It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Questions U.F.O. skeptics can't answer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

That is a very good point you have. However you are forgetting the claim that aliens disabled our nukes in one of our nuke bases

This is what happened to the best of my memory

A UFO craft lands at a missile base(with nukes)
all in the base 20 missiles running on different circuits(so when one gos down the rest stay up and running) they all went down and just after that the craft leaves.
Now after checking into this the base technician can find no reason for this happening except for that alien ship

Thats the gist of the information I got from the video I posted.

Personally aliens are real, however like experts say only 5% of publicized alien spacecraft are unexplaned.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by joshedis

For real. Lots of allegedly "alien" space crafts aren't true; just publicity.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

For real. Lots of allegedly "alien" space crafts aren't true; just publicity.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

Why does that always happen to me?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

OK now the other 95 % of reports can be explained naturally

Swamp Gas
A Hoax
Government spacecraft
Hallucination

yet the 5% noone can figure out

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What I find most amusing is how anything that can't be explained is pawned off as "ours," meaning, our military. Considering the time and effort and sheer $$$ involved in a SINGLE project, I find it mind-boggling that people buy this explanation for every credible sighthing that can't be explained as anything else. How many multi-billion secret project do these people think we actually have? Dozens? No, I don't think so.

When a single stealth jet crash lands during testing (which one did), you know how many billions that is, down the tubes? And people think we have the resources and money to fund a whole of these? It's almost laughable.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
The Op is asking for us that aren't willing to believe without proof because he says we are close minded and that we are unable to give some other POV a chance. What about you guys who scream that its true, its fact, and all the other things...why are you not willing to accept that these things may not be happening. I am willing to accept something if there is viable proof to back it up and not believe just because I want to. You,who blindly believe without anything to back it up, are the sheep.

HAH most of us on here will look at credible evidence before coming up with a decision. It is with any theory that you see on this site or any experiment you might have done during class or on the job. We don't scream that it's real. I for one will disbelieve someone who randomly posts on any topic without any sourcing or other plausible statement.

Why can't you possibly accept that some of these things could be happening. You who don't even look at the evidence supplied are the real sheep! Show you real evidence, we show you real evidence and you will still cry that it is fake.

It's like not reading a book and making a judgement on the book from looking at the cover.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshedis

OK now the other 95 % of reports can be explained naturally

Swamp Gas
A Hoax
Government spacecraft
Hallucination

yet the 5% noone can figure out

* 95% of how many world-wide "reported" sightings on a yearly basis?
* Who determined that 95% should be the standard bearer?
* How did they come up with that number?
* 5% of how many sightings on a yearly basis?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBottomLine

Hey nice to have people noticing me haha.

Well anyways, if you watch this video in your free time what I say should make sense

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Maybe your question is a little too complex and the only thing you need to ask, is "Why not?" and then follow up with, "How do you know that for sure?"

Of course the majority of the photos you see are not the real thing for whatever reason. and honestly, I don't know If any of them are.
But personally, I have a harder time believing there is not life in space.

Everytime I hear someone say "There are no such thing as aliens." I feel like I am back in England and someone just said "There are no such things as Indians."

I wonder how the Queen broke that whole "the earth is not flat" buisness to the people.

I think I will make this into a thread and see if anyone knows.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by president

good idea well Ill be there when your thread starts

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

This could be a topic for the religion forum as well; these questions are well suited for all organized religion...

And to add to the thread - anytime a mind is closed, society loses another opportunity...or just read my signature.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ggurl777

Skeptical about if aliens visited ?

GO to a remote place with alot of suvival gear and stuff you'll need for a while stay there for awhile and see what happens and tell me if you still don't believe ?

What does that have to do with anything? Nothing! I lived in flippn remote Alaska for 4 years - some of the most remote area in the world. And I never saw anything.

Remote = nothing.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Ggurl777

Skeptical about if aliens visited ?

GO to a remote place with alot of suvival gear and stuff you'll need for a while stay there for awhile and see what happens and tell me if you still don't believe ?

What does that have to do with anything? Nothing! I lived in flippn remote Alaska for 4 years - some of the most remote area in the world. And I never saw anything.

Remote = nothing.

You're only one of the estimated 670,000 in Alaska. Now let's check with the other 669,999......

Remote = nothing = a personal assumption

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, I'm with the camp: It is on the "believer" to show us the proof. Not the other way around.

I am a skeptic, however, I am a hopeful skeptic. I would love to know beyond a shadow of doubt, that there is life outside of Earth. I actually do believe in supernatural life, but that is another topic in itself (maybe).

