It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone believe Edgar Mitchell story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"FORMER NASA moon astronaut Edgar Mitchell says aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years.

The Apollo 14 astronaut said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his NASA career but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as "little people who look strange to us".

He said the aliens were similar to the traditional Hollywood image of having a small frame, large eyes and head."

For one i actually believe his story.Former astronaut and now 77 years old,he really has nothing to lie about.I didnt read he wanted money or trying to write a book.So what would the guy have to lie about being at this point in his life?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
"FORMER NASA moon astronaut Edgar Mitchell says aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years.

The Apollo 14 astronaut said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his NASA career but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as "little people who look strange to us".

He said the aliens were similar to the traditional Hollywood image of having a small frame, large eyes and head."

For one i actually believe his story.Former astronaut and now 77 years old,he really has nothing to lie about.I didnt read he wanted money or trying to write a book.So what would the guy have to lie about being at this point in his life?

I think he said that the information he had about aliens and UFOs was garnered through his life and experience growing up around Roswell. He said that he had never seen an alien but that he believed people who told him what they looked like.

He also stated in the Fox interview that nothing he said has anything to do with NASA. Whether that is true or NASA is putting pressure on him we may never know.

He is believable, but I don't know if he has first hand knowledge or if he is just saying that people confirmed his suspicions. Also, he won't name names so expect the mass media to just file him away under E for Eccentric.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I believe he's telling the truth (meaning he's not making it up).
But he's going by 2nd hand information, he's never seen an alien himself, so he might be lied to and not know it himself (although I doubt that).

So bottom line, yes I believe him

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Colonel Gordon Cooper saw a flying saucer and saw footage of one landing (shot by his crew at Edwards AFB). He related about those experiences in interviews and in a book "Leap of Faith". Why would Dr Mitchell lie about what his friends in Roswell tell him?
It is funny how people are so excited about an astronaut talking about his friends seeing things but he did not see anything himself. When the astronaut did say he saw two events, he was ignored.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not in the slightest..he will have to do better than simply saying *hey,there ARE aliens* please...what rubbish....

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not a belief sort of person, either I know or keep an open mind about it. But were I to bet I would bet he is telling what he sees as the truth, and I think that what he sees as the truth is pretty close to the actual thing.

Anything that pushes UFO's and the words "they're not hostile" into the media is positive imho.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

He speaks the truth. You can choose to believe or not.

I no longer have any doubts as to whether or not they exist. I just do not know the nature of their origin.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As someone so smartly pointed out, why would the old astronaut lie? He has been retired for quite some time, and sure he's got plenty of money.

But, I believed way before Edgar Mitchell started telling people the ufos are real because my whole family saw one glide silently over our car and land in a field. I have seen others just as strange and guess I have witnessed at least 5 sightings 3 daytime and two night. One in particular was kind of recent it was during he day, and I saw a helicopter flying very low and in a hurry, it was chasing two dull silver things that looked like mini blimps but they were not marked and as I looked at them they both went from about the same level as the helicopter to a very high height much faster than blimps are capable like in the blink of an eye. Very strange and over a large metropolitan city in Texas.

So yeah i don't believe because of Mitchell, but because of what I have seen. But God bless the man for coming out and saying that this is real because he is an unimpeachable highly trained astronaut with a doctorate
in aeronautics.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I do believe him, I do believe that people told him stuff. But maybe I'm easy because I saw something myself when I was young.

But I wonder when someone will start to discredit him by saying his trip to the moon fried his brain

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I believe he's saying what he thinks is true. As for it actually being true, I don't know where he got his information, so I don't know. He sure hasn't presented anything substantial, testable, or provable to back up his statements.

The question is not so much whether you believe Mitchell, who seems like an honest enough guy (although, who am I to judge?), but why would you necessarily believe the unknown people who told him or gave him the information in the first place? What are their qualifications or agendas? Tell me if you know.

If Mitchell has some good Top Secret files, memos, or photos that prove his contentions that he's willing to cough up to be analyzed and verified, I'd love to see them. Come on, Ed. Just give us a little something. Anything!

Otherwise, all we have are some more odd stories and claims to add to the already heaping pile of stories and claims about UFOs. And with supply and demand, that makes them worth about exactly zip.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Considering, IMO, there is strong evidence that no man has landed on the moon, he could be a stonewall liar. So until there's proof of that, I'll reserve judgement.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Maybe i'm just gullible because i tend to trust people (known and unknown) too much and just don't get it why anyone would lie about seeing an ufo because in my case people deny seeing them.

