It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason why Obama didn't visit injured troops.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by mental modulator
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

" That liberal #@$%^$# used are troops to benefit his campaign, how dare he! "

Ahh, that is exactly what he was trying to do. The DOD knew it and they told him no.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Next, John Mccain would charge on to the stage on his HOOVER ROUND scooter and protest Obamas actions by firing off his spent diaper at the liberal media section....

Quite another nice display of liberal bigotry...this time against a man for his age.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by LiquidMirage]

Another try here... Censor Squad!

So first Obama did not want to visit the troops because he dos not care about them.

Now Obama did not visit the troops because the DOD became aware of O's desire to
create publicity, there for the DOD said in a bellowing voice " we know your motives... NO!"

You would be well served applying to ministry of propoganda at FOX, because you would make buku $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

I was attempting visceral mudslinging ala GOP however the " ULTRA LIBERAL MODERATORS " as you call them, gagged me out.

Wow... liberal bigotry

Ya,,, its not easy when the thread is born in the toilet...
SORRY JOHN MCCAIN...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I know that Andrew has me on ignore, but all the rest of you are avoiding my truthful statements why?

I hate that you all say that all we have is rhetoric, but when we have REAL issues, you only respond with rhetoric. Thanks! (waves as he drives away......)

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
I know that Andrew has me on ignore, but all the rest of you are avoiding my truthful statements why?

I hate that you all say that all we have is rhetoric, but when we have REAL issues, you only respond with rhetoric. Thanks! (waves as he drives away......)

Lay it on me--- as long as you don't say liberal unpatriotic @#$%$#, I will go with it...( unless you make me want to get banned!)

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Nobody is trying to censor anybody!

So first Obama did not want to visit the troops because he dos not care about them.

Now Obama did not visit the troops because the DOD became aware of O's desire to
create publicity, there for the DOD said in a bellowing voice " we know your motives... NO!"

No! First Obama wanted to visit with the wounded troops as long as he thought it was going to make him look good. The DOD told him "no media and no photo ops."

Second: Obama was offered the opportunity to visit with wounded troops as long as he refrained from turning it into a political publicity stunt. He choose not to take that opportunity. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why...well maybe it does because you're still scratching your head.

You would be well served applying to ministry of propoganda at FOX, because you would make buku $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Real mature pal! Real mature! You must be about 10 years old.

visceral mudslinging ala GOP

The only one mudslinging here is you!

however the " ULTRA LIBERAL MODERATORS " as you call them, gagged me out.

I never called them "ULTRA LIBERAL MODERATORS". In fact, I never addressed the moderators once. If they "gagged" you it was because you were violating the T&C's and needed a time out. Keep up the good work Mods!

Wow... liberal bigotry

There is more bigotry on the left now then there has ever been on the right. I really don't know what is worse; your comments or the fact that you don't realize they are bigoted.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Well Jason... I back tracked...

I think Obama's "trip" was certainly politically motivated. This is a "fight" for Americas future...

And since it has been learned that the Obama's weakness is in foreign policy it was a necessary trip in my eyes.

Yes it is politics, this is not surgery here - I believe the ultimate goal is demonstrate that the man can take charge of any surroundings, appear statesmen like, etc...

Where is the mortal sin in this?

I understand that you disliked his speech in Germany... Or possibly you disliked the spectacle of it? I'm not sure what you disagree with on that?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well you conservativfacsist are all out in force today aren't you? You will do anything and nothing is too low because it is you that USE our troops to make a point. You would complain if Obama would have visited the wounded, and now you complain because he didn't.

Some things should be off limits, and this is one of them. You speak that you are honorable, yet I see no honor in this.

This is a free country, and you have your right to your opinion, but is it really worth your honor? If you have to give up everything to win, then is it worth winning?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It is obvious to me that the obama followers are losing it.Most of what I read made no sences,it started with spin witch you cant spin not stopping and paying respects to wounded men and woman,then just pure anger and hateful statements towards everyone.
Get a grip followers your doing more damage then good to obama with all this scary hate mongering towards anyone that dare say a thing about O.
You can spin and ridacule tell you turn blue in the face and this bonehead move by who ever in the big O movement won't go away.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Battleline]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Well you conservativfacsist

This is about where I lost the ability to take your post seriously.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

What are you talking about? Nobody is trying to censor anybody!

No! First Obama wanted to visit with the wounded troops as long as he thought it was going to make him look good. The DOD told him "no media and no photo ops."

Second: Obama was offered the opportunity to visit with wounded troops as long as he refrained from turning it into a political publicity stunt. He choose not to take that opportunity. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why...well maybe it does because you're still scratching your head.

Real mature pal! Real mature! You must be about 10 years old.

visceral mudslinging ala GOP

The only one mudslinging here is you!

however the " ULTRA LIBERAL MODERATORS " as you call them, gagged me out.

I never called them "ULTRA LIBERAL MODERATORS". In fact, I never addressed the moderators once. If they "gagged" you it was because you were violating the T&C's and needed a time out. Keep up the good work Mods!

Wow... liberal bigotry

There is more bigotry on the left now then there has ever been on the right. I really don't know what is worse; your comments or the fact that you don't realize they are bigoted.

Censor squad was referring to the mods... They nixed a post, I felt it was unfair.

You know what Liquid Mirage we should not even do this...

I'm sorry for my mudslinging...

We are coming from two opposite views here.

Your final statement about the bigotry -- I think thats unbelievable --
It was the "Liberals" that marched in the sixties and got our heads bashed in because conservatives desired to maintain status quo, in regards to civil rights and the Vietnam war... I have not spilled blood here...

