It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA can't be bothered with soldiers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Folks,
Can anyone seriously defend him or figure out what he was thinking when he visited the troops over there?

Anyone?

LINK

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Interesting to read descriptions of the event from the ground. Sure does make it look like he's only there for a photo op and to create the appearance that he supports soldiers.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Interesting to read descriptions of the event from the ground. Sure does make it look like he's only there for a photo op and to create the appearance that he supports soldiers.

Everyone knows that he (and the rest of the democrats) have no love for the military. Everytime the military has been in a slump, there has usually been a democrat in the white house.

I am surprised that none of his disciples here have chimed in on this (or any of the other topics) to defend him. Perhaps the truth hurts them too much?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can't waste that time, got to get to the photo op in time to take the pictures playing basketball. It's because he has to play the political game, the soldiers just aren't worth his time right now. It's for the best, it's just what he has to do to become president.

Just kidding. Isn't it obvious that if it isn't an opportunity to create media hype, it's not important?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

I am surprised that none of his disciples here have chimed in on this (or any of the other topics) to defend him. Perhaps the truth hurts them too much?

You obviously don't get it.

We love him. We don't need to defend him. All we have to do is let McCain be McCain.

Obama will be my President in November, and I am so happy to FINALLY have the person I vote for become president!

For once, the prejudice against intellectualism will be checked!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Just kidding. Isn't it obvious that if it isn't an opportunity to create media hype, it's not important?

One would think that someone who wants to be the Commander in Chief would like to know the soldiers he may one day lead.

Then again, he is just demonstrating how he would treat them if he gets elected.

How can anyone support this guy? He flips and flops more than a fish. He blows off our own troops. He has no real agenda or plan. Yadda Yadda

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How can anyone support this guy? He flips and flops more than a fish. He blows off our own troops. He has no real agenda or plan. Yadda Yadda

Easily, Vociferously, and frequently!!!

I love Obama!

Can you say that about McCain?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Easily, Vociferously, and frequently!!!
I love Obama!

Then please defend him in this case. Help us non Obama-worshippers understand what was going through his head when he blew off troops (some of whom may actually have wanted to meet him) like they were nothing?

Can you say that about McCain?

No, but I will say that I prefer McCain in the White House.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

One would think that someone who wants to be the Commander in Chief would like to know the soldiers he may one day lead.

Yeah...but...but...but change! CHANGE!

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

YEAAAH!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yeah...but...but...but change! CHANGE!

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

YEAAAH!

You forgot the rest of the quote:

"Change we can believe in....from a leader we can't believe in."

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I guess he knows already that the soldiers don't want to be stuck in Iraq for "another 100 years" as McCain has suggested.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Why?

See this is the thing. I understand that you have no ability to comprehend my, and the others like me, love for Obama.

I've listed my reasons over and over.

But all I hear on this board from the so-called conservatives is anti-obama rhetoric which tells me you aint got nuttin.

I never hear anything amazing about McCain. Why is that?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Why?

Because he is a better and more experienced leader. Because he is going to make this country better, not worse. Do I need to go on?

I've listed my reasons over and over.

You'll have to refresh my memory, I don't recall ever reading those reasons.

But all I hear on this board from the so-called conservatives is anti-obama rhetoric which tells me you aint got nuttin.

You mean other than what I listed above?

Perhaps because you have never done any research on him?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well from me, because conservatives have basically been forced to support a closet democrat. I have no idea how the hell McCain won the nomination. But at least he's not Obama. And I say that because I disagree with both McCain and Obama on several fronts, but it's Obama who wants radical things like socialization of medicine, tax increases that actually decrease revenue (like the capital gains tax), wants to delay an already deteriorating NASA program, has a foreign policy nearly identical to McCain's, and is in love with gun control. I'm not going to get specific here since that's not the point, but basically, McCain has one thing going for him...