It's just because i witnessed it i just chose to believe, i'm just not a believer in the whole abductions.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well I for one believe him, then again I do believe we have been being visted for a long time now, even though I have not seen anything per sey, myself. I don't think he would come out now, only to subject himself to further ridicule, to lie about it. I only wonder if it is because more people seem to be believing or saying that they believe, are people just more ready to hear about it now ? Just My own opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There is absolutely every reason to believe that what he's saying is the truth, or at the very minimum, his truth. What he tells, he believes it as being the truth, and I don't imagine that he could be easily that much fooled...

There are numerous accounts of former "revelations" from some astronauts (and from other countries too, i.e. Russia, former USSR), and they were believable, just because of who made them.

Now, Ed Mitchell is going one step further. I have listened to his interview this late July, and he sounds very much like someone who tells the truth. There is no hesitation in his speech, except for choosing some words (and it makes sense). His voice is the voice of someone who frees himself of a burden by telling his secret, a secret that world nearly knows already.

I think that above all the reasons why he should be believed because of his person, his former job and his obvious intelligence, there is even more:

1. He is retired for some time now, and maybe even nearing the end of his life, or at least his life as an person able to think straight, to remember & to tell
  2. Given the prior point, he fears no attack on himself for disclosing this information, especially because NASA has already said publicly several times that they do not share his views

There is also, as he states it, the fact that real disclosure has already happened, or started to happen, in some countries, including (but not limited to) Belgium, France, Brasil, Mexico...

There is also the fact, that once again he mentions too, being a catholic does not cause a problem admitting there is life outside earth or the solar system. Admitting this would besides cause no problem in accepting that (even if the odds may be very low) a civilisation could be more advanced than us, up to a point where they can actually visit us!

I will add too a totally personal point of view. The matter is not about believing that life exists outside of the solar system. The vast majority of the scientific world now accepts that as a very probable fact. However, the matter is about believing (lacking formal proof, if one accepts that thousands of testimonies, pictures & videos, so blurry would they be, is no formal proof) that at least one civilisation is advanced enough to, and did, visit us, and maybe continues to do so.

Even lacking formal proof, yes I believe in this latter fact. There are people who have lost their life because of a court sentence, who were proven innocent later on! No proof that it happened doesn't mean proof that it didn't happen.

Summary: I invite people to hear this interview (a simple google will find it, look for Ed Mitchell Kerrang Radio) and consider all things about who is speaking, what the guy has done, and your own opinions.

I hold a mp3 copy of that interview, available for people. Please send me a U2U if you want a copy of it. The file is only 3.8Mb so it can be e-mailed to most accounts, even free ones.

[Edit:]
Some spelling

[Re-Edit:]
If I have some time, I will work on a transcription of the interview. This may help non native english speakers to understand it better, as the recorded sound of a radio receiving a phone call from someone can be tricky at times!

[edit on 27-7-2008 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if one believes him or not, there is no proof to back him up.
But if you do believe him, you'll have to believe some other paranormal stuff he talks about.

Millions believe the religious texts, but that doesn't prove anything, its useless.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this guys wasn't only an astronaut but also a scientist and its one thing some conspiracy nut saying theres aliens and its entirely another when Dr edgar mithell says these things. And its not just mitchell but also Buzz Aldrin and Gordon Cooper, and not to mention Nick Pope who works for the MOD. Theres too much evidence for this to be ignored.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with that RSB. I know you like cases like you describe in your "manual" on how not to get blinded by fake UFOs... But indeed, there are several others who actually went in space, even on the moon too, who speak in the same way. Pictures are available too, and more even than that, it's the whole stuff, the fact that litterally millions of cases, pictures, videos, persons, etc. have described, seen, said, depicted, ... basically the same things...

Besides, if you like good cases, I invite you strongly to have a thorough look into the so called Belgian wave (1989-1991).

For information, there are new analysis on pictures that have been done recently in Belgium. I'll translate some of that & publish
There is some sort of "energy cloud" or "particle cloud" found around the object pictured in Petit Rechain. (more later)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Not in the slightest..he will have to do better than simply saying *hey,there ARE aliens* please...what rubbish....

You believed him when he said he walked on the moon. But now he is just spouting nonsense, how convenient for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Honestly, out of any living human being on the planet, who would you believe? An astronaut is good enough for me.

top topics

join