It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another gaffe by Obama (Berlin speech)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
First the relevant section of Obama's misconception

"The walls between old allies on either side of the Atlantic cannot stand. The walls between the countries with the most and those with the least cannot stand. The walls between races and tribes; natives and immigrants; Christian and Muslim and Jew cannot stand. These now are the walls we must tear down.

We know they have fallen before. After centuries of strife, the people of Europe have formed a Union of promise and prosperity. Here, at the base of a column built to mark victory in war, we meet in the center of a Europe at peace. Not only have walls come down in Berlin, but they have come down in Belfast, where Protestant and Catholic found a way to live together; in the Balkans, where our Atlantic alliance ended wars and brought savage war criminals to justice; and in South Africa, where the struggle of a courageous people defeated apartheid."

Obama claims that the walls built to separate Protestant from Catholic have come down in Belfast. Well, in fact, they have not. In reality MORE ARE BEING BUILT all the time.

As a May 5th USA Today story chronicles, "Ten years after peace was declared in Northern Ireland, one might have expected that Belfast's barriers would be torn down by now. But reality, as usual, is far messier. Not one has been dismantled. Instead they've grown in both size and number."

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The globalist Messiah has clearly spoken.

However, I'm convinced he's merely a forerunner.

He's not slick ENOUGH.

He's not CLEAN LOOKING/SEEMING . . . ENOUGH.

He's not seemingly GOT IT TOGETHER ENOUGH.

He's not remotely as POWERFUL as the real Anti-Christ will be in a list of ways.

He's just a puppet on a string preparing the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I believe you are very wrong about the situation in Northern Ireland. I don't know what your papers report in the USA, but the casualties, bombings, shootings have decreased very significantly.

I find it very difficult to understand the hostility towards Obama. Many of the comments I've seen about him are so outrageously racist that I feel the writers here, who would claim to deny ignorance, should be ashamed of themselves. All I see is a dirty smear campaign, not a civilised discussion of political differences.

I believe Americans should take heed of the reception that Mr Obama is receiving in Europe, and remember that however isolationist or protectionist you would like to be, we live in a globally interactive and dependent world.

Any man who stands up and states that he is for removing social, ethnic and religious barriers to enable equal rights for all, is in my opinion, a very fine man.

And by the way, the speech was built around the scenario of tearing down walls because the Berlin wall was one of the great historical atrocities and the people of Berlin suffered very greatly because of it. I well remember the celebrations all over Europe when it came down.

join