It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I get a PS3?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey guys my birthday is coming up on July 28th, and I was talking with my dad about a potential gift from him. The only thing I could think of, at the time, was speakers for my car. I have an Xbox 360, and love it, but it's also in the shop because it crapped out on me (3rd one in 2 years). So I am thinking about maybe getting a PS3. The cost would be about the same for speakers and the PS3 so that's certainly a plus, but I was wondering if it is a decent system. There seem to be some pretty great games for it now, as well as coming out pretty soon, and you get the Blue-Ray player with it along with the dependability that Sony is known for (unlike Microsoft).

So basically, any feedback you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Droops

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm about to buy speakers for my car so I say go for the speakers.

Really though, pick whichever one you think you'll get the most use out of.

But just imagine how sweet a new pair of car speakers would be when you're cruising around with the ladies.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrOOpieS

Third X-Box 360 in 2 years?

WTH are you doing to it?

You do know you're supposed to play the game with the controllers, not throw the whole game console like a Wii controller, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
get the speakers. This is coming from a ps3 owner himself. I reckon you will get more use out of the speakers.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the xbox 360 is cool, I also think some rockfosgates would be cool.

More gaming or more djing?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I'm about to buy speakers for my car so I say go for the speakers.

Really though, pick whichever one you think you'll get the most use out of.

But just imagine how sweet a new pair of car speakers would be when you're cruising around with the ladies.
i dont care what kind of music you listen to, i remember my system and it was the coolest crap in the world. Now I am not a big fan of hip hop, but when you have a sweet system its like the bass just talks to you. I would listen to nothing but techno though

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i love my PS3

Go get it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
still playing within some other game machines with the ps2
but I highly recomennd the WII by nintendo
we got it since xmas2006 and i STILL love it
really much pleasure
my son loves it and i by myself

these days we are very fond of the mario races and i am going to buy this fitness equipment which you can get for the wii

also a lot of fun when you have guests

just a suggestion!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

ps3 looks asome on a HD tv
graphics is cool

go for ps3
i have both PS360

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I also love my PS3, but I'm an older guy and I also use the Blue ray DVD player a lot. GTA series and Hot Shots Golf take up a lot of my time.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'm leaning more towards the PS3 now.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Third X-Box 360 in 2 years?

WTH are you doing to it?

You do know you're supposed to play the game with the controllers, not throw the whole game console like a Wii controller, right?

Well, NOW I know. But honestly, it really pisses me off that this happened again. I keep it well ventilated, got the inter-cooler fan for it and this still happens. I know plenty of people that treat their 360 like crap and it works like a champ. Oh well, gives me a good excuse to get a PS3 and get MGS4 and Resistance.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If you're into watching DVDs I would definitely recommend the PS3, it truly is outstanding whether you watch a bluray or regular DVD. The games library is also improving dramatically this fall. I'd pick the PS3 over anything else mentioned here.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

dont get resistance fall of Man
i got that with my first ps3 and almost smashed the console
game sucks

MGS4 on the other Hand rocks

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Thanks for the heads up. What would you recommend? I like FPS's, but Uncharted looks pretty sweet too. I'm into pretty much all games. Unfortunately, I'm not up to par on what games the PS3 has exclusively.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

assasins cread
you will love it, gameplay and the way you have to get to an objective and how you kill your target

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I had AC on the 360. It was really enjoyable for the first half, then I kind of got bored with it. I've had it since last Christmas and got rid of it at Gamestop about 2 weeks ago. I would probably get it again for the PS3 because the graphics would most likely be much much better.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I liked assassins creed also, It has just been discounted and you can find it for 20-25 $$$ on several online vendors. My local used VIDEO game dealer has it ro less than 20. Well worth it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Any of you have "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune"? That game looks pretty slick, and I really enjoy adventure/fps style games. Also, GT 5 looks amazing. When I had my PS2 I played that game everyday for the longest time. Are there any flying games for the PS3? I had Ace Combat 6 for the 360 and loved that game.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

the rendering on GT is serxy (yes i know its a game) but those cars
they are so pretty

top topics

<<   2 >>

join