It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
11/12, never follow the market indexes so I didn't know the Dow Jones avg. The average scores are laughable, pathetic, and don't seem to apply to our members.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
10/12, 83%. Male and 18 years of age. That was actually pretty easy. Except for the Dow Jones question. I never really paid attention to the stock market.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
97 for me that was easy....I wonder how I didnt get 100.....I got all 12 of 12 correct...

[edit on 26-7-2008 by mybigunit]

because the top 3% all got 12/12 so we are "tied" for first place

and to the poster 2 or 3 above mybigunit, your right it was exceptionally easy if your a news junkie like us

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
11/12 the dow jones answer is out of date. it is closer to 12,000 than 10,000 now... so.. i will say to all those that know that is the one that had to have given them a problem.. you win! 12/12

and i find the national ave. VERY VERY sad

ps 28 male

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I scored 69. I'm kind of surprised I did better than the national average (50) because until recently, I didn't watch/read much news.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

and to the poster 2 or 3 above mybigunit, your right it was exceptionally easy if your a news junkie like us

That would be me, and all I'm asking is that those who are interested take the test, look at their specifc results and THEN BACK UP in their browser where you can see the boxes you actually selected.

I'm suggesting this as THREE OUT OF THREE TIMES the results did not match what the Pew test said was selected. Which is waaaay more interesting than a bunch of strangers chiming in with what their supposed score was...

The few who did not have perfect scores can, if they still have the window open, GO BACK and see if it matches. If it doesn't CLOSE THE WINDOW RELAUNCH THE BROWSER and TAKE IT AGAIN using different demo info.

The 'test' only takes 30 secs, so what do you have to lose?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I got 11/12.

I got the DOW average one wrong.

Not bad for a 16 year old Australian.

[edit on 27/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by LLoyd45

I scored a 35 and the national average is 50.
Time for me to break open a newspaper, it looks like.

hehe 48, but I had to guess at least 5 answers. I dont particularly find much of interest in who does what in the US govt.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Heh, i did this test. I got number 48 and average is 50 at my age. Now i am not american and i dont know alot but guite alarming if peoples that actually live in that country is getting same as me.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoitsu
Heh, i did this test. I got number 48 and average is 50 at my age. Now i am not american and i dont know alot but guite alarming if peoples that actually live in that country is getting same as me.

Actually Im not sure its such a big deal. What does following the news really do? It keeps you updated about current events, yes, but it most likely also makes you feel sad, depressed, angry etc.

So I understand people who dont watch the news. I dont watch them myself. This is personal choice. I could very well watch the news if I felt the information was worth the negative feelings. But I dont.

I dont need to know about the rapes, murders, political lies, celebrities and so on. It just causes me to feel a lot of negative feelings.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I avoid the TV and newspaper news...all my news comes from ATS.....

I scored a 55......

.....I really thought Hugo Chavez was the President of Mexico though

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hehehe I got 76 and I'm a 17 year old, portuguese guy, living in Portugal.

Amazing I got above the american average.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
only wrongs are about naming some obcure politician and chairman and mccains state

cool quizz
thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
76 and im from the u.k.

i should read less news i think.

pewresearch.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
pewresearch.org...

i hope this link works, the second least known question is how many u.s. troops have died in iraq, thats worrying. more people are aware about the dow jones!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

Three Portuguese took the test, the three scored 76%, now that is interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
97%

21, College graduate in the Netherlands.

Some friends of mine went studying in America (as exchange students) and they laughed so badly about the US education system as the level is nothing close to the level here in the Netherlands and Germany.

Here in Europe, people generally call Americans stupid. I have just come back from 3 months of Czech Republic where I met many Americans. Friendly fellas and when it comes to respect towards, I think we can learn much here in Europe from Americans, but many Americans are indeed plain stupid.

One woman from Tennessee thought she saw the American flag in Prague, while it actually was the Czech flag. An ex-colleague of mine told me her student didn't even know Aristoteles. This colleague looked at her like are you kidding me. The American girl then answered: ''Im just a stupid American girl''. This colleague then told me that entire parts of European history are not taught in american text books, which explains why she didn't know Aristoteles.

Anyhow, I don't blame them, as it is the government that should make education available to everyone and maintain the quality of it.

The results of this test show, however, why America acts the way it does.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
48% and im only 16 and british
but i kinda dont understand i answered 1/2 of them right so i should have 50 the national average

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I scored 35.

For a European ho has no TV, I think it´s not bad.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I got 10 out of 12- darn Dow Jones question!

That was fun- thanks for posting it!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join