It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Questions U.F.O. skeptics can't answer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm very bored at explaining myself about why I just am skeptical about some matter. Without credible evidence all that is left is belief, logic cannot really deny that. I am not denying anybody's experience either, it is a subjective thing. Empirical layout however shows that people can believe in anything that they think is evidence of whatever.

Basically, then, denying experience is not exactly what is happening but what does happen is that peopel are often wrong. Do you not think I would love to have a visitation by aliens from some world in stars?

We could draw countless number of examples from history that people have been wrong when denying existence of some effect in physics, for example. HOWEVER, we can also get examples where something really has been proven impossible beyond doubt.

These people who always take history as their weapon don't raelly get the point. Physics is not wrong even though Newton _is wrong_, but his formulas work anyway. Do you really, really understand why it is so that a flawed formula works anyway?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Fact of the matter is that the believers never answer our questions. You just keep spewing the same answers over and over again. What we are asking for is undeniable proof not stories and pictures of ufos because lets face facts they don't prove aliens just unidentifiable craft.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The most troubling thing to me, after all these years it took the catholic church to accept the fact that we are one of many in the universe. Now its OK to believe in God and Aliens. Maybe they and WE are one and the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
reply to post by re22666

Fact of the matter is that the believers never answer our questions. You just keep spewing the same answers over and over again. What we are asking for is undeniable proof not stories and pictures of ufos because lets face facts they don't prove aliens just unidentifiable craft.

are you addressing me? because i have not spewed forth anything let alone the same ol same ol. all i have said is, given our history of "knowledge" is it not at all possible that there are still things we have no idea about?

that is all i said. whatever else you are ranting about, direct it somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Whoa...someones time of the month is upon them...lol. Easy there small brains the almighty, yes there are things we don't know about....just let's not all jump the gun by stating aliens exist as fact.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

Whoa...someones time of the month is upon them...lol. Easy there small brains the almighty, yes there are things we don't know about....just let's not all jump the gun by stating aliens exist as fact.

well i never said that aliens were fact did i?

sorry if i get defensive when people put words in my mouth and then deride me for them.

i never said aliens were fact.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeydooddle

Because I can not observe everything, and even for those things I can see, touch, etc. I may interpret them in a wrong way.

I am a sceptic mostly because I know that I can be wrong and that all other people can also be wrong.

And I also know that knowledge is not a limited and absolute thing, it can always be expanded and added to.

I don't believe in some things because I do not see any reason for their existence, but that does not mean that I am not open to the possibility of their existence.

Thinking that UFOs equals alien-piloted crafts is one of the things in which I don't believe, but I do not have any problem with that possibility.

But most of the times I suggest that some UFOs may be living creatures from the high atmosphere, those who believe in the alien version of UFOs become the sceptics (or pseudo-sceptics) and accuse me of making wild conjectures without any proof to back them up. Seriously, I do not have any proof of that, but I am also open to that possibility because I am a sceptic about everything.

But I think I am getting away from your original question, sorry, I hope I have answered it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

OK you never said aliens are fact. I must have been mistaken..your right it is late and I may have been reading someone else's post...sorry
. Time for me to crash...what a crappy saturday night nothing to do but have the flu and stay in and debate on here..lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

ok thanks for again missing my point and ignoring what i actually said about paradigms. i see you arent open to an actual discussion if it does not support you.
I did not miss your point. Your post offers nothing but what ifs. The point of the thread is why are people skeptical toward Extra-terrestrials and Extra-dimensional beings. By you lamenting about the past and the possibility that because there are things that we do not know, that maybe things exist outside our current knowledge, that this should sway skeptics, is quite frankly stupid. As how could you expect a skeptic of this topic to accept something unknown and unobservable as possible proof of the existence of something thats very existence is being questioned. Given that Skeptics are labled as such due to them questioning and requiring concrete evidence on which they base their beliefs in relation to this topic, you are asking them not to be skeptical because of something you cannot show them, or by simply posing a question of what we may not know. Skeptics of this topic, by nature base what they believe on what they do know. Offer all the paradigms and paradoxes you want. It won't change this.

ok nevermind. i thought i was replying to someone smarter, not another, "um post again what you rere asking so it is clear..." i dont know why i keep thinking i will find an actual discussion here. you people are so good at replying without responding to what is actually said.
Your juvenile snivellings are awesome. BTW, your posts are almost as pathetic as your vulger U2U you have sent me. Please, if you can't reply to the content of my previous posts, don't reply or U2U me again. Please.

hint- its at the top where i mentioned evidence and what is known... anyway it was about the OP and your responses to it. if you cant respond to it, that is ok. somene smart enough will.
Hint, i replied to you post earlier. Read the thread, my reply is 16 posts down, and please, by all means reply to my post in relation to the topic instead insulting people and dribbling on and crying about not being answered, when infact you have. Why do i feel like a babysitter. Please, grow up.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Quotes by re22666 (and he wonders why no one responds to him)

"not funny. not hillarious. get a dictionary and expand your vocabulary."

