It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Signs Expanded Wiretap Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

U.S. President George Bush has signed legislation expanding the government's surveillance powers.

The measure is the most extensive revision of U.S. surveillance law in 30 years. It is designed to enable intelligence agencies to move quickly to monitor communications involving terror suspects, in some cases without a special court warrant.

article

approved by the Senate:

Senators voted 80 to 15 to proceed to the legislation - 20 more than the 60 votes necessary under Senate rules.

The bill would allow electronic eavesdropping on American targets without court orders in what are designated as emergency situations, allowing the government to submit justifications within one week.

article

Well i suppose, majority of us new this would happen, it did.
what's next ? i don't know, but that next step will be soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its these kind of things that make me glad to live in Canada.....although I'm sure we are to follow suit. Man how many more rights is American government going to take away from its people before they stand up and revolt against it.

Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
... um, ok so now it's an official law big deal. They've been wire tapping people without court order for decades now they just refuse to admit it.l

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
my advice is to read the latest Scientific American (September 2008)
beacause it has a lot to say about Privacy issues

top topics

join