It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: The average American loves the French enormously

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

The only actual from Australia Aussies I've talked to have all been very friendly and said they had no problem with the citizens, its the government and the people who support it. They loved us under Clinton as he didn't threaten to nuke anyone who wasn't with us. Imagine that, no "You're with us or you isn't we turns you into a parking lot with nucular weeapons!" like Bush and the world generally likes us as a whole, both citizen and country.

BTW Do you know who John Marsden is?!?!?!!?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Some are like that, true; others are becoming more virulent against the US because our own government is turning into another one of their lapdogs.

Our new PM, Kevin Rudd, promised he'd bring the troops home and knock off this War on Terror nonsense and surprise, surprise he gets into a power and he hasn't kept a single promise.

I personally find myself astounded by the ignorance displayed on ATS by some Americans, a minority to be sure, but nonetheless a growing one, which is why I can't help but think sometimes if there is a good proportion of people in the US who are actually swallowing all the propaganda Bush is feeding them...

Anyways, I have nothing against Americans or their culture, hell Australia has become incredibly Americanised itself, but your government and it's foreign policy are a different matter.

P.S. John Marsden wrote children's books, had the misfortune of reading them in school.. lol what's that got to do with the topic at hand though?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Children's books? Wha? He wrote the Tomorrow Series, anything but children. Neither was Dear Miffy or Winter or Letters from the Inside.

Anyways, sorry to hear our sister Aussies are getting annoyed with us and their PM. But you don't have to wait for an election do you? Can't you just have a No Confidence vote or something?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Yeah he wrote mature fiction too but also a string of horrible childrens books in which Australia gets attacked by some unknown enemy: en.wikipedia.org...

Thus why I'm not a big fan lol.

We can't exactly have a no confidence vote, it doesn't work that way here, best we can hope for is enough changes in Rudd's cabinet (elected representatives) to the point where he's surrounded by rational thinking and not just pro-American yes men.

We shall see.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Krieger

Yeah he wrote mature fiction too but also a string of horrible childrens books in which Australia gets attacked by some unknown enemy: en.wikipedia.org...

Thus why I'm not a big fan lol.

We can't exactly have a no confidence vote, it doesn't work that way here, best we can hope for is enough changes in Rudd's cabinet (elected representatives) to the point where he's surrounded by rational thinking and not just pro-American yes men.

We shall see.

Those aren't chidlren... The F word, sex, violent death and some torture, even rape. Unless you read edited books. Also, the attacker is China. The only country that could and would do it. I thought maybe Japan but then Japan helps the Kiwis so you know its China.

Anyways, really? I thought the PM could be removed by a No Confidence vote. Or is that just in England?

BTW, people, don't believe the sterotypes. French Women shave their armpits, and other places.(I love foreign exchange students
)

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

I don't remember the adult themes, I remember I always thought the aggressor was an Asian nation though, nevertheless I read them in 8th grade so it's been a while now...

I didn't realise England could have no confidence votes?
Well things are different in the colonies friend...

P.S. We had a Frenchie Exchange Program too...
Mauritian Girls mainly but nevertheless, I suddenly got an interest for learning French back in high school

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

You may have read an edited version or something cause these books... Yeah, maybe Highschool, senior year, maybe allowed. Of course Austrailia and America have different standards and stuff.
Je comprehende apu francois.(spelling is off but anyways)

But I love the French. Without them the USA wouldn't exist. We turned around and saved them from being destroyed. I'd say that's a fair trade. They let us be born, we saved them from death.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The average American may have loved the French in the 1780's when they fought and died together (hell France lost more men in the War of Independence than the Colonials) but not today.

Hahahahahahah.....

You don't like the french??? What about your signature?

"The road to Hell is paved with the best of intentions." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

He was french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I'm not American firstly, and secondly I was speaking for the ignorant America members of ATS I see all too often being critical of the French or Europeans without realising the impact they've had on their history or culture.

I have no ill will against the French at all.
Relax
Lower your blood pressure...

[edit on 28/7/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Sorry man......

I read through your other posts and you make a lot of sense. I would have to say though, don't forget that ALL Americans are NOT like these guys.

In fact most of us wish we still had the respect of the world...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"Obama claim the average Joe in the Us like us" wow i'm amazed

Looks like Obama smell the crap he's bidding on currently a.k.a the u.s presidency, the depression, the hard times and all the future holes he will have to dig to move the skeletons from the closet into them.

Are you trying to push us into this dark hole brotha'?

That's the old technique of the sioux or apaches, nice try hehe.

We don't have the funds for your silly wars anyway, it's unlikely.

No the average joe like Italians.The "big gun syndrom" i guess i don't know.

They don't like comunists, eastern europe countries and certainly not us.

The average joe think Jean-Claude Van Damne is french since he's speaking french so you know...there is no hope with them.
Hence, france sucks like he's doing those stupid straight-to-dvd movies.LMAO

This is when fiction meets reality.

Then, they are the enlighten ones, the category with the less represents, either rich or brilliants, whom have discovered the world which surround them.
Them, they might like us but i have no idea to what degree.They probably like the Eiffel tower, wine and that singer Edit Piaf, not much more.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't know what the op actually said so I'm going by what the title says. I personally don't know any fellow Americans that '"love the French enormously." In fact id say its completely the opposite, most of the people I know think the French are cowards and have a general dislike for them. I don't care much for the French, I certainly have no love for them, but I don't hate them either.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Raverous]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous

I don't know what the op actually said so I'm going by what the title says.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Raverous]

Just that Obama says, if not thinks, that the average american Joe does love the French.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join