It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Tips To Shed Weight Quickly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
don't starve yourself. Dieting to starving yourself is not healthy. Exercise, you will look and feel healthy.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Yep, you are very right.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Here's another tip.

Avoid all refined and processed foods.
These foods include:
White Bread
White Rice
White Flour
White Pasta
White Sugar
Anything that has 'White' in the name really
Plus cheeses and meats.

These have had practically all their nutrition stripped from them and when you eat them, they are just processed by the body as a sugar, putting huge spikes im your blood sugar levels.
This causes your body to react by increasing levels of insulin.
If this happens too much it is not only extremely bad for your health, but will cause you to put on extra weight.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
UPDATE:

Here's another tip.

Avoid all refined and processed foods.
These foods include:
White Bread
White Rice
White Flour
White Pasta
White Sugar
Anything that has 'White' in the name really
Plus cheeses and meats.

These have had practically all their nutrition stripped from them and when you eat them, they are just processed by the body as a sugar, putting huge spikes im your blood sugar levels.
This causes your body to react by increasing levels of insulin.
If this happens too much it is not only extremely bad for your health, but will cause you to put on extra weight.

Just thought I would add to that list............

Foods deep fried in vegetable oil
Trans Fats
Potatoes(glucose)
Corn(glucose)
Brown sugar(any sugar really)
Juice Drinks(HFCS)
Sodas(HFCS)
Low fat or Skim milk (makes you fat)
Soy Protein(Personally, it makes me feel like
, not to mention all the studies that show how it's NOT good.)

Although eating whole grains and other complex carbohydrates won't spike your insulin levels, they will still cause your insulin to rise and fall, only slower. So unless it's breakfast or after a workout, you should also avoid all whole grains. All grains have nutritional deficiencies.

Edit: Plus cheeses and meats????? Really? Tell me, why should we not eat cheeses and meats?
[edit on 4-8-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

[edit on 4-8-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They;re high in saturated fats,

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A full body weight training session 3 times a week as larger muscles use up fuel while you're going about your everyday business.

eg Monday: weights, Tuesday: HIIT, Wednesday: weights, Thursday: HIIT, Friday: weights, Saturday: HIIT and Sunday: rest.

• Squat
  • Deadlift
  • Bent over rows
  • Bench press
  • Overhead press

Never work the same muscles day after day without rest as muscles grow/repair during their rest period.

Combined with a healthy 3 meal and 2/3 snack diet which makes sure your metabolism is working throughout the day through sensible food consumption.

Something slow burning to start the day such as porridge with a balanced lunch and a dinner not laden with carbohydrates while snacks such as a small handful of nuts are best.

Aim for long term goals and you'll see long term results, short sharp shocks decrease the likelihood you'll stick to the routine and won't reflect true gains.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Its very important to work with your sense of tastes as well. If you're accustomed to eating greasy food (stir fried veggies anyone? Delish) you're going to find yourself hard pressed to enjoy eating steamed veggies.

When I do cook using oils, it's always extra virgin olive oil, however it's still fattening. So, look towards alternatives.

Bake veggies in the oven under tin foil, using low fat broth for flavour, or spray steamed veggies with a butter spray. Use those 0 cal sprays for frying certain things up. Choose an egg white omlette for breakfast more often than whole egg omlettes. While it's important not to completely omit egg yolks (which contain leutine, important for eye health), it's also not very heart healthy to eat a lot of them. So, everything in moderation.

Portion your meat (ideally 3-4 oz for a female, and 4-6 oz for males), bake that meat too, or grill it. First cut off any extra skin, bones and fat. Spray lightly with cooking spray and use spices and herbs to help improve the taste. When it comes to eating it, eat half that chicken breast, not all of it. Instead of having fries with that, try other things. Bake it with a lid over it or tin foil, keep the moisture in and you wont need all the fat and grease to improve palatability.

If you want to eat things like potatoes, learn to eat it cold. The cold crystalizes the starches making it resistant to your digestive system. You will not gain as much weight as eating piping hot mashed potatoes.

