It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emo To Be Made Illegal In Russia?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
call me old fashioned , no please don't but what does EMO stand for? and why are they called 'emo kids'?
if someone has long hair doesn't that make them a hippy? or has the world moved on to the next generation and it's just another more 'street name for HIPPY?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by toraylin

This post says it all for me. Just because a group of people appreciate the darker side of human nature does not mean that they are to be vilified.

In the case of Emo kids, it is COMPLETELY their decision what to wear and how to express themselves. All of the members of ATS that are posting hate messages need to take a look at themselves. How does it affect you if a group of people express themselves in a way akin to 'Emo' kids?? Hate is a strong emotion and weak people often confuse hate with ignorance. You know nothing of these people, yet you are willing to harm them?? PURE IGNORANCE.

I have never been afraid to stand up for myself and went through school defending most of my Gothic friends against so much ignorance and peer pressure from seemingly 'normal' kids. How many 'normal' kids do you know who would be willing to beat someone up for being different? Its similar to racism in my eyes.

I now work for a large company but still adhere to dressing in dark clothes and i still listen to the same music.

Vilify me? go for it....I will fight back.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Sparkly_Eyed777
I heard about the emo bashing in Mexico too. It's such a shame that people can't accept others who are different you know? I mean you don't have to agree with what people do, but you can at least agree to disagree right?

Except that this whole "emo" thing is manufactured. These people are no different than any screwed up kids that came before them. The only new thing is that instead of trying to overcome their issues and become a productive member of society, they are using this to wallow in their self pity and beg for a free ride.

Productive member of what ? See my signature. You understand that in this society I would have no problem to steal your job if I could. So what "society" is it ? Why should I care about you ? Or you about me ? Because "caring is good" or what ? Of course it is. People seek communities. The machine denies that.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

Young people know it most certainly; we call that knowledge idealism. They know that there is a way the world is supposed to be, and a magnificent role for themselves in that more beautiful world. Broken to the lesser lives we offer them, they react with hostility, rage, cynicism, depression, escapism, or self-destruction—all the defining qualities of modern adolescence. Then we blame them for not bringing these qualities under control, and when they finally have given up their idealism we call them mature. Having given up their idealism, they can get on with the business of survival: practicality and security, comfort and safety, which is what we are left with in the absence of purpose. So we suggest they major in something practical, stay out of trouble, don't take risks, build a résumé. We think we are practical and wise in the ways of the world. Really we are just broken and afraid. We are afraid on their behalf, and, less nobly, we are afraid of what their idealism shows us: the plunder and betrayal of our own youthful possibilities.

I'm not "emo". I see it as a path that leads nowhere - thinking about yourself and how bad things are. But you want to know what's with the anti emo thing ? See the last sentence of the quote above. People hate to see different people - that makes them look at themselves. Makes them think - "ok those are weird, but who am I comparing them to ? Myself ? And who am I ? " People hate seeing the machines they have become.

Are afraid to look at themselves. So they hate anything different. Different raises questions in the minds of those who don't know who they are, are insecure, they are formed from a bunch of indoctrination and television - all held in place with duct tape. That's the result of school. School - does not let people grow up. You do not grow up if somehow you learn everything, I connect a computer to your head and download all there is to know. You grow up - by experiencing the world, for yourself.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

In other words, school is an instrument of alienation. It alienates children from their families, not only by removing them physically but by replacing and professionalizing a traditionally important sphere of interaction: education. It alienates children from communities, segregating them by age, inducing competition among them, isolating them from adult life, and feeding them a curriculum determined by distant experts. (The community-breaking function of school is especially strong after 100 years of school consolidation and state-sponsored standardization of curricula). It alienates children from nature and the outdoors, of course, simply by keeping them inside all day—surely an unprecedented condition of childhood until the last century.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

Feel pain? What by expressing yourself on facebook with pictures of yourself sitting in the dark pulling your face.

