It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What 'Disclosure' actually is, terminology etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Damn if this word's not getting thrown around a bit lately, and I wanted to clarify what 'Disclosure' really means in the context of the Alien coverup. What it means is undeniable proof presented by a world government with an admission that the government has been dealing with aliens for some time.

That's all Disclosure is people. I'm sure there will be some that will disagree with me, and that's cool, but if you look at the context of this discussion, that's what it really is. Beyond that you have:

Limited Disclosure, which means the government says they've only been dealing with them for a little while, when in fact they have been dealing with them for a while.

Full Disclosure, which means the government owns up to the entire history of their dealings with aliens - yeah, right!

Gradual Disclosure, possibly any of the things that have been suggested in this forum as signs towards disclosure. But it's impossible to tell this side of the actual disclosure, and disclosure is all about the payoff at the end.

If you're talking about undeniable proof without an admission of a history with the government, you're talking about a First Contact scenario. One of these could easily be faked, but it's really not technically 'Disclosure'.

Feel free to make corrections or disagree, but I think if we're going to have discussions about something, we should be clear about the terminology.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
People seem to be getting quite excited recently about a possible disclosure, in every thread there seems to be some mention of it.

Nice, informative post anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
What it means is undeniable proof presented by a world government with an admission that the government has been dealing with aliens for some time...

So, in other words, "disclosure" is when the government says exactly what you want to hear. Anything less than confirmation of what you believe won't be disclosure.

Since you apparently already have the answers, why are you worried about disclosure?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Are you trying to be a jerk? Perhaps my wording could have been better. How about 'admission that the government has been aware of alien life for some time' instead?

Or is even that too much for you? If so, then consider:

disclose

verb
1. make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret

If they don't already know, it aint disclosure.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Are you trying to be a jerk?

No, I am asking you a challenging question. I ask because it seems in defining what disclosure is and is not, you already have your mind made up as to what "the truth" is. And if you do not hear what you want to hear, you will not accept it.

How about 'admission that the government has been aware of alien life for some time' instead?

How about The Truth, whatever it may be, without any qualifiers?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Firstly, the only 'question' you asked me was 'why do I care about disclosure?' I didn't answer because I thought it was a rhetorical question. I care because I want to know what's actually going on (even though I don't believe we'll ever get full disclosure) and because I want to see the effect that this knowledge will have on the world. I believe it will be positive, although it may not, either way I'm interested to know, and interested to see the effect.

in the context of the Alien coverup

We're in the Aliens & UFO forum. We're talking about Aliens and UFOs. Why drop back to a vauge, useless 'The Truth' whatever it may be. Let's talk about what we're talking about. Alien life. If the government hasn't been aware of alien life for an extended time, then it's not disclosure.

You see governments always delay the release of information if they believe it could be sensitive. That's a given. So if the government discovered say microbial alien life a few years ago, then I don't believe that is even considered 'kept a secret'. It's just the usual secrecy.

If the government discovered microbial alien life 10, 25, 50 years ago, then it has obviously been withheld beyond the normal government withholding. That means there's been a real effort beyond the normal to keep it secret and that means if it revealed, then we have 'Disclosure'.

I don't care what form it comes in, I just want government confirmation with proof of alien life. I honestly don't care in what they actually tell us, and I don't know why you seem so convinced that I do. But if we're talking about 'Disclosure' then by definition (see above post) we're talking about the government revealing something it has kept secret for some time.

Now if we're talking about something the government has kept secret for some time, and we're talking in this particular forum, what the hell else would we be talking about?

'The Truth', geez, do you ever actually think we will get 'The Truth' from the government? Why even bother? Once again, in case you didn't catch it, in the forum we're discussing this, we're talking confirmation of alien life. That's all it's about. If you want to talk about the government disclosing something else, go to a more general forum and do it there.

Seriously, my man, seriously. I'm not talking greys, I'm not talking Nordics, I'm not talking reptilians, I'm not even talking sentient life. I believe there is sentient life about which the government is aware, but that's besides the point. I made my post as vague as possible to even allow for basic microbial life, so as not to seem to be pushing a personal agenda, and you want me to say just 'The Truth'?

Disclosure is not about the truth. Disclosure is about the government. The government is never about the truth. Disclosure in this context is confirmation of alien life.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by TheStev]

new topics

top topics

join