It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another example of out of control cops! Shoot the dog and mace the baby!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I try to post these acts of out of control cops whenever I can.
Just another example of trigger happy cops in this country, they even pepper spray a baby.
These stories always catch my attention and one reason for that is because I have been trying to determine the reason for this increasing brutality that regular policemen have been exhibiting for the past few years.
What I am trying to determine is if

1: Do the orders for these ever increasing acts of violence by cops or come down from the top and actually begin during their academy years?

2: Are the cops themselves responsible, meaning are they just growing more violent due to the inherent stresses of being a cop and the supervisors are just looking the other way?

Mother Watches in Horror as Cops Shoot Family Pet, Mace Baby

There is at least one example of this type of "peace officer" violence each week, probably more and the more they get away with it, the more its going to happen.

A mother carrying her four-month-old baby watched in horror as police doused her family's beloved pet dog Daisy in capsicum spray and then shot her dead.

Daisy had become tangled in her leash causing her to fight with the family's other dog Princess but, before Kirsten Small could intervene, plainclothes police killed the Staffy Cross.

The 32-year-old mother was carrying baby Eva in a sling on her front and the pair was covered by the capsicum spray aimed at Daisy, leaving Small fearing for her daughter's safety.

Daisy's playmate Bugsy was also with her on a leash and, like Small, was still traumatized yesterday by the shooting outside her Ermington home last Thursday.

"They shot my dog three times in front of me. They were judge, jury and executioner and it is just not right," Small said.

"I didn't know they were police, they were plainclothes, they just stopped and I was saying I needed a stick and they sprayed stuff and I was asking what are you spraying and my baby was screaming.

"She got it all over her baby carrier, it missed her eyes. I keep seeing the gun, I keep playing it back in my head.

Police confirmed senior police were investigating the incident but declined to comment further.

Two-year-old Daisy had grown up playing with #zus, Chihuahuas and other small dogs without incident and Small said she had also been protective of Eva in her pram.

Small's father Mick was outraged at the shooting.

"They're called Daisy and Princess, that gives you an idea of how wild they are," Mr. Small said. "It is overkill - literally."

Daisy's ashes were returned to the family this week after her body was taken to the RSPCA.

RSPCA Inspector Skye Adams confirmed she was called to see Princess and to assess her for injuries.

"There are no charges being considered with regards to the police or the owner in relation to the prevention of animal cruelty acts," she said.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is a horrible story..... I can only imagine what it was like to be there.... I wouldve assaulted the "plain cloths" person the moment they started spraying, although if i was holding my baby, i would not do that.... I would seek out and get revenge on that person..... It doesnt sound like the animals were violently attacking each other , and if the woman had 2 leashes, than you couldnt say I thought she was being attacked.....
Thi is soooooooo wrong, and I hope they bring charges up on the officer, there is ABSOLUTLY NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS.

I respect law officers, but despise the ones who think they dont have to follow normal rules like us.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is another example of misleading reporting. Yes they shot the dog after spraying it with pepper spray. But they didn't spray the baby as the headline reads. Over spray got on the baby and the mother. The mother says it didn't get in the baby's eyes. Yes the cops where probably wrong for shooting the dog, But lets not get wrapped up in bad reporting with misleading headlines.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by russ1969]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Yes they shot the dog after spraying it with pepper spray. But they didn't spray the baby as the headline reads. Over spray got on the baby and the mother. The mother says it didn't get in the baby's eyes.

If the spray hit the babyy, then they sprayed her, intentional or not...it happened

Yes the cops where probably wrong for shooting the dog, But lets not get wrapped up in bad reporting with misleading headlines.

PROBABLY WRONG????????? I have been around violent and non-violent dogs all my life, and have never been in a situation where one dog is fighting another, and a dog needs to be shot..... All of this happened in a few moments I am sure, but where does the cop get the right to decide ina flash.....wow i better spray and shoot this dog immediatly....
And MULTIPLE SHOTS???????? how damn cruel can you be in front of a mother and child???????

