It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment - The Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
When, not if Obama is installed by the Junta he is going to sign the UN millennium project. He has already stated this.
America will feel the brunt of the full U.N. assault forces landing in America to come for your guns.
Now you can fight to the death and go down as true American patriots,or capitulate . The choice is yours to make.
Those that do not fight to their deaths will be looked upon as the scum of the earth in time.
your armed forces will not defend you your police will not defend you
ask an Australian what it is like.
Ask the British what it is like to be given a ticket for smoking in his own vehicle
to have cameras up his ass, for this and much more is coming for you.
they have been spying on you for years ,they already knows you have the guns
by what they have said online,in their mailing,on the telephone.
by the time Obama has finished with you your not going to have a bb gun to your name even

I am not familiar with this "UN Millenium Project, so I just started a thread about it in the Political Issues forum if anyone has or wants more info on it...

That being said, I will be one of those fighting against the UN assault forces when and if they do come, as it truely would be a fight for the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What people are forgetting is that the Declaration of Independence precedes the authority of the Constitution.
www.ushistory.org...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

People have come to the belief that the document for it's time is irrelevant, but it is not so. The DoI and the Constitution were meant to act hand in hand in a marriage of sorts, one should not be used without the other. Events in this United States have come to the point where Judges and Politicians have been interpretting the law without adhering to the interpretations of the Founding Fathers.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Justin,the military might not be against us.If the Government gets totally out of control,I bet most of the military would be with us.I'm starting to see more and more people being fed up with congress not doing the will of the people.It feels like we're on the brink of some kind of revolution,tensions are rising.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

You have destroyed that nail's head! A flag and a star for you! I get so tired of hearing the libs say"but you don't need an AK47 machine gun to hunt deer". They just don't get it. They have completely forgotten how average American citizens defeated British forces using thier PERSONAL weapons in the American Revolution. But it could never happen here, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Why is this in Aliens & UFOs forum?

Anyway, I take my right to own a firearm very serous. I'm not a gun nut but I do rest better at night knowing if some crazy nut job busts in my house I wont have to take my family to a room and lock the door and wait for 911 to respond. I think the old saying sums it up for me. Id rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Digital_Reality]

It is in the "Aliens and UFO's Forum" because IF "Disclosure" is upon us, everyone that owns a weapon will need it and maybe have to use it, either against our government and its agents and assigns or against the ALIENS that will show up EnMasse !!!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Why is this in Aliens & UFOs forum?

Anyway, I take my right to own a firearm very serous. I'm not a gun nut but I do rest better at night knowing if some crazy nut job busts in my house I wont have to take my family to a room and lock the door and wait for 911 to respond. I think the old saying sums it up for me. Id rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Digital_Reality]

It is in the "Aliens and UFO's Forum" because IF "Disclosure" is upon us, everyone that owns a weapon will need it and maybe have to use it, either against our government and its agents and assigns or against the ALIENS that will show up EnMasse !!!

I hate to say it, but even though I have a very nice and complete (well its never complete) firearms collection... Im not sure its gonna do me much good against the aliens... if they invade that is...

But I will deffinately try!!!

[edit on 27-7-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yup

I don't own a gun... but if BUSH and his folks try something crazy I will strap up,,, get shot or get arrested as a "TERRORIST'" and sent to a FEMA camp!

BUSH/CHENNY 08-28 !!!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon

You have destroyed that nail's head! A flag and a star for you! I get so tired of hearing the libs say"but you don't need an AK47 machine gun to hunt deer". They just don't get it. They have completely forgotten how average American citizens defeated British forces using thier PERSONAL weapons in the American Revolution. But it could never happen here, right?

HEY I'm a liberal and I get it!!!

Unfortunately we might need to start investing in newer technology as well as AK's....

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

While I understand and agree with your thread ideas and thoughts, you've posted it in the wrong forum areas. The 2nd Amendment is usually discussed under War on Terror or Political Ideology. That's not a big deal as it happens all the time and I'm sure a Moderator will see it soon enough.

Good post. Starred, flagged, and thread-tagged.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing.

I suppose sheep are pretty brave letting themselves herd toward slaughter with nary a care in the world.

I would imagine wolves enjoy nice "brave" and "safe" feeling mutton... especially mutton who have "grown some."

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This is an excelent post!!!! And should never be overlooked!! FYI: Do not trade in your firearms for a pair of NIKE shoe's!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

It's ok you call me a sheep..or any other name in the book. I can go to bed tonight knowing I am a real man and do not need nothing else to back my play but My two guns(lol) lefty and righty. Sure some psycho may kill me or my family..but at least I will be known as a brave one rather than some little man with a gun to make me feel better about myself...lol

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Riggs it's nice to see you have your priorities straight!
I have a term I use for guys that are manly enough to take on armed intruders with their fists, And It's not Brave!

PS, Does your family know they're expendable, Tough guy?...

