It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This quiz just goes to show, we all can learn something to learn about the World around us. Thanks for all your replies.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz
Yer I forgot Greenspan retired, dohh

Worse, I remembered he retired and STILL chose the wrong guy!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
76th percentile at 9/12. I'm portuguese and not in the US. Go figure.

Like a poster has said before, this was probably due to a good memory and some lucky guesses, although I am somewhat up to speed with US politics. You need to keep a close eye on your enemies and an even closer one on your friends...

Was fun, thx for the link.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I kind of reacted to the question about American deaths in Iraq... would be nice with some real numbers and not government censored numbers.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I kind of reacted to the question about American deaths in Iraq... would be nice with some real numbers and not government censored numbers.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Copernicus]

I think the real numbers are probably much worse, but you won't hear about them anytime soon I imagine. It's time to go home and rebuild our own country in my opinion.

We have more than enough to do here in the US to keep our government busy for the next decade or two.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by styxxz
Yer I forgot Greenspan retired, dohh

Worse, I remembered he retired and STILL chose the wrong guy!

LOL

I failed badly with the region that declared its independence from Serbia. I thought it was Bosnia

And the only lucky guess I got was the amount of killed US soldiers in Iraq. So technically I really only got 5 out of 12...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I got 10/12 for a score of 83. I could have swore the Dow was closer to 10,000 than it was to 12,000. Ah well,

Good test.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
76 and I'm Canadian, and I'm only 18 hahaha

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

i scored 76 some were just guesses, not bad for a country lass from ulster

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I didn't miss a question, which honestly I would never consider myself "up" or "in the know" on the news. I read the headlines nearly everyday, but I never watch the TV news. When I saw the overall averages I was shocked to see how low the scores ranged. Maybe I am in the top 97% of American's (or those who took the quiz) when it comes to basic knowledge. However, the question I have is how drastically would my score and everyone else's drop if this poll was fill in the blank? I would still be well over 50% for sure but at least two questions I had to think about and choose what I thought was the best of two possible answers. Fun post!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I scored a 69. (8 of 12)

I'm canadian.

I don't watch TV.

I don't care too much about america.

Yet, i can't avoid reading about the US when researching world issues. I shouldn't have been able to score that high.

Kinda disappointing.

Really disappointing for americans who can't beat my score.

Cool test!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

& i dont have cable

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
11/12, or 91.

I hadn't been paying too much attention to the stock market and thought the Dow was hovering just under 11,000 and guessed it closer to 10,000. Oops.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This Highschool graduate just got 69%, oh yeah, I knew greenspan wasn't in anymore DOH!
The only news I watch is The Colbert Report and BBC, but to tell you the truth I couldn't care less who these idiots in this questionaire are, as long as I know the administration sucks.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by starvingartist]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

9/12 or 76 it says, not bad for Canuck.....EH?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

spent less than 10 seconds on each one - some less than 5 seconds
missed 1 - the # of troops killed in Iraq

Nice quiz - kind of a "man on the street" type of questions

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

1. Is Condoleezza Rice: The U.S. Secretary of State Correct 70
2. Followers of the two major branches of Islam are seeking political control in Iraq. One branch is the Shi'a, whose members are known as Shiites. Can you name the other one? The Sunni Correct 62
3. Since the start of military action in Iraq, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed? Around 4,000 Correct 28
4. Do you happen to know what state U.S. Senator John McCain represents in Congress? Arizona Correct 56
5. Do you happen to know the name of the current majority leader of the U.S. Senate? Harry Reid Correct 24
6. Do you happen to know which political party has a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives? Democrats Correct 70
7. What is the name of the talk show host who has campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama? Oprah Winfrey Correct 84
8. Is Hugo Chavez the President of: Venezuela Correct 50
9. Do you happen to know if the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently closer to: 12,000 Correct 31
10. Can you name the chairperson of the Democratic National Committee? Howard Dean Correct 40
11. Do you happen to know who is chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board? Ben Bernanke Correct 35
12. Which of the following recently declared its independence from Serbia? Kosovo Correct 46

I was shocked to see the national average at 50.

AAC

It's a bell curve, the average is always going to be 50.

I scored an 83.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Casew]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I missed two which put me at 83%. The two that stumped me were the Dow Jones and Serbia questions. You always have intriguing and informative posts Lloyd.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
48 - not surprisingly I got all the non US questions right and didn't do so well on questions about talk show hosts and heads of committees I've never heard of!

Edit: I actually got 6/12 - so how do they calculate I got less than average?

(I guess the questions may be slightly weighted?)

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
6 out of 12.. and, I am an American
48%

I just don't really care much about politics or government. I managed to graduate from an ivy league school without taking a class in either.

I'm a goverment/politics dummy :-D

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join