It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The result of this election is pretty much already sealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We are offered 2 completely different visions and I think most people have already made up their mind. ATS campaign activists from both sides are just wasting their breath in my opinion.

Obama will get the votes from the most liberal, those with vision of hope and reconciliation. Those who want that we worry less about wars and more about making things better at home. young voters, women and minorities are most likely to support him.

And McCain well, for more years of the same thing Bush started. But for many policies dont really matter, they are mostly those who vote out of fear and misunderstanding.

We should simply accept our differences and stop flaming trolling these boards, the minds are already set.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes McCain is gonna roast obama. He's just a hair behind in the polls, heck conservatives HATE McMuffin-McCain. But when they get united after a conservative VP, its over for Obama and polls show that.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by soup_sandwich

Well, you could very well be right, soup

Personally - i hope you're not, but that's just me.

But if im going to use anything as my platform for 'hope' is going to be this:

Republicans complain that MSM gives too much attention to Obama, and not enough to mccain.

They complain about mccain.
they complain about obama. Fine, opinion is an opinion.
HOWEVER, if the MSM has as much influence as republicans claim (because they say the media is responsible, 100%, for mccains ticket, and obama's sucess)

then i dont see how McCain stands a chance, what so ever

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i know im right. Bush is the most hated president ever. Obama should be winning bye 15-20 points. He isnt. Hes in trouble.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I haven't seen any polls that show a Conservative VP would "unite" the base

I have seen polls showing that 14% of McCain supporters are "excited" for his candidacy, compared to 40% of Obama supporters. What that means is pretty clear - Voter turnout will not be as high for McCain as it could be. Evangelical voters (who put Bush in office, twice) in particular are not going to turn out in masses for McCain.

If you want real analysis of the election, I suggest visiting FiveThirtyEight.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Dukakis, ALGORE, and John Kerry all had higher leads in the polls before the convention than Obama.

Obama is in trouble. Just like people don't want Hollywood starts telling them who to vote for. They don't want the media to decide for them either. The media has already selected Obamaas President of the United States, and the general public is going to throw it back in their face by electing McCain.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Al Gore won the election too

It's funny to say the media is biased towards Obama, when quite frankly McCain should be happy given all the gaffes he's made recently that are not getting any coverage.

The media seems to want to prolong the race out with no winner until the election - Just yesterday on CNN their poll had Obama up by 3, compared to the most recent Gallup and Rasmussen polls which have him up by 6 and 5 points.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think the choice is between becoming a servant of the State or leaving the State as the servant of the People.
Forced volunteerism is an oxymoron, but that is what Obama is calling for.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Name one way Obama is "forcing" volunteerism?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Al Gore won the election too

I'll bet that if I ask you what state cost ALGORE the election, you would say Florida.

Did you know ALGORE's homestate was Tennessee? Did you know ALGORE lost his homestate? The people that he represented didn't vote for him. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Forget Florida...If ALGORE wins his homestate, which should be a given in any national election, Florida does not matter.

Back to the subject: The 2000 election was pretty much already sealed also, but the silent majority rose up, just like they will this time.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
All the poll are lies.

Insane Mccain will be our president!
Bush and Chaney did not work 8 years to destroy America just to turn all thier hard work to Obama, to undue everything.

There is no elections people.
This election was bought by the oil Co. and Wall Street.

We dont have a say in our Country anymore, only the Corperations run this Country.

Watch your back, the Government is turning againce the people.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And George W. Bush didn't win Connecticut where he was born. So what?

I understand what you're saying. I hate to tell you this, but she's not alone. I'm here to tell you, if either of these two guys [McCain or Huckabee] get the nomination, it's going to destroy the Republican Party, it's going to change it forever, be the end of it. A lot of people aren't going to vote. You watch.

-Rush Limbaugh

If he's our candidate, then Hillary's going to be our girl. Because she's more conservative than he is. I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism. ... I absolutely believe that. ... I will campaign for her if it's McCain.

-Ann Coulter

Speaking as a private individual, I would not vote for John McCain under any circumstances.

-James Dobson

John McCain's statement in favor of keeping troops in Iraq for
100 years or longer puts him out of sync with the majority of
Americans, who want our troops to come home. Further, his
comments recklessly put America at risk as such a statement will
likely serve as a recruiting tool for Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, who
appeal to radicals and incite violence against Americans by
claiming that the US desires to occupy the Middle East
indefinitely.

-Ron Paul

True conservatives who want small government and cutting needless spending have a real option to vote for this year: His name is Bob Barr.

Polls including Barr and Nader on the ballot have Obama up by something like 11 points. And they're going to be on the ballot in most, if not all, states.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And George W. Bush didn't win Connecticut where he was born. So what?

George W. Bush registered to run for President as a resident of Texas. The same state he represented as Governor. So his homestate was Texas. ALGORE happened to be born in Tennessee, represented Tennesse in the US Senate, and he also registered to run for President as a resident of Tennessee.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
apology for accidental double post

[edit on 27-7-2008 by himself]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
accidental triple post (no idea what happened/storm killed power while I was posting, so I just went outside) again/ my apology

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I haven't seen any polls that show a Conservative VP would "unite" the base

I have seen polls showing that 14% of McCain supporters are "excited" for his candidacy, compared to 40% of Obama supporters. What that means is pretty clear - Voter turnout will not be as high for McCain as it could be. Evangelical voters (who put Bush in office, twice) in particular are not going to turn out in masses for McCain.

If you want real analysis of the election, I suggest visiting FiveThirtyEight.

Condeleeza Rice could excite the (R) base.

Siphon off black bigots' votes from Obama.
Give former Hillary supporters new hope a woman CAN be President.
(end to "old boys' network"

Condi can make Obama a loser in every way and when John McCain's age takes it's toll;
She can be our first woman President and our second black President.
(Warren G Harding 'passed for white' until exposed shortly before his "untimely" death. )

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i predict a liberal globalist is going to win the election.
so that narrows it down to obama or mccain.
either way im right.
real conservatives are cursing under their breath about this election.
time is short crooks!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by jmdewey60

Name one way Obama is "forcing" volunteerism?

still waiting....

second line

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by himself

I've thought all along that, with growing backlash of Hillary voters against the DNC following the primaries, all McCain really needs to do to win this election is just select a conservative woman to be his VP. If he can pull even with Obama among women, and I think he would if he did that, you could turn the lights out: this election would be over and McCain would win in a landslide. However...if he waits too long and Obama beats him to the punch by putting Hillary or another female Dem on the ticket, it won't have the same effect. He needs to do it now if he's going to.

The question, of course, is whether or not he'd do it. At any rate, he's probably going to need to take a 'risk' or two if he wants to win this election and not just stay close.

For my part, I think Condoleezza Rice would be an outstanding choice as well.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Are you an Obama fan?
Do you listen to his speeches?
He talks about sacrifice, what do you think he means?
He is not going to come right out and say "You must volunteer, or die."
He is wanting to set up a mandatory two year "service" for every eighteen year old.
You have to do that, or join the military.
Do you ever listen to the news or pay attention to what is going on around you?
I laugh at all democrats who do not realize Obama is a neo-con.
The con is on you.
He already says he has no intention of reducing the military budget, even if we leave Iraq.
I am amazed at all the self delusion in your party.
You are not even being fooled.
He comes out and says what he wants.
The end of America and turning it into a taxation region.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join