Another resistant starch food is bananas, they are fantastic when made into ice cream. If you have a blender or food processer, it's exceedingly simple to make as well. Blend up bananas, stick in freezer until solid. Take out and blend again with a dash of almond milk, rice milk, soy milk or skim animal (cow, goat) milk. So easy but it's delicious and healthy.

If you are the kind of person who has a hard time feeling full after a small meal, try eating a cucumber, lettuce or celery as a final dish. Try light salad dressing, try a spray bottle as well. Light Italian dressing is something like 6 calories for an amount that will vastly improve the taste of the food.

Things like mayo and ketchup are something to be enjoyed as a treat, not to be used at every meal. Try light versions. For a nice light lunch, try 1 spoonful of 1/2 fat mayo in one can of flaked tuna, eaten with fresh cut cucumber sticks. Delicioso, even more enjoyable than a tuna sandwich, equally filling but less calories.

When looking at your dinner plate, it should be at least half veggies, one quarter resistant starch OR whole wheat grain product, and one quarter low fat skinless and boneless meat OR egg whites, or fill in the blank protein source.

Combine with exercise and you will soon see a reduction in your waistline. I lost 15 lbs in four weeks eating like this, and adding one hour of exercise in the form of dancing, three to four times a week.

The trick with exercise is to find something you enjoy. I enjoy dancing, so I turn on the radio and dance around the house. I don't see it as a work out, I see it as fun and as "me time" yet look at the positive benefits. You might enjoy tennis or hiking or swimming better. Find your thing, then go do it!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Ok. So are you saying that saturated fats should be avoided altogether?

Are you suggesting that they should be limited?

If so, why?

I'm just trying to see where you're going with this.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Wizard

Good advice! I'd like to add to it if I could......

First of all......HITT is great for fat burning.

One day off a week is hard for most people, if that's the case, you can do HIIT after your resistance training. Maybe combine HITT and Resistance training on your first workout of the week and split the rest up. That way you can have 2 days of rest.

Great list of compound exercises. For a full body workout though, I would include a few more.

1. Twisting Movement: Wood Chop, Russian Twist, ect.
  2. Plank or Bridge: Many different variations of these core workouts.

Do all of your exercises in 4 sets of 10 repetitions, except for the Deadlift. Deadlift should be 4 sets of 5 repetitions.

Great advice already UK Wizard. Hopefully this will help someone out there.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Looks like we're talking about two different things here.
You guys are talking about bodybuilding.
My advice is just for your everyday average person who wants to lose a bit of belly.
In that case, saturated fats are best avoided.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
You guys are talking about bodybuilding.
My advice is just for your everyday average person who wants to lose a bit of belly.

I am a "everyday average person who wants to lose a bit of belly" but I've done the research and weightlifting in combination with a smart diet and an off day exercise is in my opinion the best way for someone like myself or anyone to lose body fat sensibly and in the long term).

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

It's not really a bodybuilding workout either. That's much different. The above workout is more of a "get in shape" workout. Sorry for it's inclusion though..... That's just my thing.

So, if I understand you correctly, you think that meat and cheese, and I'm assuming eggs too, should be eliminated from your diet in order to avoid saturated fats. Correct?

Considering what you have excluded from your diet, I am also assuming that a vegetarian diet, save seafood, is what you are referring to. Correct?

What, exactly, would be your main source of protein?

There are plenty of nutritional myths floating around out there and hopefully I can help clear those up for ya.

Just a heads up though, we, as Americans, have reduced our dietary fat intake(mainly saturated fat) significantly over the past 30-40 years or so. Do you see any change? Sure you do, we're getting fatter.

So, while saturated fat intake has declined, obesity is steadily rising. What is really causing high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, obesity and diabetes?

What did we eat before heart disease and high cholesterol became prevalent? I can tell you that it wasn't skim and 1% milk. It wasn't low fat cheese. And you can bet that meat was always on the table. You have to realize that in the early 1900's, heart disease was rare and yet now it is the number one killer in the United States.

Something is not right here......

-Dev

top topics

<< 1   >>

join