It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was So Big I Couldn't See The Edges....I Couldn't See Past It

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Here is a link to what it was supposed to have looked like

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Thanks to UFO Reality for bringing the picture to my attention.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
From the picture I would say that this is a tourist vehicle. Perhaps a few laps around the planet while dodging our primitive air defenses is just the kind of fun their customers wanted to pay for. Perhaps it takes a large ship to get enough fares to make a profit on the trip.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Yeah, mile long and mile wide UFO, sure....sure.

Not to be a negative Nelly and rain on you guys desire to accept darn near anything you hear without giving it rational thought...but why the hell would there be any need for a mile wide UFO? Seriously, consider that for a moment. Sure, sure....I know.....its what you guys call a "Mothership".

Just think about that for a moment before responding. Why take a craft that big, if it is a mothership, into the atmosphere? For what purpose? Surely not for close-up observation right? I mean, we can image a car's license plate from space, so if its alien technology they can probably do a lot better from even farther out. If it is samples they are getting, no need for them to take a mile wide craft down for a few pounds of dirt. Its a mother ship right, they would only send a scout or something.

I don't know, but folks like me must have too much common sense and reason to fall for this kind of stuff. Sure, maybe the guy saw "something", but I HIGHLY doubt it was a "Mile wide" for crying out loud.

I hate people that think that every lifeform in the world is going to be relative to there own size. What if there 300ft tall? There planet could be a million times larger than our. Its not a far stretch that the government would want to cover that up . I mean its not like you could just "hang out " with one .
Tons of ancient writing about giants. About as much as jesus if not more .

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

That's what I said in another one of my threads
Motherships or cruise ships?

I didn't think about them needing to be big to turn a profit. Good point.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
You might be surprised inside a craft and see only orbs, inside the craft guiding it.

Excellent post btw, and thanks.

I saw one last week it was probably a quarter mile out, it was in between two houses and dark clouds, it just hung there, a very dark grey metallic craft, my intuition told me to look out the glass sliding door. I just looked at it for two minutes, I thought my wife saw it, but she wasn't looking where I was.

Was this day or night? I too have seen the same type recently. Sunset, and then right after sunset, dark metallic and had lights on the back in several rows, at least that's how I recall, my little one only saw the lights on the sides.

Its funny the more you start seeing them the less motivated you are to prove their existence.

Couldn't agree more, and for me its 'all' of my true Kodak moments...

Those that know say nothing. I have seen some that seem to materialize when nobody is around on a main highway to float around like a butterfly and lights going around it, wife thought that one was a blimp in the sky I was looking for a camera didn't have one, I said to the wife that's no blimp hon.

Interesting how the mind has the ability to not see. Another common trait is when they cannot awaken when you attempt to share the experience.

Didn't see how long it stood their, but it just floated in the air kind of off balance when it first materialized into the air, Its like looking at a ghost, then all of a sudden they have a real solid appearance. Long story wife said lets get out of here, I died inside , I was like this chance doesn't happen all the time to see one in daylight within fifteen to twenty feet.

The ones I have seen that have maneuverability problems I usually associate with military, new pilots. Did your wife also see it the way you did? Did she catch it as it materialized? I suspect that the ability to watch as they do is only for those that have somehow been attuned for the higher frequencies. Once seen they can be pointed out to others.

The closer the craft got to the ground the more off balance the craft became. It actually hid behind a ridge as if playing pick a boo with me..

Could you describe the craft a bit better? Again I have only seen craft do the wobble with our post engineered.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I wonder if this ship was a USAF Stealth Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier. It may not have anything to do with Aliens at all.
I do not have any evidence for the Aircraft Carrier.... just speculation. The flat grey color seems like something we would paint it. The subsequent sightings of lights could have been created by our Government for disinfo purposes. I have not researched the type of USAF bases in the area. Our Military may have some type of exotic propulsion system for a massive aircraft carrier. We already have a handle on stealth technology and no doubt have improved it over the years.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by fworkman]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe.... It was actually thousands of "scout ships", they somehow lock together. Its like a defense mechanism of the sort. IMO that would be pure genius. Make yourself look big as all MOTHER ##@$#$
, sure enough no one in their right mind would confront you. Look at our own nature right here on earth, you will see there are several animals that have abilities to make themselves look bigger in order to survive. Just my theory.....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I only read the first 2 pages so I dunno if I'm the first to mention this, but..

