It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran now has 6,000 centrifuges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Report: Iran now has 6,000 centrifuges

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Saturday that Iran now possesses 6,000 centrifuges, machines used to enrich uranium, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.farsnews.com
www.philly.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fortress Iran is Virtually Impregnable to a Successful Invasion
Iran ends cooperation with UN nuclear arms probe

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It would seem that the so-called beast has been pretty productive. However, in the light of another statement made today that they would in fact IMPROVE the relationship with IAEA it's hard to jump to any conclusions.

Iran to boost cooperation with IAEA

Iran is lead by an agressive president, yes. But we still have to give them the benefit of the doubt until tangible evidence emerges.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Thanks.

This thread did not come up in a search.

Here is an additional recent source:news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AhrraBPZVwdF5Jmbvpvpm5cUewgF

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran is running more than 5,000 centrifuges for enriching uranium, its president was quoted as saying on Saturday, suggesting continued expansion of a nuclear program the West suspects is aimed at making bombs.

"Today, we have more than 5,000 active centrifuges," state television quoted President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as saying.

The U.N. nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said in May that Tehran had 3,500 uranium enrichment centrifuges working at its Natanz facility in central Iran.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by kerontehe]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
At least Ahme wasn't lying about their goal back in april, and the whole talk about them wanting to be friends with IAEA might be able to confirm that he's not just boasting or spreading propaganda.

Does this put him in a better light? Not really... But I still don't think either side should make any fast moves here yet.

A previous thread told how Iran hasn't made a first move in 1000 years, and that's worth taking into consideration too.
Of course should the statement that they want to cooperate be a sham with the purpose of holding us off to get some weapons ready, then I would say that diplomacy doesn't suffice anymore.

I would like to spend some hours inside Ahme's head and see what's driving his course in this endevour.
- Pure national defense? In these days the only thing that seems to keep superpowers away is the presence of nuclear force (or trade deals)
- Just making the statement "stop pushing us... the oil is ours to control, and stay out of eastern politics to begin with"?
- Or does this 6000th centrifuge mean that maybe oil simply isn't their choice of energy anymore? The nuclear power would leviate some of the spendature in the homeland and instead they could sell out the "saved" oil to forreigners and make a bundle...?

Anyways, as long as they haven't been showing photos of Ahme standing in front of a missile silo with the title "See what I have made!", I think the western world is still safe.
There's no need to create fear or hate based on news that could simply be portraying a more independent Iran.

[edit on 26/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
this whole thing is simple economics. if iran has nuclear power they can sell more oil because they will use less of their own. they sell more oil the better off they are.

if they ask for US help with nuke power they have to submit to global interferance in their government and economy.

the US dosnot want an independant iran, and seeks to destroy them so the globalist domination agenda can continue.

it is absolutely suicidal to think iran would try and create a nuke to attack israel or the US. they would be wiped off the face of the earth. this is about economic power, just like iraq was and is.

this is october 2002 all over again, and the world is full of idiots.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Yes, that would be my uneducated assumption too.

I still don't understand how we were lead to believe that Iran actually poses a global threat. The whole situation reaks of 2 clicks in the schoolyard, one in a hateful but passive mood, the other in a righteous and very active mood.

I for one am at a point where I don't know which of the sides to laugh off.
"My hockey stick is bigger and bad'er"
-"Oh really, well I only show mine if you mean it!"
"Cool, meet you in Iraq during next lunch hour"
"Fine..."
First kid gets detention and the other kid spends lunch hour in science class.

To be honest I hope that they cooperate with IAEA and IAEA gives thumbs up. That would certainly lower the tension a bit and it would show the true colors of pursuing a campaign against the middleeast.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, HATE, HATE, HATE...

Neo-Con #1:"You see this? Those EYE-Ranians have 6,000 Centrifuges!!"

Neo-Con #2:"6000 Centrifuges?? What the hell are they?"

Neo-Con #1:"I dunno but these sand rats have 6,000 of them!!!"

Neo-Con #2:"6000?!? My god... who knows what they can do with those things!"

Neo-Con #1: "Precisely, those towelheads are in for it! TO THE B-52's!"

That's essentially what I got from that article.
Another smear campaign to pain the Iranians in dark tones.

Seriously this whole anti-Iranian propaganda campaign is about as effective as somebody riding around in a Cadillac with a megaphone going: "Invade EYE-RAN, Invade EYE-RAN!"

We were sold the same lemon about Iraq.

All that "Clear and Present Danger" crap. Iraq has chemical weapons. Iraq has a Nuclear programme. Iraq can a launch a chemical attack on the US within 45 minutes notice. Saddam was feeding people into shredders...

You remember that garbage?
And now look, no WMD's, no links to Al-Qaeda, no shredders even (www.spectator.co.uk...) NO nothing!

WAKE UP and smell what Bush is shovelling into your faces people!

[edit on 26/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Iran just announced that they were halting cooperation with the IAEA. That does not help their case at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Israel have also announced that they will not cooperate with the IAEA and will not allow any inspections to be performed on their covert Nuclear Facilities.
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.spectator.co.uk...

They have also repeatedly announced to the world that they don't have Nuclear weapons.

See my point?

Prioritise your attention.

The man with a knife or the old lady littering? Your choice.

[edit on 26/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Actually they just retracted that statement and said it was hogwash through intrepretations... they in fact want to strengthen the relationship with IAEA:

Iran to boost cooperation with IAEA

That... helps their case.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Excellently put!
The more we the public are reminded that someone is a bad guy the more we start to believe in it. Remember, Ahme might make outrageous statements to the world, but also remember that he's is just a simple plain man who responds to a certain type of rethoric with the closest kind of rethoric he can get to.
The good ol' poke a man with a stick and one day he'll turn and crush you and that stick... or die trying. All we gotta do is ask... why the hell were you poking that man with a stick in the first place?

top topics

join