It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want To Believe! X-files Getting Slagged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I just couldn't muster the energy (not to mention the 10 bucks) to get my fat lard behind to motivate for tonight's opening of x-Files: Part Deux.

But, being 2008, I knew where to go first...

The LOS ANGELES TIMES! The one place I knew would do awesome take-downs on Fox and Scully.

Normally I wouldn't suggest you take the time to read this review. If you want to see this movie like I do, go see it and don't take this loser's word.

I just expected this movie to get bad reviews in the rags.

Here's the review to not read: www.calendarlive.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So I sucked it up and went to see it last night.

Now I can tell why it got so slagged. This was poor timing for this version of X-files. This would have made a decent 4th or 5th installment.

Does anyone here know about the future of the Xfiles and Chris Carter? Part 3? I dont' know, man, this one seemed to be headed in the right direction, but ran out of money on the budget to realize these subplots. Instead we were left with a fox/scully love fest. Californixfileation.

Duchovney- put your penis away!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that Scully's voice has changed from the series? It sounds all high-pitched in this movie........ Confusing......

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
Did anyone else notice that Scully's voice has changed from the series? It sounds all high-pitched in this movie........ Confusing......

She's has lived in London for some time now. May have something to do with an accent rubbing off on her.

When X-Files 9: I am really, really trying hard to still believe premieres, she'll probably sound like Julia Child.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm going to the cinema today
Still trying to decide wether to go to The dark knight or X-files
The ATS in me screams that i should go see X-files but i hear that there is no Alien/Ufo involvment in the movie at all?
If so i think i'll skip seeing it in the cinema alltogther

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

I'm praying that you went to see Dark Knight.

I can't give any Xfiles away... but I will say I found DK to be fully impressive... XFiles will just frustrate the inner ATS in you.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

It's also getting terrible box office receipts. It only cost $30 million, so Fox will get their money back on international box office numbers. I don't think there will be an X Files 3.

Edited to add

[edit on 7/31/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
thanks for the heads up. I was gonna go see the x-files movie but after reading this thread I'm having second thoughts.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So my feeling is right about this and Mulder/Scully do get together in this? I wish they'd focus on the UFO angle... but then again season 8 and 9 got to be pretty unbeliaviable for me. Looks like Chris Carter gives the shippers what they want eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When does the new star trek movie come out?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Star Trek comes out in May of 2009. I can't wait to see the new take on the old crew.

The only way for the X File franchise to stay alive would be direct to DVD. The fan base would support it, but the budgets would have to be low.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I cannot even begin to say how disappointed and let down I felt when only half way through this movie. I kept hoping at some point it would become something better than a movie version of CSI or some other crime drama but sadly it never redeemed itself and turned into anything even remotelyl resembling a film worthy of bearing the words X-Files anywhere in its title.

I wanted my money and my time back when this was over and I wanted to throttle whoever was responsible for thinking this was a satisfactory follow up after making us wait an eternity for this poor excuse of a sequel. :shk:

I have not been this disappointed in a film in so long.... I can't even remember when.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the implication that George Bush was gay in this movie?
A scene where Mulder + Scully are waiting in a corridor at the FBI offices (towards the start of the movie) is very telling.

Tell me if you think I'm reading too much into this, but the camera shows GWB's photo, then J. Edgar Hoover's, then Mulder + Scully look at each other. Another interpretation could be "haven't things changed since Hoover," but I'm more inclined to believe the former, especially after reading Skolnicks Overthrow of the American Republic series.

Overthrow of the American Republic (Part 47) - See Victor Ashe info

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I know I'm a bit late with input here, just watched it last night

I know it wasnt supposed to be very good, but I still had hopes I might have enjoyed it just because it was the xfiles and the big yin was in it.

holy cow was I wrong, it's like a really bad tv movie

I dont get it? how can Duchovny and Anderson be close to happy letting this thing out the can? I was gonna turn it off around 35 minutes but the gf insisted we watch it all

it's up there with Doomsday as being absolute utter crap

Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid

thanks god there won't be a 3rd

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

I agree. I didn't even have high hopes and it still disappointed. Just imagine the most boring episode of x-files ever, and then imagine it was twice as long. That's pretty much what the movie is about.

top topics

join