiacs who are spreading their version of the "truth".

Problem is, I can't carry a file folder around with me to cite all of my sources..
And I figured that MANY of us might be having the same problems..

You see, I know that some of those that see the real Obama for what he is, and has done, have come onto these boards and tried to preach the FACTS.

This doesn't go over very well. As a matter of fact, they tend to turn into massage circles. The only threads that get attention are those that hit below the belt...

Yes, I agree that his terrorist connections, fund raising, Bildeberg connections, Reverend Wright issues, (even Oprah had the sense to leave a long time ago from that church), his faux birth certificate, atc.... Have A LOT to do with his character.

Problem is, the standard response is "Bush, Mcsame, Blah, blah, bleh..."

And I can't whip out the I-phone and go to any one thread, as the info is scattered and difficult to find and verify sources... And I'm not the best at tracking down all my sources and holding them in one place..

We can do better than this!!!

There is SOOOO much truth without conjecture... And I want to get it all in the same thread....

Please make an addition, give me the ammo I need to back the arguments we all agree are factual and relay the truth about this man...
I have written my share of ignored threads, so bring yours here as well..

Oh, and any of those hooked on hype? Go ahead, start your own anti-Mccain or pro-Obama thread, Unless you are actually going to argue a real FACT. (I know you groupies will have a thread four times this size)

Hell, I would love to see your sources, as long as the argument is not about Bush or Mccain. This is about Obama...

(FYI this new resolve I have, as I was avoiding this forum for blood pressure reasons, was this thread... OBAMA can't be bothered with soldiers )

[edit on 26-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was planning on doing something similar to this in the next couple of days that would essentially be a 'Why I'm not voting for Obama' thread. The only problem is that it would largely be based on the proposals put forth on his website and its going to take forever, assuming it even gets done. Plus, finding past articles, in particular, is a pain because there's just so much media coverage on Obama that its hard to find specifically what you're looking for if its more than a few days old. Honestly, I'm not sure I even want to screw with it, but then again, it might help us all understand each sides' legitimate concerns.

That said...I won't leave you empty handed. I'll contribute the following video, widely circulated already, but where Obama lists his (IMO dangerous) plans to reduce investment in missile defense and future combat systems, as well as to sharply reduce our nuclear deterrent.

Video

I may (or may not) dig up a few more articles from time to time. Mainly just too lazy, but this thread IS a good idea, IMO.

EDIT: Here is a little more detailing his stances on abortion and on gun control. I oppose his position on both.

Obama Record May Be Gold Mine For Critics

More on his Gun Control Stance from the Gun Owners of America.

Article

That latter link does have some bias, but it also cites its work, so readers, you can do your own homework. I believe it to be accurate.

Next up, a quick primer on the Obama-Rezko connection. If memory serves, there's more out there than just what is discussed in this article. On a side note, I don't think the Chicago media likes him much. Could be wrong about that.

8 Things you need to know about Obama and Rezko

]

[edit on 26-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The following article is pretty much a must-read on the condition of the housing policy Obama put forth. I read about half of it when it came out and then got caught up in something else and forgot about it, but its really, really eye-opening, this one. I plan to read it fully in the next day or two.

Grim Proving Ground for Obama's Housing Project

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
At this point, I honestly don't care anymore. I am curious though, what is your goal here? Are you hoping to expose Obama to ensure a McCain victory?

Do you really feel that he is the right choice for the country?

Like I said, I don't think that either is a very good candidate. Because of that, I don't understand why people get so worked up about slamming Obama.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well, for my part, I look through these threads and time after time, I see Obama's supporters asking 'How could you not support him?' That's the reason I had planned to start a similar thread, listing factual examples of why I do not. This particular thread isn't exactly the same, but does provide a place where, collectively, the case can be laid out.

We've heard all of the glowing reviews. Now maybe its time for the other side of the story, and there's an extensive one, based in nothing but factual articles with minimal commentary of our own.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

honestly?

Because I was suckered into voting and donating to this man as I was in fear of another Clinton Whitehouse.
I actually believe that she was more of the same.

But I soon learned, Obama was not who he said he was. I'm still hoping Mccain somehow loses at the convention to Ron Paul.
That said, it bothers Me to see people vote blind.

He is more of the same, but worse for lying about it all the time.
My goal is to expose FACTS!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

OK, thanks for following up. I can understand that.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Thank you for you addition!
Feel free to start that thread, I will support it.
When I am off this I-phone, I will read that article you cited.

( seriously, blogging from a fricking phone! I didn't own a computer a year ago!)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I may do it, simply as a confirmation to myself that this candidate is the wrong choice. But I want to do it right, if at all.

As for this thread, I think it would be a good thing if Obama's supporters did a very similar thread listing the good side, even though the media has told us about it 157 times...today. Seriously, though, a good fact-finding mission from reputable sources on both candidates and from all angles would probably be a very good project around here and might help quell the partisan bickering if we actually knew specifically WHY people are for or against these candidates. At the very least, it would serve as an excellent repository of information on this election.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by vor78]

top topics

join