It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone use a Canon DC210 DVD cam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Does anyone here have a Canon DC210 DVD video cam?

I'm having difficulties with mine. It's fairly new, purchased two months ago, and I'm having problems with multiple things.

So, looking to see if anyone has the same cam. Maybe I'm not smart enough to operate it, or there's an error.

In the mean time I'm going to surf the net for some help.

The problems I'm having are

1. Cannot finalize a disc, even though there is both video and pics on it. The option on the menu doesn't even light up.

2. I was able to finalize a disc when I first got the camera but it gave me a ton of trouble when in DVD format on the computer and after converting it to .avi in different attempts, it would skip in lots of places or not even have the audio attached to it.

I was using a program called Hand Brake.

handbrake.fr...

I'm using Fuji DVD-RW mini discs.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ok I figured out the finalizing part. It's not in the manual at all, which is annoying. It has to be plugged in via the power cable before any disc finalizing can be done.

However, I still have trouble with the actual video files on the computer once the disc is in the drive. The video stalls or skips, and sometimes the audio isn't there.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well you guys are no help.

lol

I finally figured it all out... but had to buy a program that would convert the funky Canon file types to another format.

join