It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof. Randy Pausch lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Prof. Randy Pausch lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer

www.usatoday.com

By Craig Wilson, USA TODAY
Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon professor who became a YouTube phenomenon with his "Last Lecture," died Friday of complications from pancreatic cancer. He was 47. He died at his home in southern Virginia.

www.usatoday.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A day I was praying never would happen,

Prof. Randy Pausch the youtube famous Prof. who spent his last months, weeks, days and minutes touring and lecturing on the fine art of living life like you were dying, died today.

Randy Pausch had the same cancer, Patrick Swayze was suffering from until Swayze's Cancer miraculously went into remission. I think if you watch Prof Pausch speak, you will understand what life and living really means and what love is all about. I am certain this man has seen the face of God telling him, Randy, well done my son, well done.

This is a transcript of his famous "Last Lecture" speech recently aired on Oprah www.scribd.com...

RIP Randy

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I saw his lecture on YOUTUBE.

My Doctor sent me the link.

It was stunning.

I felt tears well up.

Yet, he seemed so matter of fact.

It was a refreshing way to look at death and the life that is given to us.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If we all would lead our lives like Randy did, we wouldn't be regretting all the things we "shoulda" done or "find" time for.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Only 47 years old. What a shame. And I had no idea Swayze went into remission so thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I watched it too. My eyes even watered up. I really soaked in his message because it was a good message that I think all of us need to think about. Very sad to see people like this go. On a side note one thing that stuck to me was the dreams of him as a little kid. He pursed and created things because it was his dream. Anymore you dont see that its all about money and greed. He did what he loved and was fortunate to make a little money in the mean time. I wish I could of met him.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I saw that a good while ago. It was an amazing lecture. It made it sound like it would be fun to work for Disney, I remember that too. So let's pray that now he's in a place even better than Disney world.

new topics

top topics

join