I don't think so, the emo fad is just that.. a fad.

The music is awful the dress sense is awful and its not something that people will continue past the age of 20 anyway.

People turn to this sort of thing because it's seen as popular which kids have always done. The problem this time is this craze is all about being suicidal about everything and complaining about what a crap life you've got.

All these goons dressed in jeans that cut off the circulation to their legs should leave their dark cubby-hole and take a look at the real world, where people have normal haircuts, and don't wear clothing that belongs to the opposite gender.

Millions of people have it worse than them and just because it's popular they make themselves out to be different and outcasts of society that have to rebellious and are for some reason hyper sensitive.

Whew.. rant over. Damn I feel better

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
On the Mexico situation-Goog lord,how easy are people turned into a rioting mob baying for blood?

"Movimiento Anti-Emo Queretaro"-sounds like some kind of new revolutionary group...Surely there are more pressing issues in Mexico than the eradication of depressed teenagers-like the fact the country is run by drug cartels maybe???

Poor Emos...Talk about an easy target.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
EMO =/= GOTH

I fully stand behind the Goth movement.
As for the Emos: good riddance!

Other than that, this development is a seriously messed up infringement in peoples freedom of expression, according to the Russian Constitution anyways.
(Hmm, after reviewing it, they do have a nice Constitution, that cold teach the U.S. Constitution some nice tricks!)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ah Emos! Clearly at this stage we really need to just stop breeding and let the human race die out!

The disaffected youth of today is more disaffected than ever for one simple reason, and that’s laws against being able to put a very effective foot into a very effective kick to their very disaffected behinds.

It’s nice for a man to be in touch with their feminine side, but I highly recommend just sending it a post or greeting card on holidays, birthdays and anniversaries.

Today’s youth sure puts a heck of a lot of pressure on today’s adults to save the world, because this most recent crop is only going to want to do it if it’s a fun video game!

Great move by the Russians maybe they will let us send our American Emos to their Gulags to toughen them up some. Let’s see them deal with the emotions of crushing and carrying rocks all day in sub freezing temperatures on a cup of gruel in threadbare clothes!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i know why because its harder to tell who are vampires because the doth kids just look just like them . or on the flip side the vodka industry could be behind legislation worrying young russians my use this to cope with depression instead of classic treatment lots of vodka. seriously a russian friend of mine was chattiing with we the other day about in moscow nobody drinks vodka any more now they all drink beer. omg next you won't be allowed to be a redneck like me in russia.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wish my grass was emo . . . then it would cut itself

All the little whiny emo kids need to suck it up and learn to deal with what life throws at you.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Emo.

One day last year the son of some friends that I hadn't seen for awhile showed up at a family get together with long hair combed over his face and down past his chin so you couldn't even see his face. Of course everyone asked what's up with this kid. The answer from other kids there: he's an "emo".

Of course, the real answer is that he was just one more screwed up teenager who would do anything to get some attention.

Emo - schemo, it's just BS in reality.

My daughter went through an emo phase for a few years. Now she's back to normal - thank goodness.

I think they feel it's 'cool' more than anything else. What I learned is, as a parent, the more you get on their case about it, the more they want to do it. So I let her go through her phase. Maybe it was no fun rebelling when your parent gives you nothing to rebel against, LOL. I don't know. Now she looks like a normal teen and is happy and doing well in school.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Violet Sky]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkly_Eyed777
I heard about the emo bashing in Mexico too. It's such a shame that people can't accept others who are different you know? I mean you don't have to agree with what people do, but you can at least agree to disagree right?

Except that this whole "emo" thing is manufactured. These people are no different than any screwed up kids that came before them. The only new thing is that instead of trying to overcome their issues and become a productive member of society, they are using this to wallow in their self pity and beg for a free ride.

Uhm... this is what we do as humans... we carve out our own niches to justify our craziness.. I don't care who you are... WE ALL DO THIS!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join