It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VID: The Histroy of Oil - serious yet funny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Google Video Link

This is definitely worth a watch.
Looking forward to seeing some comments from ATS!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is a great video, quite provocative and thought provoking.
Good job Psychopump

[edit on 7/25/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The vid takes a while a while to load. It does work.

Here is the link

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I see the problem you are missing one charactor in your gvid link, it's the - in front of the 5, That's why your video did not load, If you edit in that little - in front of the first 5 your video will load properly.

I am watching now, I like it good find Psychopump

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks Whatukno, got it working!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Just start watching this 7 minutes ago, sheer genius and accurate and entertaining -- just at the point where the comedia is talking about Anglo Persion Oil changing it's name to British Petroleum (BP) and the U.S doing coups "to bring democracy" into the middle east and a Nazi collaborator being hired by the British to do a coup, there.

thanks for the great post.

I'm going to finish watching it, now.

by the way, did you watch: 'Who Killed John O'Neill?' the FBI who fingered bin Laden & the Saudi's before WTC/911 but Cheney & Bush kept him from going after them -- another great solo performance, but not funny, rather, dramatic (video: 1-man show, Who Killed John O’Neill’ --it fingers KROLL anti-terrorist consulting outfit):

Google Video Link

[edit on 6-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

I have never seen this before but it was a pleasure to watch. Facts are often times hard to swallow and a good dose of humor goes a long way to getting them down. Reflection after a live theater performance is extreemly vivid (if it's a good show) and imo, live theater has an overt capacity to sway emotions more than other mediums. Important subject matter coverd in an appealing way. Thanks.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Excellent video! I'm going to watch it a couple of times.

Let me ask this question, outside of ATS, how many of you know people who are taking this topic seriously?

I work in a hospital and there are a lot of students, and so forth from the Middle East. Someone started talking about oil, and I said, things were going to be pretty interesting when the world gets down to the last few drops. Another person said, "Are we running out of oil?" They were not being sarcastic. Friends, this was a college educated person.

Another day, six coworkers were talking about who is pregnant, who "needs to be" pregnant, who ought to have more babies, etc.. One woman has five kids now. Do they NOT GET IT? These people are from the Philippines, so they should know what deep poverty is even if they were not poor.

A friend of mine told me how her kids want more babies. They have three kids now, but are thinking about five, or so. She was against this. I said, we are running out of oil, you might want to keep repeating that to them until they understand the ramifications. Her reply was, "So?"

I know people who still buy the line of we are bringing freedom to people in the Middle East, we are fighting so other people can have democracy, etc.. It's not about oil. When I ask them why little Cuba, that is just 90 miles from us is still Communist, they don't have an answer.

Everywhere I go, people are just going on with their lives as if nothing is going to happen. This is not a new topic. My father went back to college in the '60s and peak oil was discussed in his classes back then.

Going out to work in my garden now. At least I can enjoy it now before the starving hoards overrun it.

new topics

top topics

join