It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota Patents a Quantum Motor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
The sad things are these companies patent these good ideas and never do anything with them to make the oil and energy companies happy. Its patented so if you or I come up with it we cant use the idea. Thats how I feel maybe Im wrong though.

"Never invent, just improve!"

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

Its patented so if you or I come up with it we cant use the idea.

"Never invent, just improve!"

Hehe Sounds like the Japanese Moto

to mybigunit

Had this been a US patent maybe but the Japanese have no oil and the country is small... so it only makes sense for them to go ahead on this.. even if just locally

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks vague to me. Can't see how (or what) got patented. Or is it pending?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Does a motor like this have to run a car?

I'd like to hook it up to my house! Maybe it's only enough power to run the pool pump or just the lights? Maybe I could hook up a few of these...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gatordone

Gator....I think the concept is.....virtual energy exists, all around us. This 'motor' may not exceed the conservation of energy principals....it is NOT perpetual motion....it seems to be a new concept, though. Untapped, unknown energy souces, until now....this is the challenge.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The sad things are these companies patent these good ideas and never do anything with them to make the oil and energy companies happy. Its patented so if you or I come up with it we cant use the idea. Thats how I feel maybe Im wrong though.

That's why patent law should contain a proviso that if you do not market the product with 12-24 months, the patent becomes public domain.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is indeed interesting, but its pretty much just a land grab for future developments. The material that is manipulatable at the quantum level that their patent says the motor requires, it is yet to be invented/discovered. They are just saying that if that material springs up somehow somewhere, they own the rights to use it in the way the patent describes.

Nothing to get too excited about.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Toyota, of all companies to breakthrough with this.

I know at my place of employment they do frequent training seminars on "The Toyota Way" as innovative and cost effective business machines.

I think this is very important news, Zorgon.

Please keep us informed if as you get more information.

Ian McLean, good find on the patent info, as well.

I wonder if similar technology isn't already being used in other facets of technology like military and/or black ops? Generally by the time "we" get it, "they" have maxed it out!

This reminds me of another invention that came out awhile ago.
The DMD Digital Micromirror Device
Light Processing chip from Texas Instruments.
Thousands of tiny mirrors project light.
When it first came out people were saying
"We must big bug eyed aliens giving us this stuff.
It's just too weird."

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Does a motor like this have to run a car?

I'd like to hook it up to my house! Maybe it's only enough power to run the pool pump or just the lights? Maybe I could hook up a few of these...

How about the BIG question?
Does this BIZARRE motor produce FREE energy or
what does it do???

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Haven't got my press clearance back yet but I will ask then if they have any statements yet...
Let ya know what pops up.. if someone doesn't beat me to it

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The real question (sorry if it was already asked) is: Toyota has the patent, but do they have a prototype? Anything that works, and is a viable potential commercial product yet?

AND, what would be the possible Aerospace applications of this technology?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by zorgon

The real question (sorry if it was already asked) is: Toyota has the patent, but do they have a prototype? Anything that works, and is a viable potential commercial product yet?

AND, what would be the possible Aerospace applications of this technology?

Isn't the first step in having a patent approved is having a working prototype?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
wowzers. gotta tell hubby about this!
he loves this stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh hubby says, check this out, too.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SURGE TECHNOLOGY NO BATTERIES NO GAS
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wow...this could revolutionize everything...

Except Opec doesnt see it necessary that this amazing stuff is out there. These projects disappear, probably under the guise of lack of funds or some crap like that.

It's sad really. We HAVE the technology we need to help change this planet, and the big shots say 'whoa! no way, we need several million dollars a year to survive in our yachts and mansions and gas guzzling vehicles.'

