It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I scored a 91!!! I missed the Dow's Average. Thought it was lower than it was. The average for my age group was 30. Most of the questions are covered by the news almost everyday...

Thanks, that was fun.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hahahaha. I got a 91 and I'm not an American. I am a pol junkie and news junkie though so I better be learning something. if the average American really is that ignorant, they deserve to spend some time cleaning floors with their tongues.

From what I've heard the Dutch are the most politically aware in the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Alright!!!!!! 97! Not bad for a high school drop out and a redneck. Also considering I dont own a tv, I think I did rather well for myself!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
97%

And I'm a Canadian

Better apply for a green card

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
Alright!!!!!! 97! Not bad for a high school drop out and a redneck. Also considering I dont own a tv, I think I did rather well for myself!!!

Sometimes I think not owning a TV may be a good thing! The internet has certainly proved itself to be a thousand times more vaulable, in terms of education, than a TV. Which is why, I assume, there is such a push to make the net a pay-per-site cash cow for the media corporations. I think they'll be surprised at just how much resistance there truly is to that idea.

Anyway, congrats on the 97! That's a good score for anybody, let alone a self-professed redneck!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yourrolemodel

ahahahah in all fairness the dow answer depends on what day u answer it

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I scored 83%. I'm a Canadian citizen, but I tend to follow American MSM and politics really closely. I feel that the things that happen in the US also effect the every day lives of those north of the border.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
got 12/12 and only got 97%

ok so i guessed mc cain and dow average thingy maybe a few points off for fliping a coin

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
23% 4 outta 12 I'm an american and yet I don't know jack about this crap. heck I just guessed at everything

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
76% and not a yankee

I thought that the Oprah things was a trick question and went for Jay Leno ... I knew it wasnt Rush ...

Bernanke had me stumped ... I picked Greenspan ... so 1/2 points??

Was only 2000 off on the industrial average ... but that is a trick question as well ... because it could be closer to 10,000 tomorrow!

Nice post

[edit on 28/7/08 by Horza]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Generally speaking, what you say is true: many foreigners would have little or no idea about US politics and political figures. However, foreigners (like me) who are also ATS members perhaps have a slightly different perspective from the "average" and follow US events more closely. I scored 12/12, but only got the answers to a couple of the questions because of my ATS reading and participation.

On the other side of it, I read recently that John McCain recently spoke of "Czechoslovakia" in the present tense, apparently unaware that the Czech and Slovak Republics have existed as separate entities since 1/1/1993.
I'd be interested to know how US politicians would do on a similar quiz, especially of world events.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
got 12/12 and only got 97%

No, you did great! The "97%" means that you scored better than 97% of Americans who participated in the original survey. In other words, you are in the top 3%.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Great thing to know what you don`t know

I am not a US citizen so I think 80% is quite okay.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I got 12/12, but honestly it's only because I try to read all the threads here at ATS. Every subject they made a question about has/had been covered here at ATS within the last month or so. It seemed like general knowledge stuff really.....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 7 out of the 12 possible questions, which means you did better on the quiz than 59% of the general public.

im aussie...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I scored a 83%.

I live in Canada.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i scored a 69% with 8 out of 12 correct answers.
i got the john mccain answer wrong, majority leader of us senate wrong, dow jones average wrong, and chairman of reserve board wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
11/12. Missed the last question about Serbia. Good little test. Thanks to the original poster.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by crudos]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am Canadian, I answered all 12 questions correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join