A mile-wide or supposedly bigger craft moving through the atmosphere (especially if they move at the speed of sound or faster) should create some awesome weather effects (tornados or worse). Check the movie Independence Day for an idea of what I'm talking about.

Noone said anything about weather effects so I would say the objects were outside the atmosphere or this is fake.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So I guess it has been settled then? The mile wide UFO was not a mother ship, but a corvette model because the aliens are 300 feet tall. Thank god some of you cleared that up for me, I was beginning to wonder why people laughed at the subject of UFOs, now that you solved that mystery I can't understand why the mainstream doesn't take this subject as serious as a BJ in the white house.

On a serious note, for the ignorant folk who countered my last argument with the physical size of the aliens, that does not change the physics of running a craft of that size, does it?

I do, however, love the colorfull and fitional entertainment that threads like this deliver, however it is also a painlful reminder of why this subject is the but of so many jokes. People say things before using thier brains. As fully demonstrated by my last post and the ignorant responses to it.

I guess, in the future, I need to quit assuming everyong here is on the same level of logic and reason, and give every one of my ststmanets several paragraphs to cut the ignorant responses off at the pass? I guess I give people here to much credit at times, and need to remind myself that not everyone here is able to use the meaty part of thier brain when it comes to sensational subjects.

I really like the folks that are comparing the witness statements to the US court system. Do I really, really need to go into why there can be no comparison between UFO and Alien witlessness and a court of law? If I need to, and I fear I do, then this subject is worse off that I thought, and you all get what you deserve when people laugh at you. But in a nutshell, stop comparing witness evidence to something you would get in a murder trial. They are apples and oranges. Please, please don't make me explain why, if I do, you will feel pretty silly for not understanding something so friggn' basic without having someone draw a picture for you.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I believe we can apply our size "norms" to alien craft, but I'll preface this argument with "I'm a skeptic."

It is not illogical to assume that they are the same size as us. There are, just as with atomic nuclei, rules that govern the practicality of planet sizes. They would need to be on a large enough planet to create competing life (to promote evolution), and thus could not be huge due to the low gravity (low gravity gives more room for "lankiness", physiologically). If they were similar to a hermit crab and lived around pieces of super-hard material that they used as a skeleton, they could be larger on a larger planet, but then the gravity promotes shorter, high-muscle (or muscle-equivalent) density, less flexible limbs. Low flexibility allows for much more mechanically advantageous limb flexion.

All of these point to the fact that the maximum point in size would likely be resultant from the smallest planet that would host intelligent life. Small planets = small resources. Small resources prevent wildly excessive building, and though they may have more resources now, it was in their nature to conserve.

The more likely explanation in my mind would be something stated earlier. Perhaps these are just the scale of ship they build. If they have no need of one-man "fighter-style" craft, they may only build on this scale. Though it's fiction, one of the most impressionable moments from the old PC game Homeworld (great- play it now) is a huge space junkyard where one side is a clearly constructed object (probably on the order of 10,000 Mm) that blocks the light from a nearby nebula. That is MASSIVE. Imagine if that was the empire center for this alien race... Their flagships would be as big as our sun at least. The smallest ships would be miles across. WHAT IS THE USE, THOUGH? Also, how does a species build this in a reasonable timespan (a few lifetimes) and why would it be anything other than a flagship, which it wasn't used as here.

One final statement: why does everyone think that aliens are superadvanced? Nothing is implied other than faster-than-light propulsion and perhaps silent sublight drives. They also have very crude medical technology if they surgically implant. Furthermore, they implant and make (relatively) huge cuts rather than minimally invasive procedures, which these secretive aliens would favor. These all imply they have no access to teleportation, at least remote teleportation. Perhaps if they have gate-based teleportation, then they don't have FTL drives on their ships.

Don't give me "anti-gravity" junk. The ships are jumpjets for all we know.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

On a serious note, for the ignorant folk who countered my last argument with the physical size of the aliens, that does not change the physics of running a craft of that size, does it?

No it doesnt but whos to say they have not figured that out, Remember they are supposedly more advanced than we are, maybe by a few thousand years.

I guess, in the future, I need to quit assuming everyong here is on the same level of logic and reason, and give every one of my ststmanets several paragraphs to cut the ignorant responses off at the pass? I guess I give people here to much credit at times, and need to remind myself that not everyone here is able to use the meaty part of thier brain when it comes to sensational subjects.

