It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I recommend doing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
We should make it possible to link directly to the newest post when clicking on a selected post from the New Posts block on the side of the main page. This would eliminate all of the skipping through pages, and help people to respond quicker and more efficiently.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Any opinions? Anyone? Anybody? Someone? Admin? Moderators? No one? Sniff...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
yeah I think that it would be very helpful if you could click on the arrows at the end of this bit 1 2 >>
and get taken to the last post instead of just the last page, and if it could be diplayed on the recents posts page.
mind you it's all very well suggesting it , but I'm not the one that would have to spend the time making it happen. Would it be a hard thing to do?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure there are plenty of computer gurus on the admin board.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It displays the additional pages that will atleast take you to the most recent page. Then all that is needed is to find the bottom of that page. If scrolling is too slow the 'Pg-Up' and 'Pg-Dn' on the keyboard work well instead. A mouse with a middle (3rd) button or a wheel also make it easier.

I see your point though, and I've thought of it myself now and then. One draw back is that people often just skip to the end and post something without even reading what has been posted already. This leads to repeated ideas and/or missed information too. Usually leading to a topic becoming a complete mess as well. The idea is to join together with research and input on these topics, not just slap down your opinion with disregard to what others have said. (I'm not saying you do this, I'm just giving an example BTW)

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Try the recent posts feature, maybe?

The one that sits inbetween tutorial and blogs...

seekerof

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even see it there!

Uh, between me and you... Maybe we could delete this thread so that no one observes my stupidity?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Try the recent posts feature, maybe?

The one that sits inbetween tutorial and blogs...

seekerof

Yeah, I will admit it took me three weeks to see that feature. Way better than the New Posts on the left of the page.
But, it is a great feature I've not seen on other forums.
BTW, Seeker of, I must tell you and the others who run this place, this is one awsome forum in terms of features and navigation! Kudos!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
OK, how about this. An automatic update on the recent posts page, so that users don't have to refresh?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You want maid service with that too?

Dude....just hit the refresh button...doesn't take take but one brief moment of your life.

Besides, every time that you look at a thread and return to the main page, it refreshes/updates automatically.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
OK, how about this. An automatic update on the recent posts page, so that users don't have to refresh?

Mr. M

That is actually a built in feature in other browsers or may be found in certain browser add-ons or plug-ins or something.

Instead of using IE I use MYIE2. It's just like explorer, but with multiple windows using tabs, built in Popup blockers, ad blockers, etc. More options and stuff. I can click one individual tabs and set an Auto-Refresh Time of my choosing as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
That is correct and thanks for mentioning that mOjOm.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Really? Maid Service?
I didn't know you had that option on here.
Umm, I'd like a cappucino, with 1 gram of sugar, 2 grams of cinnamon, 1 teaspon of vanilla extract, and uhhh..... a cigarette. Preferably menthol. Thank you.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
That is correct and thanks for mentioning that mOjOm.

seekerof

My pleasure Seekerof.

This seems to be the most active topic at the moment so I thought I'd jump in.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Really? Maid Service?
I didn't know you had that option on here.
Umm, I'd like a cappucino, with 1 gram of sugar, 2 grams of cinnamon, 1 teaspon of vanilla extract, and uhhh..... a cigarette. Preferably menthol. Thank you.

Mr. M

Well, keep dreamin buddy. We aren't quite up to speed with Star Trek Replicators and such. The best you'll get as far as cappucino or coffee is a JAVA plug-in, and it won't be with sugar, vanilla, or anything else. Cig., not likely either. Computers don't like smoke or fire, either in Menthol or Regular.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I know what would make life easier , and thats having a page down button in the same way that there are the page up arrows at the bottom of a page.
I know I know I'm about to get a load of abuse for suggesting it , too lazy to scroll and all that , I can hear it all already, I just think that it would make it easier when reading threads that have really long posts in it such as DeusEX'S ATS story, and anything that lilblam has posted (does he hold the title for longests posts)
I know someone suggested page up and down buttons on the keyboard, but my keyboard is under my desk most of the time and I just use my mouse.
ummmm ok I'll shut up now

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well, keep dreamin buddy. We aren't quite up to speed with Star Trek Replicators and such. The best you'll get as far as cappucino or coffee is a JAVA plug-in, and it won't be with sugar, vanilla, or anything else. Cig., not likely either. Computers don't like smoke or fire, either in Menthol or Regular.

Aaawww man! MOMMY!!!!! ATS won't give me what I want!!!! Bbbbllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhhh... sorry about that.

Mr. M

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You should be grateful - If Micro$oft were running replicators you'd ask for a Cappucino and get a blue screen of death and a fizzy beef drink with a hershey bar sticking out of it

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Using the recent post function still doesn't take you to the most recent post of a string. It could be more accurately called 'recent threads' or 'recent strings'

I don't think a function allowing users to go to the last post on a thread is the best idea because sometimes the last post on a string is far from the original thread topic.

But sometimes I too would like to go directly to the last post.

DC

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
When you go to the recent posts don't click on the thread name. Click on the name of the last poster on the right end of the thread information, it will take you to the last post.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join