It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Release New Fighter. The J-10.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Eventually all M-1s will be upgraded to M-1 A2 specs.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger

Originally posted by Seekerof
Shhhhh, jetsetter.....they are enjoying their game called "illusions of granduer"......

Perhaps it won't be long before they add to that T-90 list that it also comes with a buy one get one free clause and a "bolt-on plasma generator" to boot, eh?!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Seekerof]

usa got only 66? m1a2 and russia got 5000 t80!

You know, out of respect, I am not going to even laugh at this. I truly think you believe what you wrote down $tranger........

Its either that or your avatar truly is rubbing off on ya.

But lets get back to real world here.....
www.fas.org...

The site I provided above says otherwise. The US has produced approx. 8,800 +/- M1A1 and M1A2's! Saudi Arabia has bought 300 +/-; Kuwait has bought 200 +/-; Egypt has bought 300 +/-......take those numbers from 8,800 and that leaves you with approx. 8,000 left in US inventories..........
Umm, we won't even go into kill ratio's of the M1A1/A2's.
I also find it quite humorous how one spec's out a T-90 and a T-80 and claim that a Abrams cannot target it but it has been battlefield proven to be the opposite......must have forgotten those upgrades to the fire control systems on the Abrams that have been on-going for ummm, quite awhile......
And to think that we can actually provide enough parts and fuel for those 8,000 MBT's also.......

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
russian tanks numbers:

PT-76 - 1100 units.
T-54/T-55 - 10000 units .
T-62 - 8000 units.
T-64 - 4000 units.
T-72 - 9000 units.
T-80 - about 5000 units.
T-90 on low production.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

russian tanks numbers:

PT-76 - 1100 units.
T-62 - 8000 units.
T-64 - 4000 units.
T-72 - 9000 units.
T-80 - about 5000 units.
T-90 on low production.

Got FUEL? Got PARTS? Even have the PAID manpower to operate them all.......?!

I'm sure if I check those numbers they will probably be off as was the number you gave for the Abrams per chance?! By about 7930 +/- tanks........

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007
LOL
Maybe not 1.2 Billion though the Chinese Liberation Army is the largest Single Army in the world.
Being able to mobilize 2 million troops with in a matter of days.
I'll tell you now that if the U.S. and Allies or what ever tried to invade China, they wouldn't be able to.

so what? omg they have a huge army. its called reaching air supirority then bombin g the living # outta them for days on end. then when the army is a fractiion of itself, you launch a blitz across the chinnes mainland! thats how you fight china.

and russian made tanks aint got # on american ones. you have to remember the old soviet way of thinking. quanity not quality.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by KrazyIvan]

not to mention the chinees fleet would be rippeed a new asshole by ours!

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I tell you this once.. just once.. none of you know little or nothing about real war.. last Americans to even been in real war were those in vietnam.. after that you have just fought a bands of poorly armed criminals.. only real army you have confronted is that of Serbia.. and even them you never came 5000m closer.. Your infantry wasnt even send there.. and your drones, f-117s and f-16s were shot out of the sky.. only damage inflicted by US was to civilian and fixed targets.. and now you are dissing Russians
if there would be a war between Russia and US then even i would say those hated words: "God bless America.." as nothing short of mirracle would save your azzes.. now you wonder.. where would the Russians get the weapon and money to pay the soldiers.. well.. ill tell ya..
During a real war they dont have to pay wages.. and the factories will produce the weapons for free.. The russians have all resources they need in their own land..

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Do you really think that? The Russian army is falling apart. Their navy is falling apart. Their Airforce is falling apart. The Russian will not be a threat to anyone for quite a while. The only thing I am worried about is nuclear material being taken out of Russian to make a bomb.

You say what you say but you know I am right.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Do you really think that? The Russian army is falling apart. Their navy is falling apart. Their Airforce is falling apart. The Russian will not be a threat to anyone for quite a while. The only thing I am worried about is nuclear material being taken out of Russian to make a bomb.

You say what you say but you know I am right.

