It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Release New Fighter. The J-10.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes Americans did use Plasma Field Technology,... in Star Trek movies.

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
no problem $tranger....when I find that article again...be sure I'll post it....but be assurd, the Russians aren't "Joe Bob I have the best stuff". You would make an asset though in the military commercials backing Russian military products..for sure.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
MiG 1.42 MFI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MiG 1-42 MFI (Mnogofunktsionalny Frontovoi Istrebitel - Multifunctional Frontline Fighter), sometimes referred to in the West as "ATFski," is a low-observable (LO) multirole fighter. The primary mission of the 1.42 is air-superiority, which makes 1.42 a direct Russian equivalent of the USAF F-22, but, being a multi-functional fighter, it performs almost just as well in a strike mission. Two prototype have been built, called the MiG 1-44. The program has been suspended many times due to lack of funds but it has survived. It carries missiles in internal bays and on external pylons (like the F-22) and, as MiG MAPO claims, it is stealthier than the F-22. The chief designer of the 1.42 claims it will have greater agility and range than the F-22 (It has 3D TVC and it is big). If it's built, it could enter service around 2006-2008. It is a twin-engined aircraft with a cranked delta wing, canards, twin tail fins, jet intakes under the nose, and 3D vectoring nozzles. It's supposed to be incredibly agile and it will be able to supercruise. It features the new Phazotron N-014 phased array fire control radar as well as a rearward-facing N-012 radar. To reduce RCS it sports a heavy coating of RAM, S-shaped compressor channels, internal weapon storage, LO airframe geometry, and maybe an active radar cancellation system (RCS) or a plasma cloud stealth (PCS) system. The MiG 1.42 will cost about $70 million, compared to the EF2000's $60 million, the USAF JSF's $24 million, and the F-22's $150 million. Though it will probably never enter service in Russia due to its high price tag and Russia's financial crisis, China and India could supply some of the money to develop it and might be primary customers. It is featured in Jetfighter: Full Burn (as the MiG-42) but looks a little different.

Type: MiG/MAPO 1.42
Function: Multirole Fighter
Crew: 1
Engines: 2 * Two three-dimensional thrust-vectoring Saturn/Lyulka AL-41F turbofans, capable of 44,100 lb of thrust in afterburner
Wing Span: 16.40 m
Length: 20.00 m
Height: 5.60 m
Max.Weight: 34500 kg
Empty Weight: 16500 kg
Speed: 2450 km/h
Ceiling: 18945 m
Range: 4000 km
Armament: 1*cannon 30 mm
6000kg
12 internal hardpoints

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Beautiful isn't she?

It looks a little lanky! A little over weight if you will.

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by barba007]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
*sigh*

read this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yes we know were just adding more information. As If people haven't repeated posts on "CHINA RELEASE NEW FIGHTER. THE J-10" FORUM.

Can you find out if there actually putting it into full production $tranger?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by barba007

Yes we know were just adding more information. As If people haven't repeated posts on "CHINA RELEASE NEW FIGHTER. THE J-10" FORUM.

Can you find out if there actually putting it into full production $tranger?

yes, but it will be smaller, it will be a mig 1.44/su-47 hybrid

"The MiG 1-44 is seen as a technology demonstrator for the PAK FA"

In May, Yuriy Koptiev, general director of Rosaviakosmos state agency said that the prototype of the PAK FA would take-off in 2006 and that in 2010 the aircraft would be ready for series production.

The Sukhoi Su-47 is an example of Russian experimental aircraft that may influence the PAK FA design

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
i dont think that the russians will be able to make many of them considering their shortage of money...i think most of them would prob go to india and china

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thanks $tranger!
Did anyone ever tell you that your very informative?

Thanks again. Can always rely on ya!

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
it wont cost 150 million like f22, it cost only 30 million

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by $tranger]

Mat

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Firstly, high I am new.

Now on to business, I believe this Russian super fighter to be in the Eurofighter class. No doubt it would have significantly better manoeuvrability (thrust vectoring no doubt and lots of complex control surfaces) but the avionics would doubtless be vastly inferior especially the emc (regardless of what anybody from Avionica Ruska may claim). The stealth claim I find a bit hard to swallow my knowledge of plasma leads me to believe it is anything but the leapfrog technology it is made out to be, yes internal storage may give it an advantage in stealth over a eurofighter but let us not forget this is a big bird. This aircraft is in the Eurofighter class please nobody delude yourself into believing this is a F22 killer.

All this hype reminds me of all the tall tales about the Mig-25 and its apparently unprecedented capabilities, no US design would stand a snow flakes ect ect........ yawn... heard it all before and dont but a word of it. We should remember US kit frequently has been much better than official stats, whilst Russian gear often fails to meet the advertisers claim.

As for the J-10 I reckon a realistic estimate would be halfway between a block30 F16 and a Eurofighter. Say roughly equal to the Sabb Grippen. But given the reality of previous ambitious Chinese aircraft projects this may prove optimistic.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mat
Firstly, high I am new.