Yeah I feel the same way I have to remind myself not hide my head in the sand, I'm pretty sure the idea of blowing up a whole city with only one bomb seemed sensational to those who had no clue what a A-Bomb was during WWII. They were just not one of the "in" crowd = 99.999 % of the planet. on this topic that could include you.

Please, please don't make me explain why, if I do, you will feel pretty silly for not understanding something so friggn' basic without having someone draw a picture for you.

Waits patiently

[edit on 28-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
@ Ignore the facts:

Hmmm.... ok... so you won't go with 200 ft beings (I also find that an exaggeration. But who knows).

But you didn't answer to the 'refueling' theory. That theory has been discussed on ATS before. You also didn't speak about the scientific side (get close to do a proper scan)
And you can't tell me that all aliens are without emotions i.e. that the 'showing off side etc. are impossible. But as you don't want to believe, these sort of 'silly ideas' are obviously under your level of conversation.
mmmkay.... wha'ever!

@ TOPIC:
The air displacement point is a good one: if a craft that size flies around at any speed it will move air around. Unless it's:
a. not actually there (holographic image)
b. (partly) in another dimension (there is air and vessel @ the same place)
or c. something our aerodynamic scientists don't know yet (even though it is likely that they have a lot to learn.... I personally can't go with that arguement.)

Sam
sry for sp and gram. mistakes, I'm tired and can't be asked to proofread 3 times

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have a theory on why the ship is so big. The planet the aliens came from was in worse shape than ours and it was going to die. so they built a really big ship (or several of them) and came here because it was the closest place to find a suitable place to call home. Now we already have too many aliens here now. ( I live in NC, ask me how I know) so they wouldn't be welcome to stay. they are just going to wait while we destroy most of ourselves trying to get more stuff. (ie. more oil, money, power) When we loose about 70% of the worlds population, they will make themselves at home and not have to ride around waiting. Or maybe they are 300 ft tall.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
anybody who has researched UFO seriously would know that many credible reports done with scientific measurments estimated some distant ufos to be several football pitches wide.
Aliens are not You. We cant even comprehend how they move, let alone whats inside and why it needs to be big.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's just it, if I go back to that time, everything within that given enviroment was different, at a different speed of arrival, nobody was on the road, and it was between the time of night and day. The sun was pretty much set but there was light out, enough to drive with your lights on or off.

I can tell this was one of (your eyes only) type set-ups. My wife would have completely seen something different because of the timespace her mind occupies. She couldn't see it from her perspective, I got out of the car and viewed it.

She stayed in the car so her view would be limited, timespace doesn't change unless something doesn't matter. Lol this of course being the speed in which things arrive. Time. This puppy was outside of time, then brought itself into the time mechanism by becoming physical matter.

This craft wasn't a huge one its probably only twenty feet wide. I use to have some Youtube video of one that looked (like it ) but I didn't save it, so I don't know where its at. Its one where kids are at night go running into a field and this ufo comes in swirling around with red light and what not zooms around at takes right back off into the sky, like hey look at me.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I use to visit Stephenville alot in my younger days. The only thing around for miles are farms, and A&M's altered crops, but it is also the only place in the world where the native Americans made small chips of wood with the animal they were hunting carved into them. some looked like they could have been grey's or the back end of a mad skunk. There always have been a few reports of UFO's but usually blown off by the military saying anything from jets to Multiple crazy people. My favorite was when my Grandpa was called to a crop fire. They said two jets were setting fire with their after burners then the other one tried to put it out by breaking the sound barrier a few feet off the tops of the field.
I believe him, after all the stories I heard living out their in the middel of no where Carswell AFB (the base the Roswell bodies were first taken.) and a collage that has bio/plant research.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
assuming ricky is just a normal man and not the nut job cop out. Im taking into concideration the fact that this man is a hunter, he owns a gun which means he would have had to pass a hunter safety course.. as a hunter myself with only a few hunting trips under my belt, i know that hunters are good observers and are also good at recounting an event.

Ive seen his side of the story on larry king and other new reports and i feel he is just one biological entity that happened to be at the right place at the right time.

i wont water down his story by asking why questions or how questions im listening to his factual story and i end up with a detail account of this incident in my mind. and i leave it at that until RICKY says otherwise.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

We all grew up watching 'actors' everyday on TV and I think we all can tell acting when we see it and this man was NOT acting. Everything about his demeanor had the ring of truth to it.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join