I have yet to see anything that proves there are "aliens" and "alien craft" visiting us from outside Earth. UFO (unidentified flying objects)?? Yes, I believe they exist. But I also believe that UOs (unidentified objects) exist on the ground too

All photos and video I see are HORRIBLE quality or obviously fake. IMO. I dont even look at YouTube videos anymore. If its not the crappy music added....the editing with titles, subtitles and credits....then its the shoddy camera work.

For someone who wants to believe so bad, im actually sick and tired of the phoney bolgna crap I see day in and day out. But I keep hanging on...hoping...waiting.

I also do not take witnesses words as 100% truth....just because someone can tell a story, means nothing to me. I feel this way about witnesses in court too....and I'm a criminal justice major. Witnesses are humans. Humans have the ability to lie and make mistakes in their accounts of things. I ALWAYS take this into account first when someone tells me a story (court matter or a UFO matter). Hmmm. Can you imagine me as an interrogator?

I don't care what title is behind someone's name. I don't care how many times they say "I swear this is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They are still just human and subject to human behavior. I need to be able to look into someone's eyes. Know their history, their lifestyle and so on. Many things come into account before I trust one's word....no matter what the subject is.

What will it take me to believe with no doubts? Not some cheesy youtube video. Not some anonymous person saying "I was abducted, here is my story". Maybe me witnessing something. Maybe someone who is clearly not looking for fame and attention....and they have CLEAR unedited photos/video. Maybe a captured alien. Maybe a mass CLEAR sighting like we saw in the movie "Independence Day". I mean, are any of these things NOT possible? Not a logical expectation???? I think they are.

I refuse to blindly believe, because someone says to. However, im this way about ANYTHING.

*Still hoping. Still waiting.*

(Good Lord, I wrote a lot. Not intended
)

[edit on 7/27/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well you might have already seen this but heres a video

www.youtube.com...

I was wondering if you coulfd tell me what you think about ti

[edit on 27-7-2008 by joshedis]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

mmmm that video eh? personally i dont put much stock in that guy. if he was or is dying why does he care if anyone knows his name and face? i know i wouldn't. "some nasa scientist who shall remain nameless even though he's dead" reaaaaally doesn't equate to something worth anything to me personally. i get where greeneyedleo is coming from. there are plenty of video websites that one could upload ufo vids on that have much better resolution and tons less pixelation. it'd go a long way if people with videos of anomalous aircraft would put them on those sites. save us all a lot of time and bickering.

i also think we should wait a couple years to seriously consider any video footage, when many hd camcorders will be drastically less expensive. the quality of videos will go up markedly, and the ability to distinguish clearly between the fakes and the truly anomalous will also rise.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I agree with him too, its just "I want to believe"

Well the problem I find is the encounters are completely random say
one in a trillion (over exaggeration) and then the chance of having a camera is even more slim one in a septillion(again major exaggeration) then an hd camera..... So the moral of the story is such slim chances but still hd cameras will help, so it is a good idea just impractical

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Well, I'm with the camp: It is on the "believer" to show us the proof. Not the other way around.

Have you patiently and methodically searched for evidence (direct or circumstantial)?

I have yet to see anything that proves there are "aliens" and "alien craft" visiting us from outside Earth. UFO (unidentified flying objects)?? Yes, I believe they exist.

Let's drop the term "alien" and just focus on UFOs. So you do believe they exist? What makes you believe?

All photos and video I see are HORRIBLE quality or obviously fake.

All of them? Or just the YouTube videos? Have you studied ATS' "Best UFO Cases (or the Classics)?

I also do not take witnesses words as 100% truth....just because someone can tell a story, means nothing to me. Witnesses are humans. Humans have the ability to lie and make mistakes in their accounts of things.

Humans also have the ability to tell the truth and be correct.

I need to be able to look into someone's eyes. Know their history, their lifestyle and so on. Many things come into account before I trust one's word....no matter what the subject is.

Is this the proof that you are requiring?

Maybe me witnessing something.

This may very well be what you need....

[edit on 27-7-2008 by TheBottomLine]

[edit on 27-7-2008 by TheBottomLine]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBottomLine

that's why i said in the next couple of years. as with almost all electronics several years after they are introduced they go down in price drastically. which will make it most practical. of course brand new most advanced hd camcorders will still be expensive but the basic ones we're seeing today will be much much less expensive, and if ufo vids are only taken on the ones that are coming out these days in the future, it'll still be a drastic rise in quality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join