It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS not working properly on Firefox.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I hope you're all good and well. It's a beautiful day here in England, the sun is shining and everything is sweet, except ATS isn't working properly on my firefox browser.

I've been using Firefox now for over a year. I've never had problems before using ATS on Firefox. However, in the last week everytime I log onto ATS using Firefox there's so much wrong.

I can't see any logos or icons on the home page. On the thread page, I can't see the "Post reply" icon or the "post new thread" icon.

I can't see the "flagthread" icon. I can't even see the blue stars. I can't even award people stars/points because I can't see the dam things. There are many things missing which is making it impossible for me to enjoy ATS.

I'm using Internet explorer right now, but the adverts are driving me crazy. I just can't enjoy the experience with all the flashing crap distracting me.

I've taken two screen shots, so you know what I'm talking about.

Please, please help me. Many thanks. Peace N love. Paul76

Screen print ofHomepage ATS, below.

i184.photobucket.com...

Screen print of ATS thread page. Notice the admissions?

i184.photobucket.com...

Notice on my print screens, the absence of graphics and other normal icons. I have no problems seeing Avatars.

I've sent a mail to ATS over Ten days ago concerning my problem. I failed to recieve an answer. So, I'm turning to the good members instead.

[edit on 26uSaturday08/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm using FireFox, and no probs so far. Maybe it's on your install or something. If so, I'm sure someone here can help you out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

there was an update for firefox, did you install it? i have no clue what the problem could be, thats about all i know. maybe try u2u to a mod, i bet they could help.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Hi paul glad it's a pretty there -- perhaps your computer is trying to tell you to get outside more and enjoy the day?

I'm using Firefox, here, and having no problem. I'd suspect that you perhaps have some type of browser software that's interfering with the site scripting? Might also want to scan for malware, or re-install Firefox.

Also, if the ads are annoying, realize that, although the T&C's prohibit using ad-blocker software, there's no requirement to install a Flash plug-in. Most Flash-based ads provide a static image substitute, if Flash isn't installed, that's much less annoying.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

this was posted before, i believe it has something to do with cookies being expired and needing to renew or refresh them

i only use mozilla and have never had problems

try search and see if you can find the thread i believe someone in detail wrote a solution to said problem

good luck

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Hello mate. Yes I did install the update and it was a little bit better. I did fix a few problems but I still have no graphics or icons.

[edit on 26uSaturday08/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry but its not Fire Fox that is the problem it's Fire Fox on your computer that is the problem.

Check your computer's security ie: Nortons Symantec, McAfee or Trend Micro PCillin.

Also if your Fire Fox has ABP install ( that would appear in top right corner of Fire Fox then it would block web content.

Rhain

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Hi Devil, thanks for that. I've just cleared all of my cookies and reinstated them for ATS. Is that the correct procedure? If I've done it correctly, then there's no difference.

I'm looking for that thread now. If can find that, then I should be sorted. Any idea on how long ago it was published?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I bet if you clear caches/cookies, etc., you'll be fine. A restart doesn't hurt either.

I'm using Firefox with no problems. When something loads weird I close the browser. If that doesn't do it then I clear the appropriate folders and shut down or restart.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What's the stop sign graphic on the upper right of your browser? Some sort of plug in?

Go to Tools, then Add-Ons and remove anything there that you don't absolutely need.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

i have had this happen to me, try restarting computer, then try what others have mentioned, sometimes a restart will fix it. no need to go on a wild goose chase if you dont need to.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Yes mate, I do have ABP installed. It never used to cause me problems before. Anyway, I've disabled it, to no avail.

I've cleard all cookies and renewed them, maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I've reinstalled firefox to no avail.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

If your problem persists then you need to check on your virus protection, such as Nortons Security. Nortons will recognize page buttons, links and icons as advertising and block them. Going into your preferences and adding ATS as a ok site may solve your issue.

In my job I must say that line 100's of times...customers want to blame the ISP but 99% of the time its their PC and its installed software that is the culprit.

(I work doing tech support for a major High Speed Internet provider)

Rhain

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not sure what it can be, but its not firefox.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm using Firefox too, but the only problem I've had is with my mouse. It seems to have trouble highlighting things. Could be my mouse is getting old too!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here are some things to check out. Either an apostrophe at the end of the url (which I didn't notice) or an extremely long url in a post or lots of emoticons?

It looks fine to me, though. (FireFox)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ha ha, I've sorted it out folks. I have to say thank you for putting me on the correct path. I sort of stumbled upon it, if I'm being honest. Anyway, it's good to be back on Firefox. I hate Explorer!

Anyway I fixed it by going into "Tools". Then I went into "options" tab. Then I went into "Content" tab. You'll see an option saying: "Load images automatically" and next to this "exceptions" I went into exceptions and cleared the cache. Now it works great.

It seems it was my own doing
As usual
It looks like I've been blocking the wrong things. I think I blocked "atsmedia" by mistake.

Anyway, the sun has receded, leaving me a red neck. It's a lot cooler now, thankGod. It's a beautiful evening, everything is now perfect.

Thank you folks for taking the time out to help me. I appreciate your efforts a lot. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.

Peace N love. Paul76

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Great news Paul76.

If we all work together, problems get solved.

Rhain

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Are you running that stupid "world clock" ? If so, remove it, it's bollocks.

ATS works better on explorer than it does on firefox.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

bad move saying you use Ad block on ATS
against TCs to use software to block adds

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join