It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I will be traveling to Lima, Peru and the surrounding areas in November for a grueling fourteen days of kung-fu HELL. Running up mountains, standing in ma bu for hours on end, and getting soundly thrashed by 150 lbs. of Hun Gar fury in the form of a small, angry Sifu...y'know...the whole "traditional" thing. Joy.

Anyways, is anyone aware of some events I might need to be aware of going on in South America that may affect me? I really don't want to be blown up, kidnapped by jungle tribes, or something else to that nature. I don' think it would be conducive to my continued breathing. I like breathing, by the way. Need it for Qi Gung, y'know?

I would greatly appreciate any forewarnings or other information. Best wishes to all.

(Mods: I am sorry if this is the wrong forum...but it made the most sense to me.)

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Good day to you,
I hope your trip to Peru goes well.
As far as I know Peru is a fairly stable, albeit, poor country. While you are there if you have time I suggest going to a few museums and checking out all the artifacts and mummies on display.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Peru is steeped in much legend and lore.
I am actually jealous of you being able to travel there.

You asked about any kidnapping or violence.... I am aware that some of this is here, as it is in almost every country. You need to be careful and not dress up and do not show your wealth. You want to appear to be a normal person if possible.

Machu Pichu is a great site to see. Also, Peru is home to the highest elevated lake in the world, Lake Titikaka (I always laugh when I say that!). These lakes have some legends surrounding them, as locals say that some sort of spirits or ghosts or beings come out from the lakes! I have no clue what these are but its an interesting story!

Maybe you can get some inside information while you are there... Remember your camera!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

top topics

join