It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Wins $150,000 in Lawsuit Over Being Dumped by Fiancé

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Woman Wins $150,000 in Lawsuit Over Being Dumped by Fiancé

www.wowowow.com

Love ‘em and leave ‘em? Then you better be ready to pay ‘em.

That’s the verdict a jury in Hall County, GA, handed down, giving RoseMary Shell an award of $150,000 after she sued her former fiancé for canceling their wedding.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Can you believe this crap!!!

I'm sorry, I don't think that I can go through with this marriage. BAMM!! Lawsuit!!!

Upon reading the entire article, yes, she gave up some things to make this engagement work, but she made those choices freely, for God's sake!!!!

Can't believe this lawsuit wasn't tossed as frivolous and money mongering.
This verdict just gave all of the blood sucking laywers more clients for the future. I mean who's a better client than a hurt, scorned woman who wants to rip the balls off of the man she thought she was giong to marry??

It's called LIFE sweetheart, get over it and get on with your life.

$150,000??

Simply unbelievable.

www.wowowow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ridiculous. Aren't people allowed to change their minds anymore?, would she of preferred him to marry her with doubts?, only to have to go through all the trouble of a divorce somewhere down the line?.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That weasel lawyer actually wants this to start a precedent for this type of case. The guy paid off thousands of dollars of her debt, then he found out she had more, that is ridiculous. She even got to keep the ring, disgusting. Didn't woman fight for equality in this country then they pull this crap.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
wow

i'm SOOO glad this is the kind of world i get to grow up in

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think the only way this would've been ok is if she had already paid for expenses for the actual wedding and has borrowed him money that he never paid back. Obviously though that wasn't the case. I wonder if he provided proof to the judge of paying $30,000 of her debt? See people...you gotta keep those check duplicates!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I like being Gay more and more....no hormonal women.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Wow! Wonder how much I could get from my ex wife for the divorce!
I mean cmon, this just opened up a whole huge can of worms in America.

Looks like she got what she was after in the relationship anyway. So it's a win win for her.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Frank, men are hormonal too. You should meet my fiance!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I know im going to get flamed for this:

Despite thousands of cases like this (before, during, and after marriage) where the woman pretty much wins by default

there are a lot of women still crying for equal rights.

Damn right equal rights. And stories like this are proof that in some instances, women need to be brought down to an equal level.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I do know women who have lost custody cases and have been ordered to pay alimony. Unfortunatly family court is rarely fair, it's all about who has the better lawyer.

But I have no problems with women losing custody cases if the father is truly the better parent, however I disagree with the idea of alimony completly.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree about Alimony based on the grounds of divorce. If the man got caught committing adultery, he should have to pay for it for the rest of his natural, scum infested life.

Same goes for the woman.

From things i've been reading on, it seems as if California of all places, is showing increases in women actually paying alimony.

No doubt this has to do with female models, actresses, etc.

ANYWAYS

Back to the OP: These people weren't even married. I'd love to know this judges name so i can start writing my protest letter

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I'd love to know this judges name so i can start writing my protest letter

Wasn't a judge, rather a jury. I bet that jury was stocked with females too. Ready to award the helpless woman the justice she deserves.. :shk:

Please. Who moves out of state to be with someone anyways. She took a pay cut on her own free-will.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Do you really think that females would approve of this? I am a female and I wouldn't. When it comes to love, you take chances. If you lose you need to count your losses and move on.

Same with alimony Andrew. Alimony for cheating is just another childish form of revenge. A person shouldn't have to pay alimony for a capable adult who can support themselves no matter why the marriage ended.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Sorry to generalize snowflake but do you really think a majority male jury would punish the poor fellow? I think there were some vengeful single females in the jury.. but that's just a hypothesis..

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There could also be the asumption that there were jilted males who have gotten taken advantage of in similar situations who wanted to see someone else suffer like they did.

See, it can work both ways.

top topics

join