It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Release New Fighter. The J-10.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Not really, Germany lost it cuz they tried to take over the world. Same with Britain.

But China has an oppressive gov't, so they will never be allowed to dominate. America will not "face" anything like that.

And China has a while to go military-wise before they catch the United States.

What about the former USSR? Were they not oppresive? Yet they still dominated the USA military-wise. The USSR did not try to take over the world. Can you deny what the Americans are doing in the middle east now and threatening North Korea about its nuclear arms program? It is a dynamic world now, China is slowly changing, look at the USSR, they tried to be democratic in a short time, and look what it did to them.

Not true, the Soviets did not dominate the USA military-wise, we were about equal.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
The F-22's stealth technology is far more advanced than that of the F-117; and they have tried to detect the F-22, but it is very hard to do so. The point of the F-22's stealth is that it is a far more difficult plane to detect and too other enemy aircraft, it would be really hard to detect it; places where an F-15 would most definitely be serious danger an F-22 could venture into.

Chinese detection and SAM technologies are also light years ahead of Yugoslavia's, thereby negating any advances the F-22 may have over the F-117.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's a good thing the Serbs couldn't detect F-117's.

Do people honestly think a single shot down plane is a sign they can shoot down stealth planes? There were a number of factors involved that reduced the F-117's stealth.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Do you think that there is a big chance of shooting down 1 plane out of 10 stealth planes? How many F-117s were deployed anyway? I reckon less than 20. And how many sorties do you think they flew?I reckon less than 1000.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If it were a number game, its easily in the favor of the stealth aircraft. The F-117 wasn't detected under normal circumstances, though. Its stealth had been reduced, and they knew it was coming because it flew the exact same path the past few nights before.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Truth is, no one knows exactly what happened... probably not even the pilot.

The '117 could have been hit by AAA increasing its RCS and leading to a clean painting. None the less stealth is the future, the only way to even know a stealthy aircraft (including 1st gen stealth F-117) is to use a cell phone network (causes static) or visual sighting. IRST would be another way but the Typhoon and Raptor will be fitted with IRST jammers ~ the 2008 timeframe.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Considering the Serbs had a great deal of trouble even shooting at F-15/16/18's, I'd say F-117 isn't all that much harder to shoot down than those aforementioned non-stealth airplanes. The F-22's stealth capabilities are probably also overblown. However, I have heard from a guy in the know that the downing of the F-117 was due to some very bad luck, but then again, fly enough sorties and the chance of bad luck will increase dramatically.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It seems china has at least 12 J-10's so far in service.

www.freewebs.com...

www.defencetalk.com...

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Lucretius]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The first production year has already finished with 50 deployed in Yun Nan (Indian Border). More are building and followup variants are being developed also. J-10B two seater, J-10C Twin engine and Stealth.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
We know why that F-117 was shot down, unless of course you think the American government is lying, in which case I can't convince you otherwise because you're probably just not a big fan of America to begin with.

The F-117 had flown the same flight path a number of times already. The Serbs probably had good intelligence that an attack was coming. The F-117 had already dropped some of its bombs, which not only makes it less stealthy for a time, but put everyone in the area on alert. It's also likely the Serbs just shot up into the sky and hoped for a hit.

It clearly isn't a case of being able to detect the plane. It flew the most dangerous missions over Iraq and Yogoslavia.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Face it you Americans on this forum,all superpowers will lose their powers at one point, the Germans lost it even with a whole continent's recources,the Russians lost it,and now its time that the Chinese took over the Americans as the world superpower.

One problem with China taking over as the world superpower... Can China land 1 troop on american soil? I think not. Can China fly one J-10 over American soil? Nope. Can America do that to China? You bet. Maybe 15-20 years from now China MIGHT be able to take over the spot as the world superpower. But for now, planet earth is safe.

And I checked my American Flag...It says "Made in the U.S.A".

What paid for your Chinese flag? American Dollars!