Enough blaming improper reporting for a dumb cops mistake.

proof is this ----- cop sprayed mace (which ended up on a babys skin), then cop shoots dog multiple times..... (can he aim? it doesnt take 3 shots to put down a dog.... maybe the 1t didnt kill, but I can guarentee you the dog dropped at that point.... ITS JUST SICK!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There are several things about this story that I found confusing, so russ is right about one thing, it is a poorly written story that left out of a lot of information.
First of all, I did misunderstand the part about mace getting on the child, I tend to skim when I read but it still got on the baby, intentional or not.
Also, why were the cops at this womans house to begin with?
Were they just driving down the street and happen to notice two dogs ON leashes fighting with each other?
So the plainclothes cop notices a mother carrying a baby across her chest and holding two leashes with her dogs, standing outside her front door or in her yard.
And apparently, without a request for assistance, he takes it upon himself to help her untangle her dogs leash by first spraying it with pepper spray, getting some on the child as well, and when that didnt work, he shoots one of the dogs 3 times.
"There you go miss, one of ems dead,now youll be able to untangle the leashes with no problem at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Cops scare me, fear leads to hate, hate leads to viloence. Cops better smarten up because once this sort of police action becomes expected and embedded in a culture, there will be no trust between cops and people. I have seen firsthand cops misrepresent, fabricate, distort and outright lie to cover their asses and after that experience, cops are the last people I ever want anything to do with unless absolute necessary.

If that was my wife, baby and pet I'd be enraged by such thoughtless callous actions. Your average drug dealer or bank robber would probably cause less distress than what that cop did to that family. Cops are becoming more stressful and disturbing than the effect of your average criminal!

The good cops out there better do something about the scumbags in their ranks or eventually face the wrath of the public which wll not be pretty, and we won't be taking the time to decide which cops are good or bad when that happens. I hope it doesn't but the burden of how we percieve cops lies with the cops themselves so smarten up asap.

my 2 cents!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria
The good cops out there better do something about the scumbags in their ranks or eventually face the wrath of the public which wll not be pretty, and we won't be taking the time to decide which cops are good or bad when that happens. I hope it doesn't but the burden of how we percieve cops lies with the cops themselves so smarten up asap.

I think you make a good point. I don't expect to see the good cops doing any PR by way of showing they are policing their fellow officers. I figure it is because what we actually think doesn't matter to them.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is a good example of bad cops, but it is a rarity and the cop usually gets fired. I havent seen one truly bad thing where the cop doesnt get fired. Good find.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Here is another example of misleading reporting. Yes they shot the dog after spraying it with pepper spray. But they didn't spray the baby as the headline reads. Over spray got on the baby and the mother. The mother says it didn't get in the baby's eyes. Yes the cops where probably wrong for shooting the dog, But lets not get wrapped up in bad reporting with misleading headlines.

The overkill stands with the dog, and the baby getting hit by overspray is actually quite a serious matter, and as it was a very likely thing to happen in the circumstances, and should tell you that the police officer was criminally responsible for an act of negligence.
Thats criminal negligence to me. Spraying pepper close to an infant!!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

The overkill stands with the dog, and the baby getting hit by overspray is actually quite a serious matter, and as it was a very likely thing to happen in the circumstances, and should tell you that the police officer was criminally responsible for an act of negligence.
Thats criminal negligence to me. Spraying pepper close to an infant!!

How do you know the cop was criminally responsible? We where not there and do not know the whole story. Its easy to assume what happened by the little info we get from this report, The fact is we don't have the whole story. Cannot judge there actions until all the facts are presented.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

How do you know the cop was criminally responsible? We where not there and do not know the whole story. Its easy to assume what happened by the little info we get from this report, The fact is we don't have the whole story. Cannot judge there actions until all the facts are presented.

Oh man yeah of course the cop isn't criminally responsible it must be the baby.

Just how many cops are ever criminally responsible for any of the bull# they do?

get a clue.

Just about every cop is a rat and anyone siding with them is a rat too.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by buds84]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I sounds like you are the one attempting to mislead us.

If I'm standing on the street and a guy near me is peppersprayed by the police and some gets on me then they DID IN FACT pepperspray me. They fire the pepperspray and it hits someone, they peppersprayed that person.

I see nothing misleading in the original story.