"sorry, i work for a living."

"maybe this is too hard for someone like you with so much opinion to hand around."

"thank you too for your completely worthless addition. "

"are your lives empty?"

"trust me, i am not going to kiss your booboos and hold your hand until you calm down."

"i was never out to prove anything or make an argument"

"and do not throw your worthless links back at me. answer my questions or just stay away."

"this thread right here is the perfect example of ats. "

"i already told you that if your whole basis for blowing me off is that i do not hit the shift key as often as you might like, then i suggest you move away from the internet. i am one of the few people here who still uses whole words."

"you should sleep well tonight knowing you added nothing, helped noone, and insulted a stranger for no reason.
night good christian soldier "

"thanks guys, you all did a great job."

"start with me, and you will get hurt. that is how i play, and i never denied that. "

"you are too stupid to get my OP, too stupid to understand my signature, and too stupid to realize what an ass you are"

You shouldn't waste your time arguing with this type of person. He will only respond with scorn and derision.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Asking Why you though, isn't that a loaded question ? I mean if these things do indeed happen, which I happen to believe they do, and yes, I am as an open minded person, open to the fact, that it is possible they do not.
How can you ask someone why you ? It would be like asking why some people live and why some people die in major disatsters, etc. Why some people get insideous diseases and why others don't. Not everyone can be taken or abducted.
Perhaps it is something about the genetic makeup of the people who are allegedly taken, or something along those lines. At least that is my opinion anyhow.
reply to post by riggs2099

[edit on 27-7-2008 by RealMckoy]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What we are asking for is undeniable proof

Which brings to mind my favorite quote by William Cowper.

"Absence of Proof is not Proof of Absence."

If people choose to believe in fantastic things........let them. (us)

And while you are at it, prove to me there is no Santa Claus.

regards........kk

[edit on 27-7-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Thanks for the heads up. What a fine catalogue you have there. I needed a good chuckle.
Thanks again.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic

Surely only a paranoid delusiuonal freak would believe with no doubt whatsoever in the existence of E.Ts with this kind of steaming pile "my dog ate my evidence" B.S. happening EVERY SINGLE TIME in the last 50 years.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

wow 50 years?????

that seals it.
thank god people didnt "KNOW" that the earth was flat for as long as 50 whole years. whew. that was close.

I was refering to the modern phenomena of alleged E.T./flying saucer visitation/interaction that peaked in the last 50 years (give or take) of our modern age and the lack of physical evidence to support and how the believers make up excuses when they supposedly had the 'smoking gun', given that modern technology of that period was more than enough to acquire physical evidence from the field.

I don't know where you come up with the nonsense about people knowing the earth is flat for 50 years (maybe from etherspace?)

>SNIP Insult<

Mod Note: Courtesy is mandatory

[edit on 7/27/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Since we’re on the subject of scepticism, how do you as sceptics explain pilots claiming to have seen ufo’s?

[edit on 27-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

What we are asking for is undeniable proof

Which brings to mind my favorite quote by William Cowper.

"Absence of Proof is not Proof of Absence."

If people choose to believe in fantastic things........let them. (us)

And while you are at it, prove to me there is no Santa Claus.

regards........kk

[edit on 27-7-2008 by kinda kurious]

Oh please.... That statement is just an excuse believers spout when they are forced into a corner with nothing to back them up other than anecdotal evidence and hearsay. When asked the ultimate question, they spout "Ok prove to me yadda yadda don't exist!"

*Sigh* Here we go again.

That's not how it works.

The burden of proof is not in the hands of the non-believers. That would be stupid and laughable.

"So wait...you want me to prove that something I can't see, hear, touch, smell, or taste is not real?"

Doesn't that sounds a bit preposterous to you?

To use the example found in Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion, a celestial teapot is in orbit around Mars. However, it is SO small that even the most powerful telescopes are unable to see it. If you asked me to prove that it existed and I replied with "No, you prove to me that the celestial teapot DOESN'T exist," wouldn't that be slightly laughable?

The same thing can be said about your request.

*Sigh*

Oh and William Cooper was a kook. He's been debunked by Stanton Friedman.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least this guy made his homework. Obviously you haven't done yours.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love how people blame skeptics of being close-minded etc.