He's running against Obama.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well from me, because conservatives have basically been forced to support a closet democrat. I have no idea how the hell McCain won the nomination.

Given what I heard from conservatives like Rush etc, I have no idea either. I don't fault the guy for anything really, but it didn't look like the candidate the Republican people nominated was the candidate the Republican party wanted.

But at least he's not Obama. And I say that because I disagree with both McCain and Obama on several fronts, but it's Obama who wants radical things like socialization of medicine

First off, I don't beleive he want's socialization of medicine. If I recall, his exact words were, that the American people deserve the same level of health insurance that the members of Congress receive.

But even if he did support socialization of medicine. You'd be hard pressed to show that as radical given that the majority of all the other western nations do this already. So not very radical, and not what he wants either.

, tax increases that actually decrease revenue (like the capital gains tax),

Actually he wants to raise taxes on those who make more than 200-230k a year. I made 235k last year, so that means me too. I'll pay more if I get more, no problem.

The capitol gains tax should be inline with income tax, because capital gains are income. Currently there are people who's sole income is the market. They are taxed less on their money than someone who has a w-2 job. It makes sense to me to make these commensurate.

wants to delay an already deteriorating NASA program

I haven't heard anything about this myself. Do you have a link?

, has a foreign policy nearly identical to McCain's

Really? How come McCain isn't opening his arms to Germany and apologizing for the "Old Europe" comments made by his party?

Somehow I don't believe McCain and Obamas foreign policy is the same. I could be wrong, but it at least feels different to me. And if it feels different to me, then I'm guessing it feels different to the people in those foreign countries.

, and is in love with gun control.

Can you support this one? I haven't seen anything indicating this.

I'm not going to get specific here since that's not the point,

I think you already did. :-)

but basically, McCain has one thing going for him...

He's running against Obama.

Thats probably the biggest thing he has agsint him. Not sure how anyone could win running against Obama.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

but it's Obama who wants radical things like socialization of medicine

With current medical costs growing exponentially, one has to wonder how sustainable, effective and humane the current system is. Americans have more, and more serious chronic conditions than their counterparts in developed countries. Something is wrong with this picture.

I just don't see socialized medicine as a great evil, sorry.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If I recall, his exact words were, that the American people deserve the same level of health insurance that the members of Congress receive.

You cannot honestly believe that!!??
Does that mean the American people also deserve to vote themselves a raise as well as receive VIP loans amongst all the other things Congress gets?

I am no fan of McCain, but a vote for McCain is a vote against Obama.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

If I recall, his exact words were, that the American people deserve the same level of health insurance that the members of Congress receive.

You cannot honestly believe that!!??
Does that mean the American people also deserve to vote themselves a raise as well as receive VIP loans amongst all the other things Congress gets?

Speaking for myself, I think that adequate healthcare in a humane society should be available to all. For those uninsured, that's simply not the case.

Don't drag the "raise" issue into this. Obama didn't say anything like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
what's this? A critical article about Obama on a site called "Confederate?" How shocking...

This post is a huge contradiction, and makes it so Obama can't win either way.

scenario 1: He meets with soldiers

OMG! Just doing it for the photo op!

scenario 2: He doesn't meet with soldiers

OMG! He's blowing them off!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I agree, but he's the one who put himself into a no-win situation by not familiarizing himself with the rules and regulations the military sets forth for visitors to military medical facilities. He should have known well in advance that his political entourage wouldn't be allowed and if he didn't like it, he should have never even scheduled the trip. In the end, he has no one to blame but himself and his campaign for this.

The excuse they're giving is pitiful. He knew the rules, as evidenced by his trip to Walter Reed less than a month ago:

Obama’s staff is keeping his trip low-key. It is not on his public schedule, and his campaign would not confirm it. A pool of reporters will go with him, but will not accompany him inside.

Article

And note that he found a way to make this visit to a military medical facility right in the middle of Washington DC and avoid undue publicity. He could've done the same in this case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join