It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Barack Obama so popular?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomsday2012
reply to post by Republican08

Every republican in the country should be in jail with Bush and Cheney!! Big money is the only reason for being a republican!

Sounds like something that would be spoken out of the mouth of Hitler.
People like you are why this countries people don't get along anymore. Its one thing to be political competitive, but statements like that are just plain horrible.

We need to unite regardless of what happens, that's what made this country so strong to begin with. Look at everything following the Civil War, quite amazing imo.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomsday2012
Barack Husein Obama
Need I say more? Look at his name people!!! He is the enemy!!! He is where he is right now because he is a clear speaking black man. Oh wait!! He's not black, he's a freaking Muslim!!! He is just like the other towel heads! There's something sinister about this guy!!!!! I hate Republicans, and I hate Towel heads!! I'm not voting this time!!!

Who the hell cares what his name is its just a name it doesnt affect how he would do his job. dont get me wrong i dont like Obama either but its no because his skin colour or his name its because i don think hes right for the job.

and whats wrong with muslims their people too just like you and me why do you feel like you have to be discriminative against them you are seriously out of order there mate.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
the reasons why Obama is popular are many reasons.one is that he is black and its a historical time and change.another is that he says he is going to change things of which the people actually wont.not sure why people beleive this guy be he is uder useless to become a president.dont vote for him just cause he is a different race.you should vote for him for the right reason.i dont want this to be a racial thing cause i am not a raciest.

but here is the thing.he is a flip flopper.if anyone has paid enough attention to him you would know what i am talking about and its happen more then once and more then 2 times.says he is going to do something and then decides to change his mind about it.tell me,would you really want someone in office that decides to change their mind on something they tell you that they are going to do and not get it done?i really dont like Obama he reminds me way to much of John Kerry.kind of funny how John Kerry is the one that talked him into running for president.

in my opion there is not a good running canadiate for president and hasnt been for over 40 years.seriously come on now.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Why do people keep fixating on his skin colour its not going to affect how he does his job.

E.g. "is America ready for a black president" why do i keep hearing this aswell who cares what his skin colour is hes still going to lead america down a bad road even if he is caucasian or ethnic.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I like McCaine. He would be a good fishing buddy. I don't like Obama. He would not like to fish. I would never vote for McCaine as he is not very smart and is in the pocket of big oil. Obama is an intellectual and understands concepts McCaine has never understood. I vote for the smart guy because we have tried having an idiot presisent for 8 years and it has ruined our county.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

What Bush is an idiot

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crow618[/i

in my opion there is not a good running canadiate for president and hasnt been for over 40 years.seriously come on now.

ye i think thats also true and i think America is a disaster waiting to happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by alexenia

I don't think you have a clue about anything.. Can you even vote? I'm not usually critical of people, though you really showed ignorance and stupidity. I don't care for mccain or obama, but atleast I know about them and not just repeating what some other idiot says about them. Do some research. Stoip being ignorant.

Thats a bit harsh you dont have to completely rip the persons head off have a bit of respect for each other.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Because Barack is change! At least as far as skin color goes, which is all voters look at.

Voters usually vote on how a candidate looks, not on their policies. This is why short people never become president, and ugly malformed people never become president.

Policy-wise, Obama does not represent change whatsoever. But looks-wise, Obama is HUGE change, we've had 42 white presidents in a row - and now we can finally have a black one. That is the change he represents - a new skin color. That's it.

That's why he's popular. Because American's want "change" - and since appearance is all they care about, Barack IS change.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well im sorry but i think American people care more about their policies rather than their looks

and its a bit shallow if that is all they care about but i seriously doubt it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
Well im sorry but i think American people care more about their policies rather than their looks

and its a bit shallow if that is all they care about but i seriously doubt it.

Of course, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. There are people that care about policies and not looks, like me. I'm sure there are others like me.

But how many young women have you heard swooning over Obama saying "ooohh he's sooo attractive... I am sooooo voting for him!"

I personally have heard about 9 women say that in real life, or something very similar.

We live in a society where importance is placed on looks, and nothing else. How many times have we seen a celebrity berated on the news or in the tabloids because they got plastic surgery, or because they gained a few pounds? Too many times to count.

Presidential candidates are not immune to this rationality.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by ADisbeliever]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join