Now on to business, I believe this Russian super fighter to be in the Eurofighter class. No doubt it would have significantly better manoeuvrability (thrust vectoring no doubt and lots of complex control surfaces) but the avionics would doubtless be vastly inferior especially the emc (regardless of what anybody from Avionica Ruska may claim). The stealth claim I find a bit hard to swallow my knowledge of plasma leads me to believe it is anything but the leapfrog technology it is made out to be, yes internal storage may give it an advantage in stealth over a eurofighter but let us not forget this is a big bird. This aircraft is in the Eurofighter class please nobody delude yourself into believing this is a F22 killer.

All this hype reminds me of all the tall tales about the Mig-25 and its apparently unprecedented capabilities, no US design would stand a snow flakes ect ect........ yawn... heard it all before and dont but a word of it. We should remember US kit frequently has been much better than official stats, whilst Russian gear often fails to meet the advertisers claim.

su-37/mig-31bm already can be compared with the f22

and how stealthy is an aircraft illuminating a target for an AMRAAM? Or, for that matter, how stealth is an AMRAAM itself? All that low-observability goes straight out the window when you fire a radar-guided missile.

And With multiple sensors of DIFFERENT TYPES, superior missiles, their insistance exceptionally high manueverability, high thrust:weight ratios, off-boresight weapons, and fighters that can operate off of a gravel road in the boonies, they don't DEPEND on any one of their technologies. Same with the Eurofighter, and Rafale, which try to reduce their radar cross-section, but also have off-boresight weapon systems, IRSTs, small size, high manueverability, etc... these are fighters that don't depend on one or two technologies like the f22.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger

Originally posted by Mat
Firstly, high I am new.

su-37/mig-31bm already can be compared with the f22

and how stealthy is an aircraft illuminating a target for an AMRAAM? Or, for that matter, how stealth is an AMRAAM itself? All that low-observability goes straight out the window when you fire a radar-guided missile.

And With multiple sensors of DIFFERENT TYPES, superior missiles, their insistance exceptionally high manueverability, high thrust:weight ratios, off-boresight weapons, and fighters that can operate off of a gravel road in the boonies, they don't DEPEND on any one of their technologies. Same with the Eurofighter, and Rafale, which try to reduce their radar cross-section, but also have off-boresight weapon systems, IRSTs, small size, high manueverability, etc... these are fighters that don't depend on one or two technologies like the f22.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by $tranger]

but in the future...countries with fighters that specialize in different abilities will be able to make really good combos and if faced by a country with multi-purpose fighters, the country with the better combo will win

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The only thing that worries me about the J-10 is that China is capable of producing and astronomical amount of Aircraft. They were building MiGs and Sus for a long time in China and have the know how, man power and expertise to make allot of planes.
Maybe not 5 generation like they presume though they might be going on the analogy that Quantity not Quality! Though even if we they have a happy median, were in trouble.
Do not underestemate your opponent!

oh no a new chinees fighter

it dont matter if they have a new fighter. the fighter is only as good as the pilot behind it. i am not worried about it. hell the IAF could rip the Chinees airforce a new one.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiiii

Originally posted by Seekerof

Yep, like those are going to have anything to do in hampering what they cannot see right?!?

you think that "f22" is totally invisible ?

You think anything the Russian's or Chinese has is?!
Personally, the Air Force was being kind when they named the F-22 "Raptor"....I heard they were going to name it: "Rapedya".......

regards
seekerof

i believe the russians have the stealth ability in their Mig 1.42

yeah if they can ever get to building more than 3

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Beautiful isn't she?

It looks a little lanky! A little over weight if you will.

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by barba007]

sigh. ivan can sure build em pretty

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by hiiii

Yep, like those are going to have anything to do in hampering what they cannot see right?!?

you think that "f22" is totally invisible ?

You think anything the Russian's or Chinese has is?!
Personally, the Air Force was being kind when they named the F-22 "Raptor"....I heard they were going to name it: "Rapedya".......

regards
seekerof

i believe the russians have the stealth ability in their Mig 1.42

yeah if they can ever get to building more than 3

thats true..the russians may not be able to build many..but the indians and chinese will have some...and then from the money the russians earn from selling the migs...they could produce more...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
oh no indian and chinees pilots behind MiG 1.44!

so what. it dont matter how technology advanced the fighters are, its a up to the pilot! as long as we have the better pilots the MiG 1.44 is usless aginst the USAF. on the other hand they could be used aginst Tiwan then we'd might have a small problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
oh no indian and chinees pilots behind MiG 1.44!

so what. it dont matter how technology advanced the fighters are, its a up to the pilot! as long as we have the better pilots the MiG 1.44 is usless aginst the USAF. on the other hand they could be used aginst Tiwan then we'd might have a small problem.

im not saying it would greatly enhance china and india's air force capabilities, im just saying that Russia could potentially earn some money from these countries and make their own Mig 1.44s and put their own pilots behind them...

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
oh on! russian pilots.
run for the hills! you make me laugh.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join