It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How much do you really know about prominent people and current events? Do you think you're more or less informed than the average persont? Take this simple test and find out! I scored a 97, how about you?

PEW New IQ Test

pewresearch.org — To test your knowledge of prominent people and major events in the news, we invite you to take our short quiz. Then see how you did in comparison with 1,003 randomly sampled adults asked the same questions. On average, respondents could correctly answer approximately six out of twelve questions.

Note:Text

The quiz is geared towards America politics and current events, but don't let that keep you from participating.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I scored a 35 and the national average is 50.
Time for me to break open a newspaper, it looks like.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I scored 59 which is above average, and im not an American, I dont follow the news and I have no interest in politics whatsoever.

I think I managed to answer most of the questions correctly because of my decent memory.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

12/12 Lloyd. Puts me in that 97th percentile. Have we won something? Wondering if the questions are the same every time.

I had Q's about Sunni's the Fed reserve chairman.

Overall not bad. I wonder how many will take this. It only takes 2 minutes.

Nice post.

Becker

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I scored a 35 and the national average is 50.
Time for me to break open a newspaper, it looks like.

I'm surprised I did as well as I did. A couple of the questions I really had to think about.

Thanks for the reply AshleyD

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I scored an 84, can't believe I missed 2! Great test thanks for posting it!
What did you get Lloyd?

Never mind, I see that you posted yours, I must have missed it!

[edit on 26-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

12/12 Lloyd. Puts me in that 97th percentile. Have we won something? Wondering if the questions are the same every time.

I had Q's about Sunni's the Fed reserve chairman.

Overall not bad. I wonder how many will take this. It only takes 2 minutes.

Nice post.

Becker

I had trouble with the Dow average, and believe it or not, which state John mcCain represented. LOL

I'm not really a McCain supporter, and very rarely look at the stock market reports. Thanks for playing Becker44.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well I only got 6 out of 12. I'm not an American, that's my excuse

OP, you should of indicated that this is a US news IQ test.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I got 12/12, but two of them were lucky guesses at best!
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by styxxz

You did better then the average American though according to the results
Figures! Good Job Styxx!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just a note: it should be specified beforehand that this quiz is more for Americans: non-Americans, for the most part, will have no idea of which state McCain represents or which talk-show host backed Obama and a few more like that. As it may be important for Americans to know this, it isn't for non-Americans. Not trying to denigrate this in any way; it's just reality.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

which state John mcCain represented. LOL

I am a resident of the State McCain represents so I guess that was an advantage. I'm with you on Mccain but I see no other viable candidate.

Becker

edit to remove state name.

link   
reply to post by styxxz

As lateapexer said, you still did better than the average American participant! Thanks for posting.

link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I missed the Dow Jones Average question and ack! I actually missed the question about our troop deaths, I thought the death toll was around 3400
Shame on me!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I missed the Dow Jones and the Federal Reserve Chairman. I should have had the second one. I've even posted about him! Argh! But it does show that my weakness in the economy.

Gosh, I hope that doesn't come back to bite me!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I scored 59 which is above average, and im not an American, I dont follow the news and I have no interest in politics whatsoever.

I think I managed to answer most of the questions correctly because of my decent memory.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Copernicus]

i scored 59 as well and am not american (which is prety good congiderin they where all about american politics. i watch the daily show and the colbert report abd thats about it.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by tylerc25211]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

1. Is Condoleezza Rice: The U.S. Secretary of State Correct 70
2. Followers of the two major branches of Islam are seeking political control in Iraq. One branch is the Shi'a, whose members are known as Shiites. Can you name the other one? The Sunni Correct 62
3. Since the start of military action in Iraq, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed? Around 4,000 Correct 28
4. Do you happen to know what state U.S. Senator John McCain represents in Congress? Arizona Correct 56
5. Do you happen to know the name of the current majority leader of the U.S. Senate? Harry Reid Correct 24
6. Do you happen to know which political party has a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives? Democrats Correct 70
7. What is the name of the talk show host who has campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama? Oprah Winfrey Correct 84
8. Is Hugo Chavez the President of: Venezuela Correct 50
9. Do you happen to know if the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently closer to: 12,000 Correct 31
10. Can you name the chairperson of the Democratic National Committee? Howard Dean Correct 40
11. Do you happen to know who is chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board? Ben Bernanke Correct 35
12. Which of the following recently declared its independence from Serbia? Kosovo Correct 46

I was shocked to see the national average at 50.

AAC

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I missed the Dow Jones and the Federal Reserve Chairman. I should have had the second one. I've even posted about him! Argh! But it does show that my weakness in the economy.

Gosh, I hope that doesn't come back to bite me!

You still did well above average, Good Job BH! I'm surprised I had to guess about McCain, that should've been a given! I knew the answer was southwestern anyway. LOL

link   
I only missed one. As it turns out, I am not up to snuff on my Eastern European geography.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thanks muchly, same for LLoyd
You get a star each

Yer I forgot Greenspan retired, dohh

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join