Vas

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Lmao, there is more than enough information in this article to determine that this trigger happy Storm-Trooper needs to (at the very least) be placed on suspension, and investigated for animal cruelty/abuse.
How could a person justify shooting this family's dog, not once but THREE times, because its leash was tangled up with the other dogs leash.
By the way, just for the record here is a picture of a Staffy Cross, which is the same breed that was killed.

Also, dont misunderstand me, I didnt bring this up just because it was a dog or just because it had a baby in it.
This just happened to be the next story that I found, that deals with these rogue type cops abusing their powers.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This definetely requires top level investigation with all the facts considered. The most serious error the cop made was discharging a firearm in close proximity to people and in a public place. A bullet can ricocet with considerable energy from a solid surface and could have resulted in a death. The least his superiors should do is suspend him until he receives councilling and retraining in the use of firearms. A very irresponsible action for which his superiors will carry the can if there are further errors of judgememnt

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Good god...talk about Barney Fife really going way overboard. He should serve prison time for what he did, absolutely no excuse for something like that. Any regular person pulls something like that and he would do hard time.

It is getting to the point where citizens are starting to fear the police more than the criminals they are paid to arrest. Im not saying all cops are bad but there are quite a few out here that seem to try and operate above the law.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is a one sided story. It doesnt even say where it happened, in
the house, on the sidewalk, at a park?

Why was the mother standing so close to the fighting dogs with
her infant? Her infant could have been bitten or killed.
Were there other people/kids close to the fighting dogs.
Maybe there were and the cops had no choice.

The lady said she knew the dogs, but obviously she didnt
know them well enough.
Theres just not enough information here. I doubt the cops would
have shot the dogs unless they were threatening.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you are standing on the street and a criminal is sprayed by police and it gets you. the criminal Is the one that takes the responsibility. And if you think that this story has enough facts in it, I wouldnt want you serving on a jury.

It only tells the owners of the dogs story not the police. And for anyone to say that all cops are bad and will lie, That would be a very ignorant statement.

So please tell me how i am misleading anyone here? The police did not point the pepper spray at the baby and if the mother was to close to two fighting dogs while holding the baby then she is the one that should be held responsible.

And to kr0n0s, What is showing me a picture of a dog just like the one that was shot prove? Are you trying to say that it looks harmless? Give me a break, I can tell you from experience that it doesn't matter the size of the dog, They all have the potential to be vicious.

I will say it one more time, WE DO NOT HAVE THE WHOLE STORY!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Some cops do go overboard. The stresses of their job get to them and if any one of them claim that it doesn't, they are not being honest. They deal with people breaking the law all the time, get harassed and put their lives in danger. Of course, it gets to them after awhile and the straw that breaks the camels back could be anything. In this particular story, if the woman did not ask for assistance from the two plain clothes policeman, they were in the wrong. For another, the two cops if in plain clothes better hope they were on duty to be able to discharge their weapons. The family can bring suit against the cops but not the department, unless the two cops were responding to a disturbance call and were on duty. Then it would be the department and the two cops.

My son was sprayed in the face with mace about 16 years ago. He was visiting my ex mother-in-law when my ex showed up drunk and tried to take my son. The cops were called, four responded and could not get my ex to cooperate and put my child down. They sprayed my ex, he turned and my son got it full force, right in the face! The police department would not even apologize! They called it JUSTIFIABLE FORCE. That was not the only run in with stupid cops that I have had, but "stupidity in the police force" is a whole different topic.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by peggy m]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

If you've never seen a cop do a really bad thing and get totally away with it, come to Oklahoma. We had a cop in my county that decided to show off by shooting a (non-poisonous) snake in a tree (not bothering anybody). He missed and his bullet traveled far enough to kill a 5 year old child who was sitting next to his grandpa fishing. He took a few days off then got transferred to the next county where he is still "serving and protecting". I feel much better knowing he's protecting us from non-threatening snakes and serving us by killing out children.

I keep hearing that there are good cops but I've just never seen any. They're all pretty much morons around here.

No, we don't have the whole story but cops have to make snap decisions all the time on scant information. If the woman and child were in no imminent danger (like dogs knocking her to ground, etc.), the guy could have taken a moment to assess the situation and see how much force (if any) was needed. Dogs usually work out their own problems without needing any help from humans; uniformed variety or civilian.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
hmmm well i would have liked to see that cop after i was through with him....really disgusting...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join