It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
lol i scored 48, but im quite bad at following the news and im not american.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Yep, in my opinion that is what the news is designed to do, to feed populations psychological gunk so that they get scared. And scared sheep are more easily herded.

Why should I care about knowing who got murdered 10 000 miles away or which new Disney starlet's career is being thrown into the toilet? Meanwhile, people I know die in crashes a few miles away and I don't even find out till a few days later. When you think about it the news system isn't really that important.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thanks, Lloyd, that was fun. Absolutely guessed on at least three..... managed to get them all. If the questions had been posed from the other direction i.e. "Who is Ben Bernecke"..... I would've missed several.

Will this be used as evidence that we're MSM sheeple?
I hope not. that would make me maa-aaa-aa-aaaaad.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
9 out of 12 or 76% for this UK boy

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
not bad even if the average is at 50 but i am german so guess it is a wonderful excuse

really love such quizzes

edit:
haven:t even heard of some of the guys mentioned in the quiz so how shall i "guess" their position
would be interested to have such a quiz for each nation and let the people take their homecounty-IQ

[edit on 27-7-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

76, and I'm French. I'm part-time journalist, that must have helped a lot.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 11 out of the 12 possible questions, which means you did better on the quiz than 91% of the general public."

Yay knowledge!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
11/12...and I'm Canadian! Come on ppl, national avg of 50%? no wonder Bush got his second term...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I scored 65, not too bad at all -- Maybe i should start to become active in these political forums....

Fox

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
7/12.

I occasionally read up on US politics here on ATS and that's about it.

So I'd like to credit all correctly answered questions to ATS and it's members. Thanks for keeping me informed!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes interesting.

Altough I'm not 100 % portuguese, I was born into a multicultural family and my father always encouraged me to watch foreign news TV stations.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I'm surprised the average score for age 18-29 is a tiny 30%! Once over 30, it seems like the score really shoots up. Have younger people never paid attention to the news or is this a new topic of concern?

I'd be interested to know the average ATS member score. I scored an 83%, 10/12, since I didn't know either of the Dem leadership positions.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I live in Canada and scored 97, admittedly I did guess at a couple of them.

Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 12 of the 12 possible questions along with approximately 3% of the public. You did better than 97% of the general public.

I think maybe I have to get out more

[edit on 27-7-2008 by shiftshaper]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
12 / 12 Go team oz!

(had to take a punt on Reid though)

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
12/12

We should make an ATS version.

Great idea, That would be nice. I would like to add:

Perhaps one's score coud be used as a "Qualifier" to post/reply on
certain threads. Like the rule for riding the "Tilt-O-Whirl" at the State Fair.
"You must be taller than this line to ride this ride"_________________

( Or is that what WATS is all about? )

That would eliminate lots of mindless posts. (Like most of mine.)

regards........kk

[edit on 27-7-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
hey i got 59 and im from the uk! maybe goes to show how much media we are exsposed to that contains content from the usa, i wonder if i would fair as well on topic about my own country? i love quiz's.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
12/12 - Canadian, from Toronto. Go figure

I must admit though, I'm a total news-hound.

It doesn't really surprise me that the national average is 50. In the past 20 years or so people have really tuned out. Unless it involves Britney, rehab, or Brangelina, a large segment of society couldn't care less. As Anonymous ATS pointed out, that certainly explains Bush's 2nd term.

I was channel flipping the other day and momentarily paused on a U.S. infotainment program just in time to hear "Up next, we'll tell you which gold medal winning Olympian just got botox!!". If my TV wasn't so heavy, it would have went flying over my balcony.
THIS is what's being peddled to the masses as pseudo news.

Keep 'em distracted and entertained! People are much less dangerous that way.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Nyteskye]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'd say the members at ATS forums are well above the curve when it come to being knowledgeable about politics, current events, and the World in general. This is a testament to the saying "Everyone has something to offer".

I know I've personally learned a lot, even from members I frequently disagree with. I try not to disregard anyone's input until I do the research myself, which only increases my own knowledge. So in the end, it's all good!

Thanks to ATS and all it's members for helping me become more aware of the world around me.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Thanks to ATS and all it's members for helping me become more aware of the world around me.

I completely agree. Aside from the "There's an alien in my bathtub" type posts, I find ATS to be an incredible source of information and insight. This site, and a good portion of it's posting members, have really opened my eyes to alot of what goes on in the world.

It's a great thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I missed one! Dang the Dow Jones! Then again I am broke so why would I know about the Dow Jones? Thanks for posting this quiz. Very entertaining and informative. I found it interesting to look at the averages for age groups, education and sex. Why the vast difference between men and women? It's a little scary how ignorant our society is of what is important and going on around them. Even the college graduates had a 63%. That's sad.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join