[edit on 28-12-2004 by og_phantom]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
No, in 15-20 years, I think China will be a lot more powerful, but definitely not the world superpower. You can't just gain aircraft carriers, tanks, change your army, train your air force, know how to conduct carrier operations and command submarines at sea, etc......all in 15-20 years.

BTW, Lucretius, in that bottom picture you posted of the two J-10s flying along, is that an artist's depiction, or a real pic of them, and if so, is it a recruiting pic?? I just ask because that would be so perfect, post a picture like that in China with the writing of however they recruit people.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Broadsword20068]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think it's a recruitment poster but I can't be sure... I got it from DefenceTalk.com in the J-10 gallery

this is an actual picture of one in flight

and here is the cockpit

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
nice pics, i don't think i've seen those b4! China has been putting MUCH more emphasis on the military since after the 1996 Taiwan incident. I think it was a wake up call to the Chinese leaders, how when the two American carriers arrived, they couldn't do anything except put more missiles by the strait and release a couple Kilos subs(which did go off the sonar for a while and forced the Carrier groups to back off a lil for a short period of type)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Nice little fighter they have there! I say they come and join us in some war games, no?

Actually, that is a damn cute fighter! Looks like a cross between a Typhoon, Lavi, F-16, Mirage, and MFI...

I�d trade my coming F-16 for one!

[edit on 29-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
yup, i think the single engine design makes planes like the F-16 and J-10 look pretty cute(nice choice of word for something designed to kill and destroy wouldn't u say?) But I still think the 2 engine design is sexier, like the F-14/15/22.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The twin engined one could be mistaken for a MFI if it was in Russian markings,but of course the J-10 has a single vertical tail wing while the MFI has four ...I'll still love to stick some Chinese decals on the MFI though
Compare:

J-10

MFI

EDIT:I know its too big,but let me slide will ya?

[edit on 29/12/04 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

yup, i think the single engine design makes planes like the F-16 and J-10 look pretty cute(nice choice of word for something designed to kill and destroy wouldn't u say?) But I still think the 2 engine design is sexier, like the F-14/15/22.

It is ironic considering they are instruments of war...
Not to get too off topic but how do you feel about the looks of the F/A-18E-G?
I think its one sleek looking ride, now only if they could squeeze more speed out of it.

Nice photos, there is a size limit on pictures here?
I'd hate to see a Raptor and an MFI fight it out... I'd kill myself in anticipation, and fear, and guilt, and well... I'd just go crazy.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
That photo of the two J-10's in flight is beatufully shot, its a shame that people always have the question "is it a fake" in their minds these days but that really is a top quality photograph of the highest order.

I'm really into the aesthetics of aircraft design and form, ie to my eyes the difference between a DC-8 and a 707 is perfectly plain to see whereas someone else might see them as being the same, which probably explains why I leap upon comments on here about planes looking the same (ie LCA = Mirage, Rafale = Typhoon etc).

The waqy I see the J-10 is that it is a handsome looking fighter that is clearly based on the Lavi and nothing else, the 'F-16ness' in its appearance is just what came with the Lavi as that had a bit of GD influence in it at the time. In overall stance it actually reminds me more of the X-31, from which design it has actually taken nothing.

But I like it, I think a PC game where Typhoons are dogfighting with J-10's in a Battle of Britain type scenario would be right up my street

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I'm really into the aesthetics of aircraft design and form, ie to my eyes the difference between a DC-8 and a 707 is perfectly plain to see whereas someone else might see them as being the same, which probably explains why I leap upon comments on here about planes looking the same (ie LCA = Mirage, Rafale = Typhoon etc).

I just made the comment... I may have had underlying intentions but nothing more... Military aviation I a big part of my life and I can easily tell the difference between just about every combat aircraft made, however, civilian aircraft besides the main Boeing, Cessna, Learjet, and airbus leave me stuck in the dark...

And yes, a realistic game with the EF-Typhoon and J-10 would be fun... Expect the Typhoon to drown the J-10 in real life though...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join