posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:11 PM
As a Taiwanese, here is my opinon on the topic:
1) If reunification is a must, then you, china, had better believe that you have to reform to a similar system to Taiwan or the United States. NOBODY
is going to block google.com from me. NOBODY is going to take away my home and then build a dam or olympic stadium on top of it to only pay me 100 RMB
as compensation. NOBODY is going to shoot me in the head or jail me for 10 years for speaking ill about the goverment. I can stand right here in
Taiwan and say "I hate Chen Sui Bian" and I WILL NOT be arrested. That is FREEDOM.
I am not against Re-unification. I am against Re-unification with an Authoritarian government.
2) In the posts I often read: Well, let the chinese people all vote. That gives China the majority 98% Yes on reunification. DUH. Well, how about
this? Since chinese in china cannot vote for their president, hell, they can't even vote in a beauty pagent most likely, why don't you let the
people of Taiwan vote. Hmmm.... Novel idea. Afterall, we are already use to the "process" of voting. We don't want to teach ALL chinese people
"what" voting is and "how" to do it. Takes too much time and under the Authoritarian government, they wouldn't understand the concept.
3) You claim that you are liberating us? From what?! Are you people mentally capable of fathoming the fact that people on Taiwan are HAPPY??? We are
not kept in a "cage" as china calls it, like prisoners. Hell, people from CHINA are trying to emmigrate TO TAIWAN. There is a waiting LIST! Now, I
don't know what kind of cage that is but sure sounds like a good one to be in if people in china are trying to emmigrate to "the cage." Maybe we
have some fun stuff over here huh? You bet. We can start with freedom of speech.
4) Many chinese deny that Taiwan has a "government." Okay, I don't want to argue with cretins so I'll call the "goverment" a "bunch of people
running around." Now the "bunch of people running around" have created one of the most prosperous economies not to mention democracy in Asia. The
envy of many Asian neighbors. For a "bunch of people running around" on a small island, I would say, that's not bad at all.
5) You say you want to reunify peacefully yet you shoot missles over our heads. Hmmmm..... Don't have to be socrates or a rocket scientist to know
that a "threat missle" is mutually exclusive to peace.
6) I have heard the "Let China take Taiwan" argument. Who cares? It doesn't affect me! You will when you go to your local U.S. Best Buy to purchase
electronics and that $600.00 HP computer is suddenly $4,000.00. Why? Oh because Taiwan manufactures the majority of computer components for
Televisions, Electronics in general and Computers. So why is the computer so much?! Well, the factory that makes the motherboard has been bombed.
Thus, they can't ship the motherboards to HP. Thus, HP doesn't know when they can complete production of the comptuers so the ones that are out now,
we'll just jack up the price. Don't get me started on LCD, Plasmas, Digital Cameras, etc... Sony, GE, Toshiba, Samsung, whatever, they all have
components from Taiwan. Oh and if the Taiex (Taiwan stock exchange) goes down, that WILL affect the economies of the world. One thing Americans
hate is HIGH PRICES, like the rest of the free world.
Enough ranting... I'm going to get on google.com to search for stuff.... can you do that? If you can, your not in China =)
Oh by the way the PRC BANNED doreamon... HAHA a cute little cartoon featuring a blue robotic cat with a propellor on his head. It's EVIL. HAHAHAH.
Time for the Chairman Mao's learning hour children. Featuring.... The dancing little red book! Yeah!!!