Im sorry to go on a rant, but it really upsets me. If we really want change, I guess we will all have to become engineers and mechanics...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Seems Like Toyota isn't the only one

GMC HOLDING CORP, REMAT , RARE EARTH ELECTRO MAGNETIC ENGINE

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Cyclone Power Technologies, Inc (OTCPK:CYPW)

Cyclone holds the U.S. patent, international patent applications, and exclusive commercial rights to the Green Revolution Engine(TM), an environmentally friendly and highly efficient external combustion, heat-regenerative engine. Developed by Cyclone's President and CEO, Harry Schoell, the Green Revolution Engine regenerates (or recycles) its heat, which allows it to run cleaner, cooler and more efficiently than traditional internal combustion engines. It is capable of running on any liquid or gaseous fuel, including ethanol and propane, and is lubricated with de-ionized water instead of motor oil. By eliminating many subsystems like oil pumps, radiators, catalytic converters and fuel injectors, Cyclone's engine is expected to cost less to manufacture, operate and maintain; however, it is highly scalable and sufficiently powerful for applications ranging from lawn equipment and small home generators, large stand alone generators, to cars, trucks, buses, RVs, boats and ships, as well as earth moving equipment and locomotives.

The same company also has a magnetic motor This one is a lousy clip...

EDIT Nope not the same company this one is Cycclone Rare Earth Engine from Australia

[edit on 29-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknownfrost
Im sorry to go on a rant, but it really upsets me. If we really want change, I guess we will all have to become engineers and mechanics...

No IF WE THE PEEPS want this we need to stop ranting and hanging out in forums and take action...

Write Toyota supporting the idea... Write GM and say we want this we will buy this

Go to the Toyota dealer down the street and ask about it I guarantee word will get back to corporate

Write letters to congress persons let them know the demand...

Money rules the day corporations need to know we want this...

I looked over some of the idiot comments at youtube... what is up with all the nay sayers? Are people really that stupid these days? Heck when I was a kid we were all over the latest hottest change especially in cars..

Has Ipod and Chat taken over the American Garage???

Or are they all just that brain washed?

I guess we can't take em out to the wood shack anymore a :bash: some good ole sense into em huh? DAGNABBIT

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
MAGNETIC MIRACLE

Inventor's design consumes no fuel, emits no fumes

By Bud Kenny

Free Press, Little Rock, AR

April 14-27, 1994

Devices that have truly improved the human condition - such as electricity, the telephone and the airplane - were created by people who passionately believe their inventions would make the world a better place to live. Troy Reed of Tulsa, Oklahoma is such a person.

Reed has invented and patented a motor that consumes no fuel and emits no fumes. It is powerful enough to turn a 7,000-watt generator, which is enough electricity to run an average home. Production of the Reed Magnetic Motor for use by the general public may begin by year's end.

Reed, 57, has also invented an automobile called "Surge" that employs his new technology. Unlike a battery-powered car, Reed's Surge does not have to be plugged in to be recharged. The car recharges itself as it rolls down the highway at speeds of up to 85 miles an hour. Reed and actor Dennis Weaver, a cousin and inventor in the project, plan to make the first highway test-run of the car this summer.

www.kbmorgan.com...

Publication number: US5742111
Publication date: 1998-04-21
Inventor: REED TROY GENE (US)
Applicant: SURGE POWER CORP (US)

Abstract of US5742111
The commutator segments for a d.c. electric motor includes one or plurality of slots which improves horsepower at less amperage.

I think this is the same guy but if not what a coincidence

Magnetic heater apparatus and method
Publication number: TW263761B
Publication date: 2006-10-11
Inventor: REED TROY (US); LUNNEBORG TIM (US); LOLL KEVIN (US); DIMMER PAUL GENE (US); THOMAS JAMES RONALD (US)
Applicant: MAGTEC LLC (US)

Abstract of TW263761B
An apparatus and method for generating heat, in particular for heating a fluid. The apparatus includes a frame, with at least one permanent magnet fixedly mounted to the frame. An electrically conductive member is disposed proximate the permanent magnets. The magnetic field of the magnets upon the conductive member is made to vary cyclically. Typically either the permanent magnets, the conductive member, or both are movable with respect to one another. Relative motion of the conductive member and the magnets causes the magnetic field experienced by the conductive member to vary, which causes it to become hot.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Untapped, unknown energy sources, until now....this is the challenge.

Unknown??? Tesla and Moray knew this in the late 1800's, early 1900's

We have just wasted 100 YEARS with technology they had since early prehistory OIL LAMPS

Oh yeah? So we make the oil a little more potent but its still just burning oil

So much for 'technology'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join