Really you shouldnt belive things they tell you at CCN about Russia.. the things arent anymore like they were during Mr.Jeltsins drunken circus.. Mr.Putin has and is doing great thing for russian army and the hole nation.. only problem that Russia has that it has become a democracy.. a thing that Mr.Putin is working to get undone.. you must realise that Russian and slavic people in general need SOMEBODY GREAT that TELLS THEM WHAT TO DO.. they dont know by themselfs what to do.. THEY MUST BE DICTATED TO GET THE THINGS DO.. and Mr.Putin ex-KGB knows how to ORDER people..

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Don't have to rely on CNN....we are hearing it from the Russian's themselves....
Russia is cool....I have no problem with them.
No one is perfect and unbeatable.....that includes the US.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Uninen!!!
Dude, just found some awesome and great news for you. Good news indeed....

www.guardian.co.uk...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Seekerof..

Thanks man.. i have allready know about these plans for some time.. more than 1 year.. but the others will also see this.. and that is good..

And this bussines of Russia bying / building Mi-28.. i really dont get that one.. as they have Ka-50 and variants that were even field tested in Chechenya.. with GOOD results..

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPCZHL
I do not care how the American view the collision of So-called EP-3 with Chinese figther, if I were that pilot, I will knock EP-3 down with not hesitation even if running a risk of my future.

hey man that commie pilot was flashing the bird at our guys and being an asshole. he was also flying dangerously close to the orion. he got what he deserved!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I second that.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by SPCZHL
I do not care how the American view the collision of So-called EP-3 with Chinese figther, if I were that pilot, I will knock EP-3 down with not hesitation even if running a risk of my future.

hey man that commie pilot was flashing the bird at our guys and being an asshole. he was also flying dangerously close to the orion. he got what he deserved!

Well i still think that the Chinese wing men seeing that hes leader was going down.. should have HOLED UP the ep-3 with the Gsh-23-2 23mm cannon.. and killed those spies..

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
But he didn't and those so-called "spies" were returned home, eh Uninen?

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
But he didn't and those so-called "spies" were returned home, eh Uninen?

regards
seekerof

Yeah.. they surely were.. i just said what the remaining Chinese pilot should have done.. well he didnt.. and anyways i was kinda heatet up when i wrote that..
Now im just chilling..

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   

russian tanks numbers:

PT-76 - 1100 units.
T-62 - 8000 units.
T-64 - 4000 units.
T-72 - 9000 units.
T-80 - about 5000 units.
T-90 on low production.

HAHAHA, most of these tanks aren't even operational. The Soviets/Russians loved to stockpile armour in warehouses etc, just in case they may ever need them. I think you'll find that the T-72/80/90 are the only ones actually operational with frontline units.

Also do these figures include exported tanks or just ones for domestic use ?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well.. Only T-72/80/90 are the ones that are modern and usable on moderd battlefield..
But Russia does also use the T-55/62 at least in Chechenya..
And those must be the figures currently in Russian use as the T-55 is the most producet TANK ever and even Sherman and T-34 both were made more than 50.000
during ww2 and production of those continued long after.. 1950s?

*edit*

Btw it only takes 3 men to operate the T-72/80/90.. (those have automatic gun loader..) and 4 men to operate any western tank.. some even 5? [The Crew]

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Uninen, it has been shown that the automatic loader reduces the reload time of the main gun. Some unlucky gunners have even had their arm ripped off by the auto loader.
Western tank designers looked at the auto loader and discarded it. Mainly due to it's inflexibility under combat conditions.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Uninen, it has been shown that the automatic loader reduces the reload time of the main gun. Some unlucky gunners have even had their arm ripped off by the auto loader.
Western tank designers looked at the auto loader and discarded it. Mainly due to it's inflexibility under combat conditions.

Yeah.. i kinda knew that.. as Finnish army had all auto loaders removed from their BMP-1 IFV:s .. The T-72:s still have it though.. i think..
But i just mentioned the auto loader cause it saves man power.. spares men for more tank crews.. or to some other "jobs"..

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Uninen]

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join