It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smell - what do Women want?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I like the sweet smelling cologne, not musky!
...and when applying the man is supposed to spray the air in front of him, then walk into the mist!
An Ocean Breeze, or light scented body wash always leaves a nice soothing smell on a man to me!
Lotion does its job well too...that is if they wear it, if not the lady could always rub it on him...lol!

I cannot stand mens deodorant either!
I would rather them wear Brazilian Cherry, or Peach Secret Platinum gel!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I never liked strong odors (garlic, onions and musk). So any light scented ones (flowery, breezy, sweetie) would do well on my guy, if any and anytime.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Usually it's only antiperspirants that contain Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex.... That does not mean normal deodorant does not have nasties.... but usually not Alumunium.

[edit on 26/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i dont think you know how much better about yourself you'll feel when you shave, wash and axe yourself and wear cologne.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I actually like it when guys wear cologne, but then again I've always been stimulated through my senses...smell good, feel good, sound good...look good...dare I say.... taste good....

[edit on 7/27/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
I like the sweet smelling cologne, not musky!
...and when applying the man is supposed to spray the air in front of him, then walk into the mist!
An Ocean Breeze, or light scented body wash always leaves a nice soothing smell on a man to me!
Lotion does its job well too...that is if they wear it, if not the lady could always rub it on him...lol!

I cannot stand mens deodorant either!
I would rather them wear Brazilian Cherry, or Peach Secret Platinum gel!

Haha see I was right guys! A lot of women love sweet smelling scents. If I wear one, a woman always comments.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I actually like it when guys wear cologne, but then again I've always been stimulated through my senses...smell good, feel good, sound good...look good...dare I say.... taste good....

[edit on 7/27/2008 by jensouth31]

OH MY! Jenny girl you naughty thing...
I wholeheartedly agree.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Bring it honey!!!

Takes one to know one

There's nothing wrong with something tasting good... or smelling good

Edit* to add

[edit on 8/2/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sometimes the QOP tells me I smell like vanilla. Then othertimes; a randy old goat.

I don't use any after market scent. Is baby powder a scent?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A vanilla scent is Hot whaaa....

It's disturbing in many, many ways

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Natural clean is what I prefer. But if someone likes a bit of scent, I highly recommend Sandalwood for men.

Now, true Sandalwood is rare because the number of wild sources has gone down a LOT, so I recommend getting the FO, or fragrance oil. Yeah it's made in a lab, but is subtle and easy on the nostrils unlike some FOs.

I bought some of this FO to use in a special shaving soap I wanted to make for hubby. OMG what a sexy, earthy scent for a man. It's so subtle, but it's there when you get close.

I don't really even care for the deodorant/anti perspirant scents. They give me a headache. I rarely even use the stuff myself. I have to wash more often, yes, but that's preferable to using chemicals.

I'm pretty lucky though. My hubby doesn't get stinky at all. He never has to use deodorant. His natural scent is just perfect.

But a general rule regarding fragrances, for both men and women. If someone can smell you coming a mile away, you're wearing too much. Just walk down the detergent aisle in the stores and you'll know what I mean.

If they have to nuzzle you in order to pick up any scent, then you are wearing enough.

The worst female fragrance I ever smelled was Rose. True rose essential oil is like over $2,000 per ounce. So most of what you find in rose fragrances is made in a lab. Used to know a lady that would volunteer for the Chamber of Commerce. Every time people saw her they literally ran, or tried to find excuses to get away from her. She REEKED of fake rose smell, and her face had an odd oily sheen to it. Upon questioning others, I found out rose lady plastered Vaseline all over her face.

For women, I recommend an herb scent. Lavender, lemon balm, rosemary, chamomile, etc. Even vanilla. I cut my lavender plant the other day and have already dried the flowers. They have such a delicate scent. I also made a homemade skin salve with lavender, chamomile, calendula and aloe - all from plants I grew. It smells awesome. Every time I use it my dogs act like they want to eat the whole jar of salve. Hubby told me it smelled sorta like cinnamon, even there is no cinnamon in the mixture.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Wow, a real expert. A virtual cedar chest of olfactory gustation, or gustatory olfaction.

You can add your two scents to any of my threads, anytime.

(PS have you seen my 'dog fishing' pictorials?)

Best,
-B

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hehehe, not an "expert" by any means. That's just experience talking after dealing with scents for homemade toiletry products. There are literally thousands of scents out there.

If anyone wants to sniff multiple scents, have some ground coffee with you and sniff the coffee in between. Otherwise, your nose will get overloaded and eventually you'll smell nothing for a little while. hehe

And no, I haven't seen your pics. Where are they?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Ground coffee, eh? Wonder what the theory is behind that.

Here's confirmation
Coffee resets sense of smell

I see in your .sig you are a dog rescuer and puppy person. Here's my humorous tribute to dog fishing. Glad to have you on ATS. I could tell immediately you are good people!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I always wear cologne I know of a few times when my ex would make a big deal and say I put too much on,I just tell her"I don't smell so good" lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join