My comment on John Mccain was tongue and cheek... Yes bigoted, I am sorry to John Mccain and you sir ...

however I feel your analysis of OBAMAS non visitation is about as relevant as my joke.

I feel the exact same way towards your attitudes and motivations.

If you attack my guy, I'm after you...

If I attack your guy, your after me...

We will never agree, never,,,
YOU could have a knife to my throat and I it will not change my feelings... I believe with all my heart that I am in the right,,,

IF I believed in this war then I could better understand your convictions.

However I believe that this war is Wrong... I believe the president is a traitor and I believe John Mccain will perpetuate our country into further detriment!

I'm certain you strongly disagree...

Unfortunately I can assure you that I will not cross your line again, further more I cannot assure you that I will not use humor that you might take offense to in the future.

--- I have been called LIBERAL TERRORIST LOVER more times then I can recall here... I think it is easy to take it out on others who might be "affiliated" with ones tormentors.

Sorry

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Well, if you want a real answer....

I disliked the spectacle of his visit to Germany...

What trip was this? Because campaigning abroad does not make person more "vetted" on foreign policy.

Obama has 300 staffers for this. (fact)

THe problem I have is that the previous peoples who made a stand on that same stage stood for bringing down walls. Never have I seen an AMERICAN buy into media rhetoric, and confirm to the world that we are the problem. That if Obama gets in, the American image will be corrected.

Here's a question for you. What happens now if Mccain is elected? what about all these promises and speeches that Obama made when he had no control over foreign policy?
Will there be riots around the world?
The man is a proven liar. Don't talk to me about Bush or Mccain.

Just answer for Obama's lies.... Please?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

My point exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks, for proving my point.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Proven liar?

Name me ONE politician that isnt.

Lets try to stay away from the double standards

Obama is off talking to foreign governments (like a diplomat should) and McCain is off eating sausage with his buddies

nothing like Eating some german flavored sausage to show your support for foreign countries, eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Thanks, I just made that up.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Nice

considering that i'd wager all my life earnings that mroe than 3/4 of the people belonging to ATS have never served in the military.

Another double standard (way to go
)

If Commander in Chief was the only job of POTUS, then your argument would hold some merit.

But since it isnt, your argument is moot.

If we were to take your same logic, and apply it equally, then the POTUS would need a degree in law, earn less than 16,000 anually, live in the projects for atleast 18 years of his or her life, have had a decade or more of senate experience, be fluent in 14 different languages, served in the military, and actually graduated above the bottom 10 people in their class.

Good point, though....no no....really

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I'm a veteran, and you still avoided my FACTS while painting all politicians with the same brush to make your candidate look Okay.

Sad, Andrew.

Obama lies and you call everyone a racist who should believe in what he says...

But wait, you just admitted he was a liar....

So how do you know this change will come?

(let me guess, by calling Bush and McSame liars as well?)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I've never called Obama anything more than a Politician

its you and people like you who are attempting to paint him this immortal messiah in an attempt to discredit him.

You blast him for helping the flood victims and blast him for not visiting a military camp (even though he CANT)

Pretty said IMO

Doublestandards are ugly. Perhaps you should rethink yours?

I find it hilarious that neocons are so impotently terrified of Obama....and even funnier that the best candidate they could provide to beat him is John W. McCain

He didnt visit injured troops.

So what? He did earlier (refer to Bh's reply earlier in this thread)

He also didnt visit every national childrens cancer hospital in America. He didnt visit any of the VA hospitals in America, and he didnt visit The Ronald McDonald charities organization either.....what a butt-head!!

its so funny to listen to Neocons talk about the american people and their ideals with Obama.

Nay a one has gotten it right, and every single one of them insults our intelligence by telling us that Obama is a liar, and that we're all falling for it....then on the flip side they say that Obama thinks all americans are stupid lousy idiots who dont know any better.

Actually its the neocons who think this, and they prove it every time they open their mouths.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here here, let me try my skills at this neocon strategy of twisting any situation into a negative light.

All of this media hype for Obama is actually a ploy by the McCain campaign in order to make America so sick of Obama that they actually vote for McCain (afterall thats the only way he'll get some votes)

So McCain paid off all the big MSM companies to cover obama, extensively, in a conspiracy to stay low on the radar until November, and make a fashionably late entrance, stealing the election "republican style"

The media actually loves McCain and hates Obama. Thats why they ignore McCain.....

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Lot's of the word NEOCON being thrown around in a completely incorrect manner...

Do any of you know what it means?

Let me refresh you..

Neoconservatism is a political philosophy that emerged in the United States from the rejection of the social liberalism, moral relativism, and New Left counterculture of the 1960s.

the defection of some liberals to the right of the political spectrum; hence the term, which refers to being 'new' conservatives.

The term neoconservative was originally used as a criticism against liberals who had "moved to the right"

Wiki

Now as all of us on this thread that I know of, are and have always been Conservatives, your use of the term NEOCON is completely wrong..

Could you also be wrong about other things?

CONSERVATIVES are against Obama

Deny Ignorance

Semper

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Ahh, i see.

So then on that same note, one could say

Messiah:

1. the promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.
2. Jesus Christ, regarded by Christians as fulfilling this promise and expectation. John 4:25, 26.
3. (usually lowercase) any expected deliverer.
4. (usually lowercase) a zealous leader of some cause or project.
5. (italics) an oratorio (1742) by George Frideric Handel.

Source

is equally as fruitless as "neocon" yet used just as much

Conservatives painted Obama this immortal Messiah. Not his supporters.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well done ,quit a rant Wiggins.It seems to be just a few defending obama.Are you and the one or two others all there are?Its always the same ones.
"He didn't visit injured troops,SO WHAT?" I would bet thats just what obama was thinking,SO WHAT.You followers sure know your man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join