It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama the Antichrist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Does anyone think Obama is the Antichrist... or an Antichrist? If so, why? Can any of you give any compelling argument to suggest he's not. I would like to see everyone dig deep on this one...

Also, do you think it's possible that the Bush administration's actions over the last eight years have been intended to pave the road for a candidate like Obama?... with McCain as the other choice, do you feel cornered?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No.

He may be loved by the world, but he's struggling to break out of the mid 40% range back home.

Now, my opinion could change if, against all odds, he wins in a true landslide this fall, but I don't expect that to happen. In fact, if he does win, I think its more likely that people will turn on him *very* quickly as he proves incapable of meeting the enormous hype and expectations that are being placed upon him during the course of this campaign. There's no way he can ever live up to it.

As for Bush and his influence, yeah, I do feel that Bush's policies and the fact that he has angered so many have contributed greatly to Obama's popularity. People want something, anything that is a change from that. Anytime you have a certain segment of the populace that becomes that desperate for whatever reason, as we're seeing now, politicians who promise the moon and stars can gain a cult-like following such as he has. That doesn't mean that he's anything more than a guy with a bunch of star-struck followers, however.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I think you might be on to something... what if blacks riot if he's not elected. Also, the CNN special (Black in America)... do you think that has anything to do with getting the population to jump on the Obama band wagon?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueHusslin

Good thread.
I was talking to my father the other day and Obama was on the TV and I said to my dad, "I think that Obama is the Anti-Christ". He said that he very well could be. After that I thought about doing some research on the matter and posting a new thread but had no time.

I would think he is just because he is always talking about changing the world, wanting to get rid of all the Nuke's, (Not that, that would be a bad idea, just unrealistic), and his ideas of big government. We have seen him change his stance on domestic spying and many others.It should also be noticed that he is of middle eastern decent and the Bible calls him the "assyrian", meaning he comes from Syria or the ME somewhere. Also, what better country to be president of to make this happen? He is also very good at speaking and bringing together large groups of people from very different backgrounds. This skill is required by the antichrist. I am no expert on this so correct me if I am wrong.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

I'm no expert on the matter either bro... But I agree with your post entirely, I posted this thread to just bring up the subject in a realistic way... by having people discuss the subject and as group, hopefully we can all gain some knowledge from each other. I'm looking forward to what others will bring to the table on this thread.

Good luck everyone, lets dig deep on this subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't think hes "the anti Christ", but the way people blindly flock to him worries me.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To many physical believes that believe in the literal truth of the bible, Obama does meet some requirements:

"authority over every tribe, people, language and nation"..

Obama has a really good voice and an amazing speech writer that can change millions.

He has also come from many backgrounds, and if elected president, have precedent over all of the above..

....'The anti-Christ must reign over the entire world (not excerpt, summary"....

America, debatable has much power over the world, so it could meet this requirement.

There are some other clues eluding to him, but are very subtle..

But now to share my opinion on it.. It is that there is actually no physical anti-Christ. I believe that Revelation is meant to be a personal struggle with God. A battle between ourselves in God to whether we love him or believe in Him. Everyone must have this struggle.

I believe that the kingdom of heaven exists outside space and time, where Jugment Day will be the day we will die. I have based by teachings upon the church, and my own personal struggles and experiences.

My two cents

~~truth_seeker3

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

I hear ya, great post... I hope your take on the subject holds some truth to it, it would be a better situation for everyone.

I would like to hear some more of your thoughts on this...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why is he the Antichrist? Because he's a good speaker? Because he has charisma? Because his heritage is, for someone running for the presidency, untraditional? Have we as a society sunk to such a point that when we see someone with the qualities of Obama, our first thought is that they are the Antichrist?

I assure you that none of us will be able to recognize the Antichrist. Nor will any of us know when he (or she) is coming. Mortals aren't granted that power.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Sure, not ONE person of the SIX BILLION PLUS on this planet will suspect a person of being the antichrist and be right.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

He may not be THE Antichrist mentioned in the bible, there have been a few labeled Antichrists in this century... Hitler, Stalin, Mao, that one dude from Africa. Forgive me I can't remember his name off hand, but my point is, is that "Antichrist" can be a broad label... more like Tyrant is a better word, maybe. Some say Abraham Lincoln was a Tyrant...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueHusslin

I understand that antichirst is a broad term today and many have been referred to as such. But the post I was replying to seemed to apply it to the Bible and todays day and age.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well Obama is loved by many many people, but I'm not one to make predictions when it comes to Armageddon. It is just as possible that over the next few months Obama's popularity will evaporate and he'll lose the election. Or he might win and see his popularity fall afterwards. Or he might remain popular, win a second term, and then continue his political career without bringing about the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
[the Biblical antichrist] has to "fool even the very elect"
[the Biblical antichrist] has to convince Jews he is their Messiah

He has to have a Jewish mother to be technically a Jew

That lets Obama out unless his mom comes out with proof that she is Jewish!
Otherwise Obama could fit because:

[the Biblical antichrist] has to claim to be a Christian in order to fool them.
-Obama has done that.
[the Biblical antichrist] has to be able to deal with Muslims as if he were one of them.
-Obama was raised Muslim until his teens, so he can do that.

[the Biblical antichrist] has to have an ability to sway crowds like Hitler had.
-Obama's speaking ability reminds meany people of Hitler's mesmerizing speaking ability.

Antichrist no!
Politician who will say and do anything to get elected?
yes
Obama and McCain both

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thank You for that post. I like the reality check on that. I was just putting it out there that he fits a X amount for being the anti-Christ.

But saying in my previous post about it, the Anti-Christ may not physical exist.

God has many ways of telling us things. He tells us things not through direct word or action most of the time, but through fables, metaphors, or stories to teach us.

He uses these so we for ourselves can make the decision whether to follow him or not.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good Thread you've got going here OP. I too have thought the Obama maybe the next antichirst. He does have a sliver touge thats for sure. His econ ideals are very pro one world gov, and many people blindly love him because he has spewd that he can change the country. Which he could (however i doubt it) it would probly suck...alot and the country would get even more broke in the sense that everyone have health insurence and whatnot. I dont like the fact that he hasn't voted on anything in congress. To me it seems like he is just trying to get as much power as he can so he can take over compelety... If that happens ill grab my gun and sit on the prouch and shot any "Obama Zombie" who trys to take my land and gun away from me. I dont need anymore taxes either.

So yeah IMO Obama could be and probly is the next antichirst. I just dont trust the little lier.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hypothetically speaking, because early I have stated my views,

Obama could possibly not be the Anti-Christ because it seems like a NWO thing going down here. There could be someone minipulating Obama at a higher level to control the events.

Someone who would be able not to claim responsiblity if their plans fail, someone who could slip under the radar....

Just thrown that out there... reminds me of Dan Brown and Angels and Demons..

new topics

top topics

join