It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for a new American Protective League

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

American Protective League

The American Protective League was an American World War I-era private organization that along with federal police like the Bureau of Investigation worked in support of the anti German Empire movement and against anti-war citizens and organizations.

In 1918, APL documents showed that 10% of its efforts (the largest of any category) were focused on disrupting the activities of the I.W.W. "Wobblies" radical union movement. The APL burgled, vandalized, and harassed I.W.W. members and their offices. These activities were illegal, yet supported by the Wilson administration and the American establishment. President Wilson, despite some misgivings about their methods, deferred to the judgement of Attorney General Thomas Gregory and chose not to take any action to curtail their activities. The League disbanded in February of 1919.

You guys think you are being harassed now?
The LIBERAL/PROGRESSIVE icon Woodrow Wilson, the creator of that abomination the League of Nations, used this group to imprison 175,000 people who spoke out against the war, the military and him.

This can't be blamed on GWB or the neo-cons or Cheney. This was a DEMOCRAT President who nationalized AMERICAN industry and imprisoned AMERICANS because the spoke out...or in one case didn't speak out enough, a German American Luthern minister who said he did not know who should win the war (just like the majority of those on this site...shhhhh...I won't tell.)

All of you who scream "American TYRANNY" should thank whomever you worship that you were not living during that time. You would be boucing balls off a wall like Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape."

I am not saying we should imprison. I am saying we should put a spotlight on those who want America to fail, even at the cost of American lives.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For those of you wh think that GWB is the root of all evil...

Roosevelt put the Japanese in camps.

Wilson put 175,000 in jail for speaking.

new topics

join