[Triple post slimmed down, and shown, because Anon has a voice too, even if sarcastic like regular members]

[edit on 27-7-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Having a gun doesn't really make a difference in my life but saying "You don't have the right to break into my home, please leave." doesn't have the same effect as saying "This thing is loaded and ready to be used." This has nothing to do with the idea of being manly, we live in a wild world and the fact is that punches and reverse psychology do not work all the time. Btw, there's a sharp machete under my mattress and I carry a telescopic baton with me most of the time. Do they make me feel any safer? Not really but I know they will disable anyone temporarily (perhaps permanently) when properly used. I grew up surrounded by guns (my father was a state trooper) and I never got interested in them, I guess he made me feel secure, hence the lack of interest in them. He taught me the things that men were capable of doing but he never encouraged me to get a gun to defend myself, though he showed me how to use one. In a way he probably was trying to telling me to find the means to defend myself however he'd never imagined that a machete would be my weapon of choice lol. If we lose our right to keep and bear arms the chances of becoming meatshield-sheeples will increase exponentially since there will not be a way to let the corrupt bodies know that we will not tolerate their actions in the only realistic way. Stay strong in your beliefs ATS's militia.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Riggs it's nice to see you have your priorities straight!
I have a term I use for guys that are manly enough to take on armed intruders with their fists, And It's not Brave!

PS, Does your family know they're expendable, Tough guy?...

[Triple post slimmed down, and shown, because Anon has a voice too, even if sarcastic like regular members]

[edit on 27-7-2008 by ADVISOR]

Anon is right, riggs, I hope your wife and kids are aware you would rather watch the atrocities some of these sickos will do to them instead of defending them in an intelligent way

[edit on 28-7-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
After reading this thread I talked to one of my friends and asked him what he would do if the government took away the right to bear arms. The conversation went as follows:

Friend: "If they did, there would be less murder on the streets. You don't need guns except to hunt, and to protect yourself from criminals with guns. Take theirs away, and you don't need yours anymore.

Me: You do realize that criminals are smart enough to buy guns illegally so they can't be traced back to them as easily, right? And what if the government takes it as far as a door-to-door policy where police/military physically confiscate all guns in your house?

Friend: If it came to that, I wouldn't fight back. It's stupid to die for something you cannot change yourself.

Me: Don't vote.

To ease my anger, we changed the subject after that. I hope the majority of Americans don't feel this way or we're headed downhill fast.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Bravo!!!! The government will never be able to ban guns in this country. They can try but I don't believe it will ever happen. I own plenty of guns and the government will have to pry them from my cold dead hands before I ever give them up. If they do end up trying to ban all weapons, this country will be a big bullseye for all other countries to attack. And when this happens how will we defend ourselves. Our military is already stretched thin with fighting two wars! A good movie to watch in reference to why we as Americans have the right to own weapons is "Red Dawn". So if America wants to take my weapons away from me, then all I have to say is see you on the battlefield!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

How manly will you be when the police with the aid of US troops armed with AR-15's knock at your door and tell you to leave your property? Will you try to take one down, will you use strong words and tell them no.

Look at the katrina video, they dont care about you, they blindly follow orders. Hell, they tackled an old defensless woman and beat the # out of her and forcibly removed her.

What if they dont even knock, just kick your door down at 3:00am and put a gun in your face, you going to man up and fight 4 guys armed with automatics?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

RIGHT : people should keep weapons in casethe governmeent becomes irrational, tyrranical and dangerous for everyone. Then, the people will take take the guns and bring the gov down.

WRONG : why gun owners own a real arsenal in trheir basement? Why selling that much guns, making Gun shows and make the guns look like a regular merchandise?

As a French guy, if you know a little about what happened in 1968 in our country, if there was a 2nd amendment in the French Constitution, people would have brought the government down...and sold our country to the communists !

good post, flagged and stared

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Just a thought but maybe if you guys grew some....you wouldn't feel the need to have guns to feel secure. I have always found gun owners to be the biggest cowards there are, take away thier guns and they got nothing. Guess people who can't be man or woman enough on thier own, you would need guns. Like i said just a thought. I don't own a gun and I feel perfectly safe. Keep your guns I say what ever empowers you.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by riggs2099]

I already know you are going to get slammed on this one. I just figure that I would, unless it has already been done, give you the opinion of someone who no longer carries a gun. You are not a smart person. Why? For attacking people who choose to carry a gun in the way you did. By calling them a coward.

That is the biggest bunch of crap I have heard in a long time and I thank you for the laugh. Why? Because I see where you are 'trying' to come from. You are just going about it in the WRONG way.

So, you are saying that the person who has a newborn in the crib and a wife propped up in bed don't deserve to be protected from the intruder that HAS A GUN? Because it is cowardly? Or that the old man that was in his own home with his wife sleeping next to him when he heard a noise. The door to his bedroom was being opened. He slept with a gun in his nightstand. With that gun he prevented the guy WITH A GUN from possibly killing him and his wife.

I know that one for a fact because the criminal shot first and my grandfather put him in his place.

Was he a coward? You are pathetically wrong if you think so. The cowardly thing to do in that situation is to sit there and cower while someone killed you and your family.

Now, back to the REAL topic of this discussion. Without the threat of every American owning a weapon this government would have long ago become what it is slowly evolving into now. A tyranny. That is what this is about dude. NOT about being a coward for carrying a gun.

I'm glad you feel comfortable without one. I feel just fine. I will admit this those. If I do get accosted and survive and someone within my family gets hurt or killed because I now choose not to have a gun....well, that's something I have to live with and I fear that I will consider myself a coward for NOT having a gun anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join