I personally want to believe, i visit this site regulary in the hope of finding some evidence. Although, after several years I havent seen one piece of solid proof. I'm still hopeful that one day i'll load this board up and there will be undeniable evidence but there hasnt been.

I'm believe aliens exist, but understand why others don't. I mean what's the most supportive piece of evidence of alien existance? I'd like to see it, because most of the so called "evidence" requires a jump of imagination.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Misidentification of unknown aerial phenomena.

Simply UNIDENTFIED.

No connection that points to the existence of E.Ts.

Again with no concrete evidence to support of other worldy beings or even CLEAR photographic and film/video evidence to support their claims. And this goes to the last 50 years of our modern history when these such evidence collection devices can be deployed in the field. (And if someone is going to come up with idiotic immaturish statements about how people KNOW earth was flat in the last 50 years out of their bunghole I'm gonna LMAO)

If they had CLEAR (non blurry, grainy, shaky dots) video/photograph evidence then I might go "hmmmmmm"

Then again if such evidence exist there's no telling how to link them to the existence of E.Ts, now would it?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Judging From what I have witnessed on Larry King as of Late; The Burden of Proof is now on the Non-believers.

Given the previously Abundance of Evidence collected (thanks to an abundance of cameras & the internet) - it is now their turn to prove that the evidence is not what it appears to be.

The ball is in their court now. Let's see how they fare.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

Oh and William Cooper was a kook. He's been debunked by Stanton Friedman.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
At least this guy made his homework. Obviously you haven't done yours.

Obviously, you haven't done yours.

That is such BS and I do not believe that is Stanton Friedman, anybody could register under the name and he only posted 1 time. lol

p.s. Evidence suggests William Cooper was setup and murdered.

"Evidence now coming forward indicates that the deputies report concerning Coopers death may have been falsified to coverup the cold blooded assassination of Bill Cooper by these Apache County Deputies."

William Cooper -
An unsolved mystery still lies behind the real events that took place during a shoot out battle between Bill Cooper and White Mountains Apache County Sheriff's Depart.
The autopsy report and deputies report does not jive and recently a 20 year homicide detective veteran , Craig Pradarelli, has been reviewing this case.
Following is his determination based off the autopsy report which he sent me.
Mary Sutherland

An hour long interview with Craig is available on
www.willimacooper.com... This covers the autopsy analysis in detail. I spent the entire hour with the host discussing the results of the autopsy.

The death is due, no one disputes this, to gun shot wound. There are a number of wound which could have killed him. But most definately the GSW which took out both ventricles of the heart. At that point there was nothing anyone could have done for him. The GSW to the head was arguably survivable, but doubtful.

Todays Show brought to light the unsolved mystery behind the death of William Cooper.
Bill Cooper died in a 'reported' gun battle with the Apache County Sheriffs Department in the White Mountains of Arizona.

Evidence now coming forward indicates that the deputies report concerning Coopers death may have been falsified to coverup the cold blooded assassination of Bill Cooper by these Apache County Deputies.

Craig M. Pradarelli, former 20 years plus veteran licensed private detective. determined, after reviewing the autopsy report, that Cooper was shot in the head at a distance of no more than 3 feet. He drew this conclusion based on the stippling .
The bullet entered through the area of the ear and then proceeded to travel "downwards", indicating the shooter may have been standing 'over' Cooper
Cooper was 6 ft. 2 inches and may have been in a kneeling position when he received this shot.
Craig found it interesting that the shot to the head was done before a shot to the heart as there was a geat deal of subarachnoid hematoma. He determined that the heart had to have been pumping for sometime for this to have occured.
One of the other shots took out both the left and right ventricles of the heart. Many seconds, after the head shot.

Craig's credentials are as follows :

Defense Investigator since 1980.
Founding Member of the Professional Association of Wisconsin Licensed Investigator
2 terms Board of Directors, 1 term Secretary
Vice President of Operations Great Lakes Loss Prevention, (Security & Investigative Firm)
Worked over 500 homicide cases.
Psychology Instructor, Western Wisconsin Technical College, Tomah, WIEducation:
4th semester student inch Medical Doctorate Program, MUA, Nevis
Studied Neuropsychological Assessment, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Studied Clinical Psychology, Cardinal Stritich University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Studied Criminal Justice, Northern Arizona University
BA, Psychology Lakeland College, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
( Minor Criminal Justice, Biology, Chemistry, Theology)
Numerous training certificates.

Full Story: www.burlingtonnews.net...

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join