It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence of media bias: following the money trail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

An analysis of federal records shows that the amount of money journalists contributed so far this election cycle favors Democrats by a 15:1 ratio over Republicans, with $225,563 going to Democrats, only $16,298 to Republicans .

Two-hundred thirty-five journalists donated to Democrats, just 20 gave to Republicans — a margin greater than 10-to-1. An even greater disparity, 20-to-1, exists between the number of journalists who donated to Barack Obama and John McCain.

Article

Much like the polls showing that the public believes it, its no real surprise when it turns out to be true. The title of the article is misleading, but the overall facts are true: journalists at the major news outlets have given 15 times as much money to Dems as Republicans durting this cycle, and an overwhelming number have given to Barack Obama instead of John McCain.

Guess they didn't expect someone to actually check the facts.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The money doesn't mean anything, the result has already been decided, it's all just an illusion of choice for Joe Public.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As if we needed more evidence... But isn't it normal for newspapers and such to endorse one candidate or the other? Isn't it fairly normal for human beings (even if they are journalists) to have preferences and send money to their candidate of choice?

What am I missing?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, that's perfectly normal for individuals to do that.

The problem here is that the entire media overwhelmingly supports one side over the other. Individuals can counterbalance each other and still provide, on the whole, unbiased coverage, but when the entire industry swings to the left, it really should make the public wonder whether they're getting the truth or the truth according to the Democratic party.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It realy does put the screws to the George Soros bunch thats trying to convince us that the media is rabidly republican and conservative. Every time I hear one of the liberal talking heads start with that crap, I have to laugh and ask myself if I'm in another alternate dimension!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, that's perfectly normal for individuals to do that.

The problem here is that the entire media overwhelmingly supports one side over the other. Individuals can counterbalance each other and still provide, on the whole, unbiased coverage, but when the entire industry swings to the left, it really should make the public wonder whether they're getting the truth or the truth according to the Democratic party.

Entire industry? Really? So Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs, and Orielly are shills for the the Dems?

I just don't get it. First of all Obama is a candidate with overwhelming support in the public, so it stands to reason that this would also be mirrored in the media.

Understand, it's like quantum physics, the media isn't somehow magically disconnected from the world. And what ever the polls suggest about people at large can probably be said about the folks in the media as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Overwhelming? He's polling about 45%, just a handful of points higher than McCain.

And yes, there are conservatives in the media. 'Entire media' is meant to be taken as the media as a whole having a strong liberal streak. Of course, you will find exceptions to that and they certainly are out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Quazga

Overwhelming? He's polling about 45%, just a handful of points higher than McCain.

And yes, there are conservatives in the media. 'Entire media' is meant to be taken as the media as a whole having a strong liberal streak. Of course, you will find exceptions to that and they certainly are out there.

Yes well considering the majority of the world supports Obama, and alot of the media broadcasts overseas, in addition how long has it been for the media to defend Bush and support the war in Iraq? I refer you to 2002-2004, you tell me how the media played out.

The righties had no issue when GOP propaganda ruled the media airways during the first half of the 00's, now all of sudden the truth is coming out, all I hear are crys that "its the liberal media! its the